TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Isotope
Shas

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#21 » Nov 15 2015 12:36

Jacket wrote:Thank you for listening to my request. Now everyone can enjoy that amazing sound file. :D

You are welcome man! AND hey! I think I got the sound files to Cache on your mobile device now, so you should be able to play the sound files without internet connection ;) :biggrin:

Major update guys.... I just RE-WROTE the whole website.
I've tried very hard to make the website load faster.... using asyncronose loading of the JSON scripts and using 24hour browser caching. (This stuff is new to me - I'm not a programmer).
Trying my best... I think I have the Sound files set to a 24 hour cache. So once loaded, you should have 24 hours before the HTML asks for the files again.

TAU SOUND BOARD IS READY!
http://www.tauempiresoundboard.com

Thanks to all your feedback and encouragement. Here is the latest sound board from your old pall from planet "Path" (Path of Tau website)

BEAWARE ALTHOUGH IT LOADS FASTER THEN BEFORE - IT STILL LOADS SLOWLY (Sound files)
So please be patient loading the webpage - you will not be disappointed :D :D :D

Here is the link: :biggrin: :D

http://www.tauempiresoundboard.com
Last edited by Isotope on Nov 27 2015 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Help make our Tau SoundBoard Great!

Isotope
Shas

Post#22 » Nov 17 2015 04:01

Hi guys,

Just checking in.

I'm curious to know if anyone is interested in helping out with the RipTide sound board thread?

I'm looking at the Ghost Knell unit and it's unique Ion weapon. Seems to me there are now several versions of the Ion weapon across the Tau armoury - including the new Supremacy walker.
Also there is a High Yield version of the burst cannon that grabs my attention.
There is also... a bonus project I was thinking about - 4 Explosions (Highly interesting explosions - like for vehicle destroy sound effects) (One of them being a Land Raider... another The Necron Monolith) (One of them a flyer being hit and crashing) You get the idea.

So.... WHO EVER RESPONDS BACK FIRST - With what ever sound effect: GETS IT. - But JUST ONE of the ones below:

1. Ghost Knell Ion Raker
2. Supremecy Walker Tri-Axis Ion Cannon
3. Supremecy Walker Fusion Eradicator
4. Supremecy Walker Pulse Ordinance Weapon
5. High yield version of the Burst Cannon
6. Heavy Burst Cannon (RipTide)
7. Explosion 1: LandRaider
8. Explosion 2: Monolith
9. Explosion 3: Flyer
10. Explosion 4: ? what would you like?

The first person to pick something - That becomes my project this week! and gets added by Friday morning.

Isotope
Shas

Post#23 » Nov 20 2015 07:02

Hey guys...

No one requested anything... :-( :sad: I guess no one reads this thread anymore? :-? :sad:
I've added an "Explosion" button. This way when you fire a weapon, you can follow through with an explosion. Especially if you roll Vehicle destroyed!

Hope someone out there is enjoying the sound board :-(

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Nov 20 2015 07:32

Isotope wrote:Hey guys...

No one requested anything... :-( :sad: I guess no one reads this thread anymore? :-? :sad:
I've added an "Explosion" button. This way when you fire a weapon, you can follow through with an explosion. Especially if you roll Vehicle destroyed!

Ghostkeel Ion Raker. Love your work! I mostly lurk but if no one else wants to pick then I will. It's my favorite of the new models made.

Isotope
Shas

Post#25 » Nov 20 2015 09:23

Jacket wrote:
Isotope wrote:Hey guys...

Ghostkeel Ion Raker. Love your work! I mostly lurk but if no one else wants to pick then I will. It's my favorite of the new models made.

HEYYY!!! Jacket! My friend!

Thanks... You BET IT WILL. Because it's you, I'll put 10 hours into the Ghost Keel Ion Raker.
Even better yet.... what would you like it to sound like? what does it sound like in your imagination? Give me a couple hints, and I'll keep it all in mind while I'm assembling the sound bits (Sound Legos) tomorrow :)

Cheers!

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Nov 20 2015 11:15

Hmm.... I'll start with what I think an ion weapon sounds like when overcharged first and work my way back. I don't know why but I've always had this perfect idea in my head for what an overcharged effect would be.

I imagine an overcharged blast to be a low charged sound that build up in intensity like a generator charging (not too long though), the shot sounds like a hissing cutting attack since its burning air particles, and then very quickly followed by something akin to an explosion as a large blast of ionized particles vaporize an area of effect. So a mix of an explosion and the hissing sound I mentioned. It's a strange weapon to describe.

So working my way back from that I would leave out the explosion effect for the non charged version and not make it so strong sounding. The Raker on normal firing I would imagine almost sounds like ta furious roaring burning cavalcade of sound from the sheer weight of fire. More bursty than sustained unleashing salvos. It's got a similar sound to the overcharged mode when it impacts but minus the blast qualities. It's our second fastest firing direct energy weapon at a quick glance so just short of a minigun level of shots. The Heavy Burst Canon I would make sound like burst canon minigun. Then its nova reactor turns the mini gun up to 11!

