Custom tau females and "rambo" like guy

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: Custom tau females and "rambo" like guy

Post#73 » Apr 08 2017 04:25

"Real" female Tau with hair ?
Maybe long hair are male features for Tau, like our lions' mane and female have close to none. So... maybe Shadowsun is wearing a wig to show better her "alpha of the pack" state :biggrin: .
(OK, this is not real sci-fi so we need thinner faces boobs, long hair and hourglass body shape for any zeno females ... except Tyranids)

Wargame exclusive is not the only one that make Tau models:
A model I started a long ago, at least 3 years but not high on my to-do list (just a "joke" model), so it sits idle on my HDD. Face is a placeholder from an edited human head (model will probably be sold without head as they are difficult to make nice and smooth on Shapeways Frosted and I am worst in organic than mechanic modelling).

Infantry bits is higher on my 3D project to-do list, (cybernetics for Tau for example).
I just need to finish my current projects (Sept symbols and alternate shoulder pads) this summer before moving on them.

TauMan wrote:Just discovered this site Shapeways.com, where the company will print anything you design in a 3-D modeling program; but they keep the design to sell to anybody else.

Affordable 3D printing with quality equals to GW plastic or FW resin is not here but not too far.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#74 » Jan 15 2018 06:29

WE's got suits out. Interesting components for conversion, I think, but I'm not a fan of the suit-hands holding guns in their hands, especially when they are already arm mounted. That's a bit too Gundam for me.
Last edited by SinisterSamurai on Jan 15 2018 07:22, edited 1 time in total.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#75 » Jan 15 2018 04:17

Thanks for the update, interesting ideas on their part. I'd be tempted to remove the extendable sensor head and create and embedded "Up Armored" suit theme.

Look forward to their expanded models :)

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#76 » Jan 15 2018 07:22

The extended Geth-heads would take a little getting used to, but it does look like they are somewhat optional. I don't know what sensor suites we have that'd fit into that house shaped receptacle for easy conversion, if you're talking about making fixed-head suits, ala stealthstuit/Hazards, but I do think fixed heads would look real nice on these, even if I had to scratch build them.

I guess I should mention that they have 4 kinds of guns, ad you order the whole suit with one pair of guns. No mix-matching, no options. You either get a double fusion, double ion, double plasma, or double burst cannon (encased, like Stealth Suit bursts).

Also, the entire front armor is optional, for those that want a terrifying exposed pilot.

All in all, I feel like these are pretty good looking, non-cheesecake models from a cheesecake company. And they're still one of the only real third-party Tau suppliers.

Draco023
Shas'Saal

Post#77 » Jan 15 2018 08:48

Holy cripes that's a heck of a face! I supposes I'd be looking like that myself if my 3+ armor suddenly vanished from my suit though.

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#78 » Jan 15 2018 11:41

I've included a ton of females in my army thanks to their kits. I do agree that boobs are too big, but I like having this equality. I'm at 1/4th female at the moment I think.

Female Ethereal

A couple female Breachers (middle and behind left)

Female Pathfinders (center and center back)

Some female Strike (center and right to center)

Female Darkstrider

Female Cadre Fireblade

They blend in really well with the rest of the army.

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#79 » Jan 16 2018 07:16

Panzer wrote:Those miniatures would be infinitely better if the females wouldn't be half naked all the time imo.

I understand it's cool&fun for pin-up esque models as he started out with some of those but by now he has a lot that are obviously meant to be used ingame as well and there they simply don't fit.

The thing is they have to make non-pin-up models. All the pin-up models there are old. They don't have a very aggressive release schedule and they try to give focus to other factions as well.
When they released the female pin-up tech priest, people wined so much about it being a pin-up that they released a front armor plate that you could add to her, which was cool.

SinisterSamurai wrote:WE's got suits out. Interesting components for conversion, I think, but I'm not a fan of the suit-hands holding guns in their hands, especially when they are already arm mounted. That's a bit too Gundam for me.

XV9 hazard suits are holding their guns just like these guys. And I plan to use them as XV9s.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#80 » Feb 06 2018 09:02

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#81 » Feb 15 2018 05:08

One buff Ethereal - thanks for the heads up!

Return to “General Discussion”