KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Deepstrike
Shas

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Post#41 » Sep 18 2015 08:30

Emagdnim wrote:I was expecting more random fusion cascade style. So which do we think us better ? The variety of the ion which can put out 3x las cannons shots at 60 or the fusion which pumps out 5 mm shots ?.

It also sounds like you could have one of each arm ?

Personally I would rather keep this thing as far away from close combat as possible, so the ion weapon arms are my choice and you can get 6 X str 7 ap 3 shots too at a much greater range.

I'm wondering if the Fusion cascade will be taking on these rules for the XV-9 in IA 14? (Changing it to be more like a Multi-melta)

Vay
Shas'Ui

Post#42 » Sep 18 2015 08:33

1) We should have a KX-139 painting competition.
2) Ordered
3) Amazing amount of power for the points, very excited to field it. (AX10 sits in corner crying with the red head tigershark)
Last edited by Vay on Sep 18 2015 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

Minigiant
Shas

Post#43 » Sep 18 2015 08:38

Emagdnim wrote:I was expecting more random fusion cascade style. So which do we think us better ? The variety of the ion which can put out 3x las cannons shots at 60 or the fusion which pumps out 5 mm shots ?.

It also sounds like you could have one of each arm ?

Ion Cannons I think are the way to go, will be interesting to see what future arm weapons are released

Gamgee
Shas

Post#44 » Sep 18 2015 08:44

Yeah the fusion things are way too short ranged.
Great Strength, Great Strike ~ Shas'o Or'es'ka

Emagdnim
Shas

Post#45 » Sep 18 2015 08:47

I'd love some rail arms if they were packing the D rail cannon lol.

I'm hoping the TS gets a boost as I love mine. Just needs a few more hull points and the weapons changing from TL to single and like the manta I'd love to see its burst be long barrelled.

Anyhoo back to thread. I'd be tempted to have one of each arm for flexibility. The ion could remove voids then the D and fusion to do the hurting
" Blasphemy is a victimless crime"

shasocastris
Shas'Vre

Post#46 » Sep 18 2015 08:52

Man this was a glorious thing to wake up to. I'm excited and the rules are excellent. The only thing I'm a bit curious about are the lack of an overcharge option for the ion weapons. Indicator of what's happening with the new TE codex? Or just similar to the Manta, where high-end ion weaponry doesn't get the overcharge rule.

Vector Strike wrote:Underwhelming. Expected at least 3 Strength D Large Blasts and blast options for the arm weapons. The melta one is too short-ranged to work with, while the ion weapon can be done as well by 4 riptides (with longer range and ap2, albeit at 740p minimum).

Maybe? I'm honestly not sure what I expected and I'm not convinced Tau need a plethora of Str D to win. I haven't had it yet and I still do fine against the likes of Eldar and IK. This things firepower is immense, and much more than a standard riptide. Keep in mind that unlike a riptide, this platform can do direct fire *and* blast in the same turn.

One thing I noticed was in the description, it does state explicitly that "It is intended to meet a threat that the Tau Empire has not yet prepared for; the defence of worlds within their growing domain from the counter-expansion forces of other races."

This seems to indicate that the fluff of the Tau is evolving. There was a discussion earlier about how this would be integrated into the Tau forces and this would seem to answer that, at least in a preliminary sense.

As to the lack of supporting fire, I can think of two things. 1) Tau Gargantuan Creatures aren't allowed to have it or 2) It is an indication of what is to come in the new TE book. (This has happened before. Remember targeting arrays on crisis suits? First appeared in IA 3.)

I'm glad people were able to buy this. I don't know when I'll get my hands on one but I want it bad.

ShasODerpy
Shas'Ui

Post#47 » Sep 18 2015 09:14

Not at all impressed by the ruleset.

Though efficient shooting power, it's just more Str7/8 spam on a faction that has way to many Str7/8 options.
Str 9 Ion option is interesting, and with it being 60' range completely overshadows the Melta-choice. No Get's Hot for a change either.

A single-shot D-Blast? What happened to the tri-barrels?
It'll be next to impossible to miss your target(s) atleast :roll:

I don't see how this is supposed to be able to "engage Titans". Can it even damage them with it's Str8 arm-mounts?
With it's "multi-driver" being a 1-shot D blast/Str8 barrage sounds like you'll be shooting for blobs, rather then single-target superheavies.

-Derp

EDIT:
shasocastris wrote:Maybe? I'm honestly not sure what I expected and I'm not convinced Tau need a plethora of Str D to win. I haven't had it yet and I still do fine against the likes of Eldar and IK. This things firepower is immense, and much more than a standard riptide. Keep in mind that unlike a riptide, this platform can do direct fire *and* blast in the same turn.
I've had some pretty shoddy matches against Eldar and their easy D-acces. ImperialKnights atleast are confined to CloseCombat before it becomes a factor.
That said, I think Tau are heavily lacking on anti-heavy choices. Str8 simply doesn't work against Toughness 8+, and I'm starting to see more, and more ceramite plated vehicles in my meta.
The answer doesn't immedialty have to be D weapons. Let's just say, that HeavyRailRifles being brought down to Str8 feels like a bigger hit with every superheavy release.
Last edited by ShasODerpy on Sep 18 2015 09:26, edited 2 times in total.
Shas'O 50mm, the Foresighted
WIP Tau

Emagdnim
Shas

Post#48 » Sep 18 2015 09:18

I'd love it if ion changed to this style, instead of overcharged blasts.
Assuming we got something else that was a blast. Rail guns maybe getting submunitions ?
" Blasphemy is a victimless crime"

XV566
Shas

Post#49 » Sep 18 2015 09:19

So first, it definitely looks like you can take different arms, but at 24", I'm not so sure I'd want to. Getting in melta range means you can only use the concentrated bombardment, and getting there would take so long that I could have done just as much with the coherent beams.

That being said, staying far away means you can't really use the burst cannons or SMS as effectively. A slow walk up, the vanguard of a spear, sounds like a promising tactic that the riptide just couldn't do well enough. It is kind of slow though... unless gargantuan creatures can move more than 6" (don't have my rulebook handy)?

zenitslav
Shas

Post#50 » Sep 18 2015 09:26

So I have been looking at the rules for this one and the model and I can't for the life of me figure out where the "Fusion Eradicator" sits on the model, All that I can see is the two Tri-Axis Cannon's and the Pulse ordnance multi-driver. There are also a bunch of sms and burst cannons that does not have any profiles on the rules sheet.

Return to “General Discussion”