TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Jacket
Shas'Saal
Posts: 354

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#37 » Jan 10 2016 06:59

Okay I'm going to give my idea on the overcharged sound effect for the Ion weapon line. Visually I imagine the Tau Ion weapons to be our closest approximation to how lasers work. For example we fire plasma and in games its a little blue bolt of energy, but I always imagined Ion being almost like a weird laser beam like effect that strikes its target near instantly. Which is why I went that way with the Ion weapons normal firing mode sounding so.... precise and curt.

Now add a giant explosion to it at the end but almost like its part of the beam or laser. If you've ever watched Gundam Wing or maybe some others there are some weapons that fire and they are like an energy beam with an explosion at the end. I think you can see one right in episode one in the first few minutes with the thing the tank mech that has two guns on its back. Visually I think its important to have that guide to get the timing of where the explosion should go. It's not like a tank cannon or some slower velocity rounds the blast has to follow the beam or shot quite quickly.

Now on to the sound. The generator needs to be quick charge up and then a hold at its crescendo before unleashing hell, and I think it would be a neat touch for the Nova Charged version to almost sound like warning alarms are going off in in the Riptide and you can hear hissing and other dangerous sound effects as this generator charges and is almost killing its pilot. The shots sound effect itself we have so we can just beef them up a little, but no multiple shots one big longer coherent beamy sound and then followed by a large blast sound effect that hisses and sizzles with concussive force and you can feel the wind coming back at you from the blast. When the overcharged versions beam hits an area I picture almost a swirl or vortex of powerful energy before it blasts out as described. There is an after effect of charged ions in the atmosphere for a few seconds as the very air sizzles from the powerful blow like the air is not just being damaged or destroyed but vaporized. Perhaps sometimes near the end it could let us know it needs to recharge or make recharge sounds, but that's optional and might take away from the devastation we feel from its firing.


If you need more ask and I will clarify. I got a great idea for the Ta'unar by the way when your ready. :biggrin:

User avatar
Isotope
Shas
Posts: 251
Contact:

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#38 » Jan 14 2016 04:21

Jacket wrote:Okay I'm going to give my idea on the overcharged sound effect for the Ion weapon line. Visually I imagine the Tau Ion weapons to be our closest approximation to how lasers work. For example we fire plasma and in games its a little blue bolt of energy, but I always imagined Ion being almost like a weird laser beam like effect that strikes its target near instantly. Which is why I went that way with the Ion weapons normal firing mode sounding so.... precise and curt.

Now add a giant explosion to it at the end but almost like its part of the beam or laser. If you've ever watched Gundam Wing or maybe some others there are some weapons that fire and they are like an energy beam with an explosion at the end. I think you can see one right in episode one in the first few minutes with the thing the tank mech that has two guns on its back. Visually I think its important to have that guide to get the timing of where the explosion should go. It's not like a tank cannon or some slower velocity rounds the blast has to follow the beam or shot quite quickly.

Now on to the sound. The generator needs to be quick charge up and then a hold at its crescendo before unleashing hell, and I think it would be a neat touch for the Nova Charged version to almost sound like warning alarms are going off in in the Riptide and you can hear hissing and other dangerous sound effects as this generator charges and is almost killing its pilot. The shots sound effect itself we have so we can just beef them up a little, but no multiple shots one big longer coherent beamy sound and then followed by a large blast sound effect that hisses and sizzles with concussive force and you can feel the wind coming back at you from the blast. When the overcharged versions beam hits an area I picture almost a swirl or vortex of powerful energy before it blasts out as described. There is an after effect of charged ions in the atmosphere for a few seconds as the very air sizzles from the powerful blow like the air is not just being damaged or destroyed but vaporized. Perhaps sometimes near the end it could let us know it needs to recharge or make recharge sounds, but that's optional and might take away from the devastation we feel from its firing.

If you need more ask and I will clarify. I got a great idea for the Ta'unar by the way when your ready. :biggrin:


This sounds like a great sound effect Jacket! - Yes, count me in. I love the Tau weapons, and I love having this kind of detail moving into a sound effect project!
Help make our Tau SoundBoard Great!

User avatar
Isotope
Shas
Posts: 251
Contact:

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#39 » Jan 14 2016 04:30

So... this has happened!! After 3 weeks working with a Music Store aggregate and iTunes, finally its completed. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thank you for supporting this project and allowing this option to happen. I hope this solution works for some of you! :)

Image
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/t.e.-soundboard/id1070971645

Image
Help make our Tau SoundBoard Great!

