Custom tau females and "rambo" like guy

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Emagdnim
Shas

Re: Custom tau females and "rambo" like guy

Post#31 » Oct 24 2015 11:02

Very Dark ,looks like he's striding..
" Blasphemy is a victimless crime"

E'nigma
Shas

Post#32 » Oct 24 2015 11:26

Emagdnim wrote:Very Dark ,looks like he's striding..

That was my very first thought when I saw him. Use the original model as a plain Jane pathfinder or a Shas'ui and use this certified BA as the Strider of the dark.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La

Post#33 » Jun 21 2016 01:06

Alright, so, these guys are just continuing to roll out the Tau. There've been some updates since October.
http://wargameexclusive.com/product-cat ... ater-good/

New minis-wise, we have Sh'O'Gun

O'Katn(a):
(I believe this one might be based on this image.)

Ro'Iden

and my favorite of the new ones, Far Taker

They've used photoshop to artificially color almost all of the Greater Good line-up. The Maurader has also been updated with a beefier pulse rifle, and those beefier/alternate pulse rifles are actually for sale.
ImageImage

In addition, I've found the sculptor's FB page again.
https://www.facebook.com/grimskullminis/
Where there's a render preview of two Tau jetbikes that should be on the way to the store soon.
ImageImage
The one is clearly based on the classic and relatively popular sniper-drone-jet-bike-conversion that's been around forever.
The second plays with drone modularity which is very near and dear to my heart.
The sculptor also mentioned that both should be available with a non-bare-assed rider, so here's hoping.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#34 » Jun 21 2016 01:53

Damn the "Far Taker" one looks really awesome!
Too bad i don't know as to what i would use him. A Fireblade most likely but i don't really use one in my army.

I'm still not too sure about the concept of a Jetbike for Tau. I love Jetbikes but i don't really think they fit Tau since they already have Battlesuits and the Piranha.

Ifrit
Shas'La

Post#35 » Jun 21 2016 02:07

Panzer wrote:Damn the "Far Taker" one looks really awesome!
Too bad i don't know as to what i would use him. A Fireblade most likely but i don't really use one in my army.

I'm still not too sure about the concept of a Jetbike for Tau. I love Jetbikes but i don't really think they fit Tau since they already have Battlesuits and the Piranha.

I'd personally use it as a Pirahna stand in.
But they look all look awesome. :biggrin:

Myrdin
Shas

Post#36 » Jun 21 2016 02:28

Far taker is amazing.
Makes me wanna do my second Sniper drone team out of these guys instead of drones... well that might be an idea.

As for the jetbikes I like the second version, that seems like it could have two drones attached to it. Might be a fine sub. for Pathfinder Tetras (slap in one Marker and One Pulse drone to represent the armaments of tetras). Would need to se the actual model and its scale but if it fits I would gladly take those as replacements :)

abraxus
Shas

Post#37 » Jun 21 2016 07:57

I would take that drone bike for count-as tetras (using marker drones) if it wasn't for the armored thong on the pilot....

Great looking models otherwise.

boomwolf
Shas'La

Post#38 » Jun 21 2016 11:43

Well, they did say there will be a properly dressed variation.

Too bad it's way too thin for a pirhana though. Already has real Tetras here.

ZainNL
Shas

Post#39 » Jun 22 2016 02:58

The Farsight novel talks about women that serve as fire warriors, meaning they are
practically the same-looking as males.

I have seen these miniatures as they were sent to me by a friend, but will not order
them. The women sculpts annoy me as they represent to me what has really ruined
good mangas and animes: gratuitousness. Never mind that this setting takes place
in a near-endless war and wearing bikinis on the battlefield is a good example of
stupidity, I feel it takes down the entire look of the Tau army: sleek and professional.

Just my 2 cents :)

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#40 » Jun 22 2016 03:30

It's already known that female Tau look mostly the same as male Tau.
Just look at Shadowsun and we even got a female head in the Firewarrior box now. ;)

However i will get one of the skimpy dressed female Tau one day just to have a Tau pin-up esque model. I won't use it in any army list though. :D

Return to “General Discussion”