TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Isotope
Shas

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#41 » Jan 22 2016 01:24

Jacket wrote:Once all the Tau unit sounds are done at some point we should make like ambient loops of battlefield noise for games as Tau. It would require making some sounds for the primitive weapons of our enemies but it could be a fun project for you to do.

Well at this point, I'm testing to see how much the website is getting used. Right now the website has serviced 1,376 unique people around the globe. However, less and less people are using the website on a regular basis.

The objective of all this hard effort is to make something useful for enhancing Tau player experience. This is also released on the heals of the Tau codex update and new models, so there should be a lot of traffic and usage. However I'm not seeing that in the recent days. Take a look at the recent statistics, you will see what I mean:

What this tells me is there is something wrong with the website, that is causing a diminishing ongoing value. I'm worried that by adding more sound effects I have inadvertently worsened the user experience. I'm not a professional web HTML5 coder.... so getting the website to load faster is out of my reach. However.... I did figure out that if it was an issue, I could do my best to get the sound effects to pass through iTunes and onto IOS devices. If successful, I would port over to Google Play (Costs me more money to activate that service).

I... just want to me sure that all this work is worth it. Is there much interest in the sound board? I don't know.... but if usage averages out and people actually still use the sound board, then yes, for sure I will continue doing more sound effects. Starting with your suggestion Jacket. I really appreciate that effort, and yes I will be using your advice to make the sound effect. You see how your last suggestions got put in and literally changed 5 complete sound effects, to all sound similar? that was SO GOOD. All Ion weapons now have a hint of influence from your HalfLife inspiration. .... Frankly... I LOVE IT. Sounds like "TAU! TAU! TAU!" weapon sound effect.

If I continue with sound effects, it will be because of enthusiasm from excellent fellow commanders, like yourself Jacket.

Cheers!
Help make our Tau SoundBoard Great!

DaceKhan
Shas

Post#42 » Jan 22 2016 03:01

Just wanted to say I love your work, I haven't had the courage to pester non-housemates with the sounds, but I plan to :P

I love them, and they add to my imagination when playing my army.
Until all are one

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#43 » Jan 22 2016 11:02

My friend loved when I fired the Stormsurges cluster rockets and played the sound at a decisive moment of gameplay. Hahah. So I'm definitely using it and plan to for the foreseeable future.

Isotope
Shas

Post#44 » Jan 24 2016 03:38

DaceKhan wrote:Just wanted to say I love your work, I haven't had the courage to pester non-housemates with the sounds, but I plan to :P

I love them, and they add to my imagination when playing my army.

Jacket wrote:My friend loved when I fired the Stormsurges cluster rockets and played the sound at a decisive moment of gameplay. Hahah. So I'm definitely using it and plan to for the foreseeable future.

Thanks guys. Hearing feedback like that really counts. Really appreciate it. ;) :roll:
Please keep spreading the word, "Tau has it's own sound board" - I hope to see more people using and enjoying the sound effects! even better still... providing feedback like you guys.

I can't thank you enough! :D
Help make our Tau SoundBoard Great!

DaceKhan
Shas

Post#45 » Jan 30 2016 03:57

Could I request a sort of 'Combined firepower' sound clip, as in a mixture of several units shooting. Maybe even start with a commander calling in the attack :D

Extra points for Commander > Markerlights > Firewarriors > Missile pods > Railguns in that order :P
Until all are one

Chris
Shas'La

Post#46 » Dec 14 2016 02:38

Hello,

Just wanted to try the soundboard. But it seems to be gone? Does anyone know what happened?

Dsurion
Shas

Post#47 » Mar 10 2017 02:36

I was also looking for the soundboard and it's down. Is the original file still around anywhere?

Ka'Buki
Shas'Saal

Post#48 » Mar 11 2017 11:14

Not Found

HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

:::(

I just saw this thread. Hopefully this can be recovered somehow.

Return to “General Discussion”