Custom tau females and "rambo" like guy

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Re: Custom tau females and "rambo" like guy

Post#71 » Apr 08 2017 03:19

TauMan wrote:I agree. I can't figure out why no one at GW, FW, or anyone else makes a set of straight-up female firewarriors? Really, actual non-curvy, non-bikini wearing female firewarriors. Is that too much to ask for?

Or, you know, female Tau that don't have boobs or anime hair? Because why the hell would they have that?

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#72 » Apr 08 2017 03:22

Kael'yn wrote:The only "realistic" way to see feminine models will be maybe tight fitting battlesuit pilot jumpsuits, "civilian" outfits, ...
I am looking at Ethereals, Water caste diplomats (a more "feminine" look on females may help to distract humans maybe), Air caste pilots, ... for more gender anatomy diversity (outside of "pin-up" style). But GW has to release other Caste models first (we only have mainly Fire, with 2-3 Air and Ethereal models at the moment)

Kael'yn, I have to agree with you about the ethereal and water castes being the only ones showing any "feminine" look; but earth caste might too, if their overalls weren't so heavy. Female fire caste would be just like the photo you posted, no different from the males from the neck down.

I bought some of those female Kadesh heads, but the heads are to small to use with the standard Tau torsos. :::( If you want to use the Kadesh heads, then you have to get the Kadesh torsos to go with them, but then you're stuck with "boobs on armour", or "bullet traps" as you put it.

If there were was going to be real female fire caste heads, then you have to use the shape of the face and hair to indicate a female. By the way, the "Y" nasal slit Tau head is rather "masculine", so if it is suppose to be a female head, it fails.

Just discovered this site Shapeways.com, where the company will print anything you design in a 3-D modeling program; but they keep the design to sell to anybody else. There are a couple hundred entries, everything from Battlefield Gothic ship models to Space Marine shoulder pads, and even some individually custom Tau designs. Thinking of what the future is for any model company, if a person can design and print off his own models? :neutral:

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#73 » Apr 08 2017 04:25

"Real" female Tau with hair ?
Maybe long hair are male features for Tau, like our lions' mane and female have close to none. So... maybe Shadowsun is wearing a wig to show better her "alpha of the pack" state :biggrin: .
(OK, this is not real sci-fi so we need thinner faces boobs, long hair and hourglass body shape for any zeno females ... except Tyranids)

Wargame exclusive is not the only one that make Tau models:
A model I started a long ago, at least 3 years but not high on my to-do list (just a "joke" model), so it sits idle on my HDD. Face is a placeholder from an edited human head (model will probably be sold without head as they are difficult to make nice and smooth on Shapeways Frosted and I am worst in organic than mechanic modelling).

Infantry bits is higher on my 3D project to-do list, (cybernetics for Tau for example).
I just need to finish my current projects (Sept symbols and alternate shoulder pads) this summer before moving on them.

TauMan wrote:Just discovered this site Shapeways.com, where the company will print anything you design in a 3-D modeling program; but they keep the design to sell to anybody else.

Affordable 3D printing with quality equals to GW plastic or FW resin is not here but not too far.

Return to “General Discussion”