Custom tau females and "rambo" like guy

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
boomwolf
Shas'La

Re: Custom tau females and "rambo" like guy

Post#21 » Oct 03 2015 05:32

I think samurai's line, and I agree with him, is "copy away, as long you don't try to make a profit of it."

If I truly enjoy a game I pirated, I'll buy it even after playing. (done do many times), if not I'll just erase it and move on.
I'll make my own models, own storiesstories, etc, based on the work of others. Buy NEVER sell them.

DiMu
Shas

Post#22 » Oct 03 2015 05:35

Guys thanks for all of your answers.
I can figure out all of your point of view: maybe the tau females are not morphologically that different from male, and for sure this representations of a female being are quite subjected to a stereotypical image of the woman. Anyhow I like the badass look of those models. Maybe, as someone of you said, they're more focused on FSE armies, due to their personalization of equipment and their characteristics from which you can recognize one tau from another (dislike what happens in the main army, where the individualism appears to be lost to pursuit at best the greater good).
I can feel as well the copyright discussion. maybe they've gotten the inspiration (ok, one of these models is identical to a frank found on dev) from some arts and pics found in the web. And selling those models without the main author agreement is a bad attitude indeed.
But I think that even if the purchase on these models is something discussible, they can give us some inspiration on future modifications.
And I have to say, the KX139 with those little tau on the shoulders is just one of the prettiest things I have ever seen: they make the gigantic suit resemble even bigger, inserting a scale comparison.
Thanks a lot for the review links and for ALL of yours impressions about these models!
Have fun and keep talking about your feelings :)

EDIT: @boomwolf I perfectly agree on the software example. Same here. :P

Emagdnim
Shas

Post#23 » Oct 03 2015 06:06

Really high quality resin IMO and cool models. The Big Shas/ Cadre fireblade proxy fits the fluff so much better than the cape wearing SM wannabe.

I ave most of the tau ones.got a few pics on my post in the painting section
" Blasphemy is a victimless crime"

Tael
Fio'O

Post#24 » Oct 03 2015 07:03

I've said my piece as a professional bound to international laws on the matter. Onmyou has a good overview of it actually.

I admire the work and it's good to see folks getting a kick out of the scuplts, even if I personally am not to fond of how they came to be.

When one can defend the rights of your artwork, you do so. It's not like I had an entire forum community shut down after they appropriated ATT's emoticons and refused to remove them when I asked kindly. Oh wait.. I did, and no one touched our emoticons again.

- Tael.

Emagdnim
Shas

Post#25 » Oct 03 2015 07:30

It is a very valid point and if GW hit them with a court case they will likely lose. However I think it's a nice alternative.

Emagdnim
Shas

Post#26 » Oct 03 2015 07:32

plus with GW and copy right I kinda think they are abit hypocritical. space marines moving to Adeptus Astartes and guard to Astra Militarum proves that.

Necrons were clearly stolen from Terminator, nids were clearly influenced by aliens, Eldar are elves and so on. they have evolved since then but if you look back to their origins GW played it very close.

Myrdin
Shas

Post#27 » Oct 03 2015 08:07

Emagdnim wrote:It is a very valid point and if GW hit them with a court case they will likely lose. However I think it's a nice alternative.

So what you want to say is, buy them as soon and fast as possible hence they might dissappear any day.

Darn.... and just now we get new Tau release as well.... *moans painfully* I wonder how long I can resist the temptation to empty my wallet. I am as sure as hell gonna get few more of those (I really like those with the swords. The sword design seem Tauish enough, even though I personally would change the hilt and and handle. Though I have my own CC Tau conversions going, I think few of those ladies might fit well into the mesh - even though I am not a fan of their nakedness. Would love to see them wear proper armor, going all Paladin style :3

Sinister: I completely agree. I enjoyed the change of topic to something other than Rumors. Refreshing and enjoyable :)

Emagdnim
Shas

Post#28 » Oct 03 2015 08:12

I am saying if you like them,buy them.

I have been playing and buying since RT days. the amount I have spent over the decades is bonkers. the new tau release will likely see another £800 spent (recouped from selling off nearly two grand worth of my armies) on Gw and FW goodies. given I would never spend money on GWs fireblade/darkstrider/shadowsun models due to my dislike of thier models it's not like they are taking money from me that would have gone to GW if that makes sense?.

shasocastris
Shas'Vre

Post#29 » Oct 03 2015 02:03

SinisterSamurai wrote:https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/v/t1.0-9/12106762_511149829053041_2068530663268367925_n.jpg?oh=02ffc3900e1b01c3556030ff17afda23&oe=56986814

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56D2C14A

Are you able to see those?

Nice! Thank you very much. That is also a neat way to ensure a pose. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Cheers!

E'nigma
Shas

Post#30 » Oct 24 2015 12:58

Looks like Wargames Exclusive has added another new model to their Greater Good range.
http://wargameexclusive.com/shop/greate ... nger-28mm/

Return to “General Discussion”