Jacket
Shas'Saal
Posts: 354

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#40 » Jan 16 2016 11:38

Once all the Tau unit sounds are done at some point we should make like ambient loops of battlefield noise for games as Tau. It would require making some sounds for the primitive weapons of our enemies but it could be a fun project for you to do.

User avatar
Isotope
Shas
Posts: 251
Contact:

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#41 » Jan 22 2016 01:24

Jacket wrote:Once all the Tau unit sounds are done at some point we should make like ambient loops of battlefield noise for games as Tau. It would require making some sounds for the primitive weapons of our enemies but it could be a fun project for you to do.


Well at this point, I'm testing to see how much the website is getting used. Right now the website has serviced 1,376 unique people around the globe. However, less and less people are using the website on a regular basis.

The objective of all this hard effort is to make something useful for enhancing Tau player experience. This is also released on the heals of the Tau codex update and new models, so there should be a lot of traffic and usage. However I'm not seeing that in the recent days. Take a look at the recent statistics, you will see what I mean:

Image

Image

What this tells me is there is something wrong with the website, that is causing a diminishing ongoing value. I'm worried that by adding more sound effects I have inadvertently worsened the user experience. I'm not a professional web HTML5 coder.... so getting the website to load faster is out of my reach. However.... I did figure out that if it was an issue, I could do my best to get the sound effects to pass through iTunes and onto IOS devices. If successful, I would port over to Google Play (Costs me more money to activate that service).

I... just want to me sure that all this work is worth it. Is there much interest in the sound board? I don't know.... but if usage averages out and people actually still use the sound board, then yes, for sure I will continue doing more sound effects. Starting with your suggestion Jacket. I really appreciate that effort, and yes I will be using your advice to make the sound effect. You see how your last suggestions got put in and literally changed 5 complete sound effects, to all sound similar? that was SO GOOD. All Ion weapons now have a hint of influence from your HalfLife inspiration. .... Frankly... I LOVE IT. Sounds like "TAU! TAU! TAU!" weapon sound effect.

If I continue with sound effects, it will be because of enthusiasm from excellent fellow commanders, like yourself Jacket.

Cheers!
Help make our Tau SoundBoard Great!

User avatar
DaceKhan
Shas
Posts: 42

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#42 » Jan 22 2016 03:01

Just wanted to say I love your work, I haven't had the courage to pester non-housemates with the sounds, but I plan to :P

I love them, and they add to my imagination when playing my army.
Until all are one

Jacket
Shas'Saal
Posts: 354

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#43 » Jan 22 2016 11:02

My friend loved when I fired the Stormsurges cluster rockets and played the sound at a decisive moment of gameplay. Hahah. So I'm definitely using it and plan to for the foreseeable future.

User avatar
Isotope
Shas
Posts: 251
Contact:

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#44 » Jan 24 2016 03:38

DaceKhan wrote:Just wanted to say I love your work, I haven't had the courage to pester non-housemates with the sounds, but I plan to :P

I love them, and they add to my imagination when playing my army.


Jacket wrote:My friend loved when I fired the Stormsurges cluster rockets and played the sound at a decisive moment of gameplay. Hahah. So I'm definitely using it and plan to for the foreseeable future.


Thanks guys. Hearing feedback like that really counts. Really appreciate it. ;) :roll:
Please keep spreading the word, "Tau has it's own sound board" - I hope to see more people using and enjoying the sound effects! even better still... providing feedback like you guys.

I can't thank you enough! :D
Help make our Tau SoundBoard Great!

User avatar
DaceKhan
Shas
Posts: 42

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#45 » Jan 30 2016 03:57

Could I request a sort of 'Combined firepower' sound clip, as in a mixture of several units shooting. Maybe even start with a commander calling in the attack :D

Extra points for Commander > Markerlights > Firewarriors > Missile pods > Railguns in that order :P
Until all are one

User avatar
Chris
Shas'La
Posts: 192

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#46 » Dec 14 2016 02:38

Hello,

Just wanted to try the soundboard. But it seems to be gone? Does anyone know what happened?

User avatar
Dsurion
Shas
Posts: 9

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#47 » Mar 10 2017 02:36

I was also looking for the soundboard and it's down. Is the original file still around anywhere?

User avatar
Ka'Buki
Shas'Saal
Posts: 43

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#48 » Mar 11 2017 11:14

Not Found

HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

:::(

I just saw this thread. Hopefully this can be recovered somehow.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests