KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#11 » Sep 11 2015 03:58

modelglue wrote:
XV566 wrote: It almost shows what might be jet backs (but that's dubious. It seems absurd that those little bits coming off the back are anywhere near big enough to thrust something that large)

In the OP, they are mentioned:
SinisterSamurai wrote:In the components list is a very small part labeled "Reactor," and of note is the x4 stabilizer jets. There are two head options.

Not sure if that was verbatim, or just an observation.
Almost verbatim, now that I'm double checking it. The parts list actually reads: Stabiliser Jets x4.
The parts list is as follows:
[spoiler=]1-4, Torso front/back/left/right.
5-6, Intake left/right
7-8, Head 1-2 (Your choice)
9 Sensor (the circular bit in the right "breast" of the torso)
10 Reactor (small part, goes into the back of the torso)
11 Support Weapon Connecting Pin x2
12 Smart Missile System x2
13-15 Burst Cannon Turret/Left/Right (x2 each)
16 Burst Cannon Front x4
17 Waist
18 Hips
19 Groin Plate
20-31 are all leg and foot parts, and there's 20 parts for them all together. lower left/right leg, upper left/right leg, knee x2, ankle joint x2 outer toe pivot x2, knee joint x2, foot socket x2, front/inner/outer toe (x2 each).
32, Stabiliser Jets x4.[/spoiler]

True, the size comparison shown above is with the legs standing straight, and the instructions seem to explicitly advice against that. They've got a little box that describes the range of motion for the legs, and standing seems to be approx 90 degree bend at the knee. So it should be shorter than we are seeing.
Before you ask, these are not my pictures. But, you can see some of the color coding on it, which is real nice compared to my B&W Pathfinder/Piranha instructions.
Last edited by SinisterSamurai on Sep 11 2015 05:06, edited 1 time in total.

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#12 » Sep 11 2015 04:20

Most excellent. :)

Good job sharing that, and the info you posted will no doubt fuel the purchase of a few '139s. The new style of instructions are a welcome addition to what are very expensive models. It is about time.

Emagdnim
Shas

Post#13 » Sep 12 2015 08:32

Really hope it isn't knight level...with a £300 price tag and no other faction/Big units to fall on back on it would be quite harsh I think. Knights are very easy to kill for most armies. I was assuming it would be Wahound/Revenant/Stompa/etc type of durability.
" Blasphemy is a victimless crime"

Lotus
Shas

Post#14 » Sep 12 2015 06:51

I'm a little surprised I've not seen this mentioned so far (possibly because of the closure of the former thread), but an additional weapon option for the KX-139 has been leaked during the Amsterdam event. It looks like a very high rate of fire weapon and is mounted on the arms instead of the Ion based weapons we have seen.
An image is available here from the faeit blog: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-v9hq_QO2WUg/V ... mage4.jpeg

Deepstrike
Shas

Post#15 » Sep 12 2015 08:24

Lotus wrote:I'm a little surprised I've not seen this mentioned so far (possibly because of the closure of the former thread), but an additional weapon option for the KX-139 has been leaked during the Amsterdam event. It looks like a very high rate of fire weapon and is mounted on the arms instead of the Ion based weapons we have seen.
An image is available here from the faeit blog: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-v9hq_QO2WUg/V ... mage4.jpeg

There was another thread that was locked down that has the fusion arms, trust me my friend.... We're all aware of it!!! ;)

That being said, I haven't seen that picture of it and appreciate the link. Cheers!

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#16 » Sep 12 2015 10:51

Lotus wrote:I'm a little surprised I've not seen this mentioned so far (possibly because of the closure of the former thread), but an additional weapon option for the KX-139 has been leaked during the Amsterdam event. It looks like a very high rate of fire weapon and is mounted on the arms instead of the Ion based weapons we have seen.

Yep. It looks like the fusion cascade weapons from the Forge World Hazard suit line. Kinda hope the Fusion Cascades get a Fusion blade option, and that the KX139 has a ridiculous five swords on it. I would laugh. I would just laugh.

Emagdnim
Shas

Post#17 » Sep 14 2015 05:06

I've never got on with Ion.always seems too few shots or gets hot fail. Deffo going fusion, I need it to take out gargantuan and SH vehicles

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#18 » Sep 16 2015 02:03

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 9705_o.jpg
Can't seem to verify this on FW, but here's something I spotted on facebook.

Edit: Removed image tag. Relevant data:
Ta'unar Supremacy Armour: £250
Ta'unar Supremacy Armour body: £130
Ta'unar Supremacy Armour Pulse Ordinance Multi-Driver: £60
Ta'unar Supremacy Armour: Tri-Axis Cannon: £30
Last edited by SinisterSamurai on Sep 16 2015 03:50, edited 1 time in total.

Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O

Post#19 » Sep 16 2015 03:17

Can you, uh, crop that photo?

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#20 » Sep 16 2015 03:53

Lyi'ot wrote:Can you, uh, crop that photo?

It's not mine, and I don't particularly feel like going to the trouble of hosting my own version, so I'll just pull the image tag, leave a link, and list the information shown.
Like many other models, you don't save money by buying the whole thing, it just streamlines the ordering process.
Supposedly, the links went up, but there were no images, and clicking those links took you to an error page. However, it's plausible that pieces, and possibly rules, will be up before the week is done.

Thanks. - Por'o Lyi'ot

Gamgee
Shas

Post#21 » Sep 18 2015 03:34

It's up for sale and the rules are up. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/P ... 99unar.pdf

Eh. I dunno. It was sold and built up as a Titan killer and I suppose it is an equal of some of the Knights, but not a proper Titan. I'm a little surprised it only has one strength D shot granted its a blast and that will work wonders on weaker things, but for things that need some concentrated D fire? I'm not sure.

Seems like a half step, but I will say I'm no IK/Titan rule master here so feel free to enlighten me.

This would murder a lot of traditional armies no doubt about it, but I already have you know an army for that.
Great Strength, Great Strike ~ Shas'o Or'es'ka

Warhound
Shas

Post#22 » Sep 18 2015 03:47

Bought mine!

Loving the fact that it is a Gargantuan Creature.... my play buddies are gonna be spitting!

some great utility to be brought with these rules.

cheers
Warhound
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

Emagdnim
Shas

Post#23 » Sep 18 2015 04:38

You can have one of each arm too. The shield will be very handy.

gmaleron
Shas

Post#24 » Sep 18 2015 05:25

Is it just me but it looks like you can't buy the fusion arm yet?

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#25 » Sep 18 2015 05:46

gmaleron wrote:Is it just me but it looks like you can't buy the fusion arm yet?

Doesn't seem available yet, no. They are probably intentionally staggering the release of the weapon options. Worth noting the rules don't provide any clues regard alternate backpack weapons.

Edit: With everything they keep crediting to Earth Caste engineer Fio’o Ke’lshan Sho’aun, I wonder if he'll be a character or HQ in the new IA book.

gmaleron
Shas

Post#26 » Sep 18 2015 06:08

Good to know, either way I am thinking the ion arms are the way to go personally. Also I've noticed that it specifically says this is for Codex Tau Empire, meaning us Farsight Enclave players will have to bring an allied detachment to field it, that is if the Farsight Enclaves book is viable with the new codex

Tearphoenix
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#27 » Sep 18 2015 06:59

I find it interesting that the rules are not listed as experimental. I wonder if that was intentional or an oversight?

Morollan
Shas

Post#28 » Sep 18 2015 07:01

Gamgee wrote:It's up for sale and the rules are up. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/P ... 99unar.pdf

Eh. I dunno. It was sold and built up as a Titan killer and I suppose it is an equal of some of the Knights, but not a proper Titan. I'm a little surprised it only has one strength D shot granted its a blast and that will work wonders on weaker things, but for things that need some concentrated D fire? I'm not sure.

Don't forget it also has the equivalent of 6 long-ranged lascannons that it can shoot in addition to the D weapon.

Return to “General Discussion”