Page 3 of 36

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Posted: Sep 18 2015 03:34
by Gamgee
It's up for sale and the rules are up. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/P ... 99unar.pdf

Eh. I dunno. It was sold and built up as a Titan killer and I suppose it is an equal of some of the Knights, but not a proper Titan. I'm a little surprised it only has one strength D shot granted its a blast and that will work wonders on weaker things, but for things that need some concentrated D fire? I'm not sure.

Seems like a half step, but I will say I'm no IK/Titan rule master here so feel free to enlighten me.

This would murder a lot of traditional armies no doubt about it, but I already have you know an army for that.

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Posted: Sep 18 2015 03:47
by Warhound
Bought mine!

Loving the fact that it is a Gargantuan Creature.... my play buddies are gonna be spitting!

some great utility to be brought with these rules.

cheers
Warhound

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Posted: Sep 18 2015 04:38
by Emagdnim
You can have one of each arm too. The shield will be very handy.

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Posted: Sep 18 2015 05:25
by gmaleron
Is it just me but it looks like you can't buy the fusion arm yet?

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Posted: Sep 18 2015 05:46
by SinisterSamurai
gmaleron wrote:Is it just me but it looks like you can't buy the fusion arm yet?

Doesn't seem available yet, no. They are probably intentionally staggering the release of the weapon options. Worth noting the rules don't provide any clues regard alternate backpack weapons.

Edit: With everything they keep crediting to Earth Caste engineer Fio’o Ke’lshan Sho’aun, I wonder if he'll be a character or HQ in the new IA book.

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Posted: Sep 18 2015 06:08
by gmaleron
Good to know, either way I am thinking the ion arms are the way to go personally. Also I've noticed that it specifically says this is for Codex Tau Empire, meaning us Farsight Enclave players will have to bring an allied detachment to field it, that is if the Farsight Enclaves book is viable with the new codex

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Posted: Sep 18 2015 06:59
by Tearphoenix
I find it interesting that the rules are not listed as experimental. I wonder if that was intentional or an oversight?

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Posted: Sep 18 2015 07:01
by Morollan
Gamgee wrote:It's up for sale and the rules are up. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/P ... 99unar.pdf

Eh. I dunno. It was sold and built up as a Titan killer and I suppose it is an equal of some of the Knights, but not a proper Titan. I'm a little surprised it only has one strength D shot granted its a blast and that will work wonders on weaker things, but for things that need some concentrated D fire? I'm not sure.


Don't forget it also has the equivalent of 6 long-ranged lascannons that it can shoot in addition to the D weapon.

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Posted: Sep 18 2015 07:08
by Vector Strike
Underwhelming. Expected at least 3 Strength D Large Blasts and blast options for the arm weapons. The melta one is too short-ranged to work with, while the ion weapon can be done as well by 4 riptides (with longer range and ap2, albeit at 740p minimum).

The stat line and the shield are pretty good, though. Only Grav and D weapons will be a real problem for it, and firing from 120"...

gmaleron wrote:Good to know, either way I am thinking the ion arms are the way to go personally. Also I've noticed that it specifically says this is for Codex Tau Empire, meaning us Farsight Enclave players will have to bring an allied detachment to field it, that is if the Farsight Enclaves book is viable with the new codex


Tearphoenix wrote:I find it interesting that the rules are not listed as experimental. I wonder if that was intentional or an oversight?


Noticed those as well. No experimental would mean the IA14 is pretty close... or an oversight. The rules are too crude for a model of such weight as well. I'd guess they forgot the stamp.

And the option for codex... Yeah, that could be a signal the codex won't change its name.

Re: KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour discussion

Posted: Sep 18 2015 07:22
by Krewl
Well, that's my 3rd post here. I just love the model, I'm getting this for my birthday. (Sadly that's half a year away..)
I have not seen any rules for that 5 barrel gun, posted earlier in this thread. The Fusion gun has 5 shots, but the pictured one does not look like Tau Fusion to me.

One thing that (in game play) will be of tremendous support is the ability to use markerlights (Obvious caveat as always the soon to be released codex and any rulechanges in that.

I noticed from the kits and pictures online that the top gun and gun arms are sold separately, I'm going to assume that's where you magnetise the model and we wait for FW to produce new/different gun options for the future.

All in all I'm very exited. I love this one (And the soon to be heavy riptide).