How to maximize my and my opponents enjoyment in each game

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Illuria
Shas'Saal

Re: How to maximize my and my opponents enjoyment in each game

Post#31 » Jul 15 2016 07:26

materpillar wrote:What exactly do you mean the "hard mode" tactical objectives?

I believe he's referring to the Supremacy Tactical Objectives set, which is generally regarded to be a much harder set of objectives to achieve

Technomagier
Shas'Saal

Post#32 » Jul 15 2016 08:43

Illuria wrote:

I believe he's referring to the Supremacy Tactical Objectives set, which is generally regarded to be a much harder set of objectives to achieve

If the Supremacy TOs are those :Image
Then, jup. These are the ones, I'm talking about.

Illuria
Shas'Saal

Post#33 » Jul 15 2016 09:06

Technomagier wrote:
Illuria wrote:

If the Supremacy TOs are those :Image
Then, jup. These are the ones, I'm talking about.

That's the ones.

CommanderDeathrain
Shas'La

Post#34 » Nov 23 2016 12:30

I'm personally planning to run my Tau as much tau supported by suits. That way with the exception of my path finders and broadsides everything will be moving and my opponents can't complain about my army standing still. :P

Tael
Fio'O

Post#35 » Nov 23 2016 06:40

Mmm in the games I play I really resist the enjoyment of sitting back and plinking away like a sniper. That reason a couple of suits are designed for in your face gameplay :D

I also used to use a Tau New Reporter who covered the battle and did a post battle interview photo with my opponents leader :D

Drizzt
Kroot'La

Post#36 » Dec 16 2016 03:13

Yay, today I learned hard way what "casual" and "beginner" mean when mixed with necrons.
I was set for friendly game to introduce him to Tau, as he never plyed with them before, constructed basic hunter cadre with variety of units (no surges, one ripide, some kroots) accompanied by "freesbies of death", mostly for troll.
And saw wraith/spider spam with those rerolls... In my face...

eRa
Shas

Post#37 » Jan 03 2017 08:41

I honestly feel like it just comes down to the riptide, and by extension the riptide wing being too good against your average opponent. Or more specifically, too cost efficient. They're just not that great against the super competitive lists that tend to make it far in tournaments. Riptides could be base 250pts and people would still get them.

Any other units that might be considered 'too strong', like broadsides, MLs, etc. Are compensated for by other obvious tau weaknesses.

OMGNINJAS
Shas

Post#38 » Jan 04 2017 12:49

I have run into this quite a bit in 7th edition. What my small group has tried doing is only playing with CAD formations and objective cards. We are trying both 1500 points and 1850 point formats with Space Marines, Tau, and Necrons.

This way you exclude a lot of the ridiculous "model-selling formations" all together like the Skyhammer Annihilation, Riptide Wing and Necron Decurion. It also encourages well-rounded lists that can secure objectives and are not "Death-Star" or redundancy oriented.

We are all meeting up in March for Adepticon and hopefully this quells the "Cheese" claims and one-sided games. At the end of the day we simply want to have fun playing the game.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#39 » Jan 08 2017 10:55

Solid point and idea OMGNINJAS, this was much like my gaming group back in the day - it was hard to avoid collecting to counter each others forces though haha.

Be good to hear how Adepticon goes too!

Return to “General Discussion”