Custom tau females and "rambo" like guy

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Tael
Fio'O

Re: Custom tau females and "rambo" like guy

Post#61 » Mar 05 2017 03:16

Totally agree, great updates. Not to sure on the transport, I do like the drone units with it though. Man, need to save some coin and hit these guys up!

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La

Post#62 » Mar 09 2017 01:05

Tael
Fio'O

Post#63 » Mar 11 2017 05:23

Hrmmm.. thats.. different - almost want to saw out the entire middle portion then reglue.

Jefffar
Shas'Vre

Post#65 » Apr 08 2017 06:37

This guy is not giving a care about GW IP lawyers, is he?

Those super stealth suits look pretty awesome. The pathfinder has some cool design elements as well, though I am not sure what the rules benefit of the visible navel and camel toe should be.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#66 » Apr 08 2017 06:47

Those miniatures would be infinitely better if the females wouldn't be half naked all the time imo.

I understand it's cool&fun for pin-up esque models as he started out with some of those but by now he has a lot that are obviously meant to be used ingame as well and there they simply don't fit.

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#67 » Apr 08 2017 12:09

The "Stealth Suits" look like a dead ringer for the XV46 Vanguard Void Suits. Since no models were ever made for them, these would work well.
Panzer wrote:I understand it's cool&fun for pin-up esque models as he started out with some of those but by now he has a lot that are obviously meant to be used ingame as well and there they simply don't fit.

I agree. I can't figure out why no one at GW, FW, or anyone else makes a set of straight-up female firewarriors? Really, actual non-curvy, non-bikini wearing female firewarriors. Is that too much to ask for?

TauMan
8th Edition is here: Keep Calm and Carry On!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Jefffar
Shas'Vre

Post#68 » Apr 08 2017 01:54

Based on the 7th Ed Codex, there is no visual difference between male and female firewarriors from the neck down.

At least once they are armoured up.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#69 » Apr 08 2017 02:02

TauMan wrote:I agree. I can't figure out why no one at GW, FW, or anyone else makes a set of straight-up female firewarriors? Really, actual non-curvy, non-bikini wearing female firewarriors. Is that too much to ask for?

New Firewarriors and Ghostkeel kits have one female head (following Shadowsun design of Y shaped nose slit)

Armor doesn't need to be genderized (no "bullet trap" in the middle of the chest) if female anatomy is similar to male. Even by our human standard, the difference is not so important when you wear a large bulky armor like the firewarrior one.

General body shape will be masked by fatigues and armors too, if similar enough again.

Check this image (one in a many): without looking at faces (too lazy to edit it), hard to say if they are females or males.

The only "realistic" way to see feminine models will be maybe tight fitting battlesuit pilot jumpsuits, "civilian" outfits, ...
I am looking at Ethereals, Water caste diplomats (a more "feminine" look on females may help to distract humans maybe), Air caste pilots, ... for more gender anatomy diversity (outside of "pin-up" style). But GW has to release other Caste models first (we only have mainly Fire, with 2-3 Air and Ethereal models at the moment)

Edit:
Zealot miniatures produced armoured breastplate chest (with very visible bulges) and female heads for their Tau-ish "Kadesh" models soem years ago.

Jeffar wrote:Based on the 7th Ed Codex, there is no visual difference between male and female firewarriors from the neck down.

At least once they are armoured up.

The old "Xenology" book used to say that Tau and human body anatomy are very close compared to the difference in exterior, visible features. And I don't remember any clue about other sexual dimorphism than face slit in GW materials (even in Fevhari "Last of Kirue Line" where Shadowsun goes naked in front of her soldiers after her recovery).

nic
Kroot'La

Post#70 » Apr 08 2017 02:32

For the most part it should be easy enough to paint up those models as having skintight suits rather than bare flesh. Now I know that this is a aesthetic that not everybody loves but it is a genuine Science Fiction aesthetic.

It works better for the less armoured Pathfinder type models than for more heavily armoured Strike Team members but I have no issue with it except for the occasional model they have where it would require adaption to make the skintight suit look be valid - at best it could look like a spray-on fabric but that is a bit much for me.

Honestly I am tempted to get some of these for a kill team. They do have a ton of character; not all of it good. :crafty:

Return to “General Discussion”