A note on Etiquette, or (How to thrive on ATT)

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Eiglepulper
Shas'O

Re: A note on Etiquette, or (How to thrive on ATT)

Post#11 » Feb 01 2015 06:35

As requested, so shall it be. Abracadabra!

E.

Deepstrike
Shas

Post#12 » Feb 01 2015 09:31

LOL! Thank you very much, very much appreciated.

linuxnavigator
Shas

Post#13 » Jun 11 2015 06:09

FORUM MODERATES PLEASE NOTE:

I have to express my vote of mistrust on the attitude expressed by the forum moderator "Kor'Vre - modelglue".

It is very rude to modify other people's posts and after block the thread especially when there was no ill intention. If anything, he could just ask me to remove or edit whatever he found offensive and I would have done so.
Not only did he pass a poor judgement on myself, he paid lip service to the very own forum rules. The rule on selling stuff is quite clear and is independent on one's activity in this forum. In fact, I find it quite mind blogging that he went into wasting his time by looking at my past contributions. This policing is akin to a "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal to others" situation.

For me, this is a fine case of wrong attitude, bad management and creates unnecessary distrust in the community. Should my post be edited again. Please note I saved it and will post it again on other community forums to show how one is treated. In the end one has to consider whether this attitude is acceptable at all!

Kind Regards
LN

N.B.
Dear Kor'Vre, do please understand what the term "community" really means!

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#14 » Jun 11 2015 07:46

linuxnavigator wrote:N.B.
Dear Kor'Vre, do please understand what the term "community" really means!

Did you read the part where it says:
The Administrator and Moderator Staff of Advanced Tau Tactica reserves the right to delete posts and even ban users with little to no warning - for any reason. Those who are socially incompatible with ATT's Standards will be dealt with on a member-to-member basis with varying levels of action taken as deemed necessary at the time.

Citing the community is a bit of a low kick there linux, considering your one and only post was to dump your models. I explained my stance.

J'Kaara Nan
Shas'Ui

Post#15 » Jun 12 2015 12:06

I was surprised to see my post pop again lol.

This could have also been handled via a PM as you noted yourself.

I understand your issue, but remember that here at ATT, we pride ourselves on, in fact, being a totally content driven community first and foremost.

As noted in this post you chose to revive, moderators and admins on this site make their judgments based on the idea of being both teachers and shepherds. Though I am not in tune with the conflict you are referring to in your post, modelglues stature within these forums leads me to believe he most likely acted in the right.

Your actions would have been better directed towards hisself and another moderator for discussion, rather than on an old "how to be an ATT member" note.
Enclave of the 7 Swords: 12-5-2

Deepstrike
Shas

Post#16 » Jun 12 2015 07:28

Linuxnavigstor, this is mostly for your benefit.

I saw your post and didn't think anything of it at the time, because there was another post selling pieces of their collection as well. When your post got locked, I had to take a look and figure out what was going on...

What Modelglue was trying to explain to you is that you have absolutely zero history with ATT. suddenly, out of the blue, there is a post for your models and your services.

Now, with that in mind, imagine a guy walking into a school yard, with a trench coat and he walks up to you. You have never met him, have never seen him around and suddenly he opens up his trench coat and says, "hey, do you want to buy a watch?".

In his collection, he's got what APPEAR to be rollex watches and whatever other kind of super expensive watch you can think of.... You can say yes all you want, but the fact is, you'll never know what you're getting, nor from who, or what you're getting into.

The reason I used a schoolyard apology, and children I might add, is because, using this example, you have to make a decision, but before yo do, a teacher notices said individual and before he can do ANY harm, he asks him to leave. This is done because his job is to protect his charges.

So, going back to what happened. Modelglue asked you to cease, but the other gentleman he didn't do anything about. The difference? The other gentleman was an active member. We all knew him to some extent.

Modelglue's job as a mod is to "Shepard and teach", as the saying goes. Part of that job is to protect. ATT takes their site very seriously and wants to protect their interests and their integrity, and it's well within their rights to do so.

As a first post, you shouldn't have just come on, and asked for people to buy your stuff... It's very much like the man trying to sell watches in my example.

He was well within his rights to do what he did. Also, there are other means to speak to people about this, rather than rabble rousing, which is kind of what I feel you are trying to do with this post.... And FYI, we still don't know anything about you.

Who do you think we would trust more? And TRUST is very much the issue in this case.

De'terra
Fio'Vre

Post#17 » Jun 12 2015 10:33

linuxnavigator,

I have followed your thread and I stand behind modelglue 100%
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

I do believe that none of the posts here are made with ill intentions. That does not mean that they are up to standards.
Your post did adhere to correct spelling, kindness, but the circumstances were not right.

Post editing is only done in case of bad words, malicious URL's or expressing disrepect for other members.
We can't rely on you being online all the time to make the edit.
We have several members who sell / sold mini's, bits on the forums. Paulson Games for example.

But he contributed to our community. Something that you have showed no interest in so far.
Wasting time for some people can simply mean being thorough for others.
I would like to thank you for speaking up since we value feedback and to be honest, we are only human.

I hope that this has placed our stance in a different light and that you may even consider on contributing to our community.

Tau'Va

Biddo
Shas'Ui

Post#18 » Jun 12 2015 05:16

J'Kaara Nan wrote:Your actions would have been better directed towards hisself and another moderator for discussion, rather than on an old "how to be an ATT member" note.

Issues with mods should always be taken to the mods in private. If you don't feel comfortable going to the mod you have an issue with then approach one of the other mods in private. I had an issue with how one of my posts was edited by a member of the mod team once. Even though they were 100% correct in editing my post the mod still took the time to talk to me about it and listen to my point of view on the matter. I've been on several forums where I would never have even been given a chance to have that conversion and trying to do so would have risked a ban. The mods here are a good group of people so if one does something to make you mad maybe walk away for a few mins to cool down and then come back and try to talk to them about it in private.
Want your crisis suits to have hands? try my guide

RevRanDoM
Por'O

Post#19 » Jun 13 2015 05:24

I think Deepstrike summed up the situation very well and he is entirely on point.

The only thing that I would like to add is that a few years back, we had a situation where a recently created member account posted up pictures of a Tau army that he/she was trying to sell. The sharp-eyed members here recognized the pictures, though, from a different member here who had posted up his work in the forum galleries.

Needless to say, that kind of fraudulent activity is not allowed here and so we go to great lengths to help protect the community.

Return to “General Discussion”