I got faith you can translate my words into a great sound. Even if it requires some artistic interpretation. If I've said too much just take the key words you need and go with it, and if I've said too little let me know.

Isotope
Shas

Post#27 » Nov 22 2015 04:59

New sound effects available:
Blogg:
http://tauempiresoundboard.blogspot.ca/2015/11/5-new-sound-effects-4-new-pulse-rifles.html
I wish someone gave me this feedback earlier. Having different sets of PulseRifle fire is a crucial component to any army. It's the infantry factor of the army.

Well, better late then never! :biggrin: :D

Now we can specify a close proximation of how many PulseRifles we are firing!

PS: Still not fully satisfied with the broadside sound effect... I've done another one. I think this is.... my 12th one so far. This one.... is my favourite now. It's very simple, and gets to the point fast.

Cheers!

Isotope
Shas

Post#28 » Nov 23 2015 01:00

Jacket wrote:1. I imagine an overcharged blast to be a low charged sound that build up in intensity like a generator charging (not too long though),
2. the shot sounds like a hissing cutting attack since its burning air particles,
3. and then very quickly followed by something akin to an explosion as a large blast of ionized particles vaporize an area of effect.

4. So a mix of an explosion and the hissing sound I mentioned. It's a strange weapon to describe.

5. So working my way back from that I would leave out the explosion effect for the non charged version and not make it so strong sounding.
6. The Raker on normal firing I would imagine almost sounds like ta furious roaring burning cavalcade of sound from the sheer weight of fire.
7. More bursty than sustained unleashing salvos.
8. It's got a similar sound to the overcharged mode when it impacts but minus the blast qualities.
9. It's our second fastest firing direct energy weapon at a quick glance so just short of a minigun level of shots.

10. The Heavy Burst Canon I would make sound like burst canon minigun. Then its nova reactor turns the mini gun up to 11!

I got faith you can translate my words into a great sound. Even if it requires some artistic interpretation. If I've said too much just take the key words you need and go with it, and if I've said too little let me know.

Any sound effects currently on there, that kinda resembles what you are imagining?
The Ion Cannon that currently there is due for an overhaul.... which means remake from scratch. I do kinda like the way it sounds, but if I'm going to build a base sound for all Ion weapons.... well... I should make sure the sound effects are correctly assembled.

Thanks Jacket!

EDIT: Here is some goodies from the Rip-Tide sound effects (Rip Tide has an Ion weapon) - So we might kill... 5 birds with one stone:
What do you think of these sound effects?

Found some new possible sound for the ION cannon... will be used to create the "Base sound" which is applied to all Ion weapon sound effect variations.

http://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/45321139/sci-fi-force-field-impact-1.html
http://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/6142382/circuit-breaker-switch-large-power-04.html

Power Shield Activating
http://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/45358537/sci-fi-machine-recharging-3.html

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#29 » Nov 24 2015 04:33

I feel that third sound effect is perfect for the charging up of the Overcharged Ion Accelerator on the Riptide. Even though you had some intentions to use it as the shield in my opinion it sounds much more like a weapon charging. The Riptide is still one of the largest suits we have and I feel that should be reflected in its sounds.

As for the firing effect? Hmmm kind of like a Half Life 2 Gauss Gun shot that's a little deeper sounding to match the charge up sound and some added hum. Then with an explosion to it at the end.

This one you linked, just adding it here to be specific. http://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/45358 ... ing-3.html

HL2 Gauss Cannon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KLQeZAz8tI

Isotope
Shas

Post#30 » Nov 24 2015 11:16

Jacket wrote:I feel that third sound effect is perfect for the charging up of the Overcharged Ion Accelerator on the Riptide. Even though you had some intentions to use it as the shield in my opinion it sounds much more like a weapon charging. The Riptide is still one of the largest suits we have and I feel that should be reflected in its sounds.

As for the firing effect? Hmmm kind of like a Half Life 2 Gauss Gun shot that's a little deeper sounding to match the charge up sound and some added hum. Then with an explosion to it at the end.

This one you linked, just adding it here to be specific. http://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/45358 ... ing-3.html

HL2 Gauss Cannon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KLQeZAz8tI

Whew! 6 hours and 10 bucks in sound effects later... LOL.... Hi Jacket! I'm pleased to announce there is now an ION RAKER sound effect on the sound board. BECAUSE.... you ASKED for it. Also... your suggestions have been applied without copyright infringement on Steam product "HalfLife" sound effects. So... yes you barely can hear the sound effect you suggested, if you listen for it. But, it is blended into 7 other sounds that enhance the actual sound effect "I think" that you wanted.

I think you wanted a rapid fire mini-gun sort of sound, with a lashing energy weapon, "inspired" by the one in half life. Take a look, and let me know if you like it. I won't announce the new sound effect, until you are satisfied that it is "close enough" to what you imagined. My personal impression is... that is one painfully nasty weapon - I sure as heck would not want to get hit by.

Enjoy!

http://tauempiresoundboard.com
Last edited by Isotope on Nov 25 2015 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”