How to maximize my and my opponents enjoyment in each game

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
eRa
Shas'Saal

Re: How to maximize my and my opponents enjoyment in each game

Post#37 » Jan 03 2017 08:41

I honestly feel like it just comes down to the riptide, and by extension the riptide wing being too good against your average opponent. Or more specifically, too cost efficient. They're just not that great against the super competitive lists that tend to make it far in tournaments. Riptides could be base 250pts and people would still get them.

Any other units that might be considered 'too strong', like broadsides, MLs, etc. Are compensated for by other obvious tau weaknesses.

OMGNINJAS
Shas'Saal

Post#38 » Jan 04 2017 12:49

I have run into this quite a bit in 7th edition. What my small group has tried doing is only playing with CAD formations and objective cards. We are trying both 1500 points and 1850 point formats with Space Marines, Tau, and Necrons.

This way you exclude a lot of the ridiculous "model-selling formations" all together like the Skyhammer Annihilation, Riptide Wing and Necron Decurion. It also encourages well-rounded lists that can secure objectives and are not "Death-Star" or redundancy oriented.

We are all meeting up in March for Adepticon and hopefully this quells the "Cheese" claims and one-sided games. At the end of the day we simply want to have fun playing the game.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#39 » Jan 08 2017 10:55

Solid point and idea OMGNINJAS, this was much like my gaming group back in the day - it was hard to avoid collecting to counter each others forces though haha.

Be good to hear how Adepticon goes too!

Return to “General Discussion”