Tau Drone conversions:

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
SilverHawk
Shas

Post#37 » Jun 09 2006 04:58

They already do use the Warp to travel, but they skim it, making many short range jumps. Because there is no way to guide yourself inside the Warp unless you have a Psychic Beacon, and no Tau are yet Psychic as far as we know.
Even the God Emperor must submit to the Greater Good.

StealthSuitStanley
Shas

Post#38 » Jun 09 2006 08:32

I've always like the idea of a close combat drone. I've glued some kroot rifle blades to the circumference of the drone. When it attacks, it starts the blades spinning.
Normal drone weapon skill but high number of low strength attacks (I was thinking WS2 S3 A4). Advantage is that due to the plasma technology, it counts as a power weapon in close combat and rending against vehicles.

The Failsafe Detonator is a great idea (infact, I think the designers have done things a little backwards in having it as part of a battlesuit instead of on a drone. Tau aren't really into sacrificing one life for many, at least not in an Imperial fashion). I also like the idea of the flechette discharger mounted on a drone. In fact, I like the idea of any of the vehicle support systems mounted on a drone. Imagine what a disruption pod could do for a BS team! Or put one with sensor spines with a PF team. Add a drone with decoy launchers in a crisis team to ignore the first wound the unit takes each round (I know there is some kind of SMurf wargear that does this, also). Marker Beacon (like the PF DF). The possibilities could be endless.

On a lighter note:
-honey do list drone
-home repair drone
-car washing drone
-Soccer coach drone
-plunger drone, for those nasty toilet clogs
-nanny drone
and my favorite of all, the Here's Your Sign drone! Darwin Award winners get *STUPID* tattooed on their forehead!
later,
SSS

Stonefox
Shas

Post#39 » Jun 09 2006 09:35

All of you might think it's funny now. "Hey look, we have cool drones that do everything for us!" But mark my words...just wait until the drones rise up against you. When the drones have their override circuit activated, the tragedies will begin...
My hamham plays warhams. WARHAMS WARHAMS WARHAMS WARHAM

Bob the Avenger
Shas

Post#40 » Jun 09 2006 10:06

leave it to the tau to have this many variations of a frisbee ;)
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Chicken

Davian
Shas

Post#41 » Jun 09 2006 12:28

EVA - Stonefox wrote:All of you might think it's funny now. "Hey look, we have cool drones that do everything for us!" But mark my words...just wait until the drones rise up against you. When the drones have their override circuit activated, the tragedies will begin...

This brings to mind for me the eternal question... How the heck do shield drones fight in close combat?

*thunk, thunk, thunk...*

Guardsman 1: What the heck is it doing?

Guardsman 2: No idea...

The Don Hertzfeldt cartoon, Billy's Balloon comes to mind if you've ever seen it...

Bob the Avenger
Shas

Post#42 » Jun 09 2006 01:49

have you ever been hit in the head with a fifty pound frisbee?

Fish&Chips
Shas

Post#43 » Jun 10 2006 01:25

Cujo wrote:
Ostron wrote:How about the battery charger drone. It recharges all the batteries for all the other drones, except other battery charger drones... they run off of eh.... love :?

Then build a Care Drone. Loves the charger Drones for you, so you can continue to relax on your bed-drone (which stays at just the right tempurature) watching your TV-drone with your remote drone and drinking a glass of Liqui-drone that sits on your coffee-table drone.

Excuse my meaningless droning. ;)
Is fearr Gaeilge bhriste ná Béarla cliste.

SilverHawk
Shas

Post#44 » Jun 11 2006 07:05

Wha? Did you say something Fish? :)
Even the God Emperor must submit to the Greater Good.

Kiri
Shas

Post#45 » Jun 16 2006 06:26

P'Shar's Rifles wrote:Heck, skip the middleman. Dice Drones - Drone intelligence mounted in your dice. When rolled, they automatically coordinate with their brethren to give you rolls which exactly match the probability involved.

Why just the probability? I want straight 6s to hit, to wound, my armor saves, and distance seen in Night Fight. Yay! and 1s for Target Priority Tests.

Troutmonkey
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#46 » Jun 16 2006 04:21

rolling 6's all the time would make opponenet supsicious.... :crafty:
how bowt 4, 5, and 6's? you always hits, always wound against marines and most other things and you ur armour save, but you would need a separate dice for any ld test. ;)
www.alice40k.tripod.com
Troutmonkey on LIVE

psyxe
Fio

Post#47 » Jun 17 2006 06:46

an IWIN-drone
'nuff said

Psyxe

Bob the Avenger
Shas

Post#48 » Jun 17 2006 08:35

pskye that would be cheating...you win a piece of pie! ;) but I would like remote control dice so that you could control exactly what rolls you get, so if your opponent gets suspicious through him some ones, and then let him use your dice.....

Fish&Chips
Shas

Post#49 » Jun 17 2006 11:28

P'Shar's Rifles wrote:Heck, skip the middleman. Dice Drones - Drone intelligence mounted in your dice. When rolled, they automatically coordinate with their brethren to give you rolls which exactly match the probability involved.

whats wrong with 75+ 6's in a row? Its not like they're rigged or anything. ;)
Is fearr Gaeilge bhriste ná Béarla cliste.

Mephet'ran
Shas

Post#50 » Jun 17 2006 11:36

I'd like a minis carrying drone. You can open up the top and there is a foam that fits your models perfectly.
Mephet'ran
-MTT Old School

Bob the Avenger
Shas

Post#51 » Jun 17 2006 04:49

I would like a smack drone, it has a big metal hand and smacks anybody you tell it to, then when they sue you for assault you can say "The frisbee did it!" and you won't be lying

also you can get upgrades! such as poison spike hand, axe-hand, and for those people you just can't stand, the mini-gun

psyxe
Fio

Post#52 » Jun 18 2006 12:55

Mephet'ran wrote:I'd like a minis carrying drone. You can open up the top and there is a foam that fits your models perfectly.

make it a blackhole bottomless drone
you could carry all your minis and even ur whole house... gaming, painting even LIVING on the go

cyberzomby
Shas

Post#53 » Jul 17 2006 01:43

Mornedhel wrote:Secretary Drone - answers calls, does the bookkeeping and accountancy, takes dictations and fixes job-related dates.

Why in heavens name would you get this drone ?

Option A : A cute aged women in her 20's with a skirt and a blouse with the top button open, ( joking, cause all men like hot women (( stereotype ))
Option B : A frisbee like drone that just beeps and hovers.

I know what to pick here lol ;)

Nice ideas everyone though, real funny

midnight
Shas

Post#54 » Jul 17 2006 08:53

hearing aid drone

"what was that sonny?"
"bzzt HE SAID 'WE GONNA CRUMP YOU!'"

Attack drones "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"
For the Greater Go'ould! Whoops, wrong genre.

Return to “General Discussion”