TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
SinisterSamurai
Kor'La

Re: [wip] TAU SOUND BOARD

Post#11 » Nov 03 2015 03:26

Good stuff, man. Don't feel too down about the lack of comments. It's against the rules to post a short affirmation without anything to add.

Regarding the battle music, maybe break those tracks into individual tracks/videos, to allow people to customize or switch moods on the fly, or a method of jumping to mid-video using time-stamps. I'm not sure if YT timestamps work on mobile platforms, though. There should be some more attribution for each on the youtube page itself, unless these are original compositions, in which case attribute as you see fit. WarhammerTV youtube channel has some Tau Model announces on it, and each one has a unique, "Official" Tau soundtrack. I don't think GW has an in-house sound design team, so those tracks might be available independently to a sound hunter. If it is in-house, maybe one of the designers has a soundcloud or something.

Isotope
Shas

Post#12 » Nov 04 2015 12:46

SinisterSamurai wrote:Good stuff, man. Don't feel too down about the lack of comments. It's against the rules to post a short affirmation without anything to add.

Regarding the battle music, maybe break those tracks into individual tracks/videos, to allow people to customize or switch moods on the fly, or a method of jumping to mid-video using time-stamps. I'm not sure if YT timestamps work on mobile platforms, though. There should be some more attribution for each on the youtube page itself, unless these are original compositions, in which case attribute as you see fit. WarhammerTV youtube channel has some Tau Model announces on it, and each one has a unique, "Official" Tau soundtrack. I don't think GW has an in-house sound design team, so those tracks might be available independently to a sound hunter. If it is in-house, maybe one of the designers has a soundcloud or something.

Hi SinisterSamurai,

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate someone giving me feedback. Oh, by the way, now that the sound board is starting to look and sound good, I'd like to share our ATT sound board with DakkaDakka and other related websites. Kinda like ATT marketing. Hehe... make em jealous! Anyways, it would be fun to promote this project, as it was first resurrected and perfected within the community of ATT! :biggrin: :D :D

The YouTube efforts... may aim is to make a thread for this actually. These ideas are very useful. YouTube thread (I just don't have the time yet) (The Storm Surge needed a complete sound redo - as it does not have a railgun)...
YouTube ideas:

Central Idea: Battle music length aimed at 1000pt / 1500pt & 2000pt games.

1000pt: (45min battle music)
5min: Authentic Tau Empire inspire song
8min: Setting up model music (thoughtful music that not too much action)
25min: Action music / with a mixture to keep things fresh
7min: Resolution music / victory music - Pump music to play another game

Secondary idea:
Music is in the Mech / Anime / Battle / Pacific Rim / Mechwarrior genres to maintain the "Sense" of Tau. (No rock, or Goth-Rock genres for Tau)

Third idea:
Have vocal ques to let the players know how much time is left. (Like BIG BEN clock)
Every 15 minutes a RailGun fires... or something that is recognizable and something that instantly reminds people of Tau. OH! like the sound of a flying GUN drone saying the time in TRON "YES" "NO' voice overs.

4th idea:
As you mentioned: have youtube markers that can be clicked on to get to different places in the song, instantly. Yeah... I don't think that works for Mobile.

Important:
It would be ideal if the music player did not overtake the mobile device and still allow the owner to play battle music and still access the Tau sound effects.

Anyways... that project will keep me busy for a looong time. LOL. - I made a youtube channel to take care of those efforts.
Help make our Tau SoundBoard Great!

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La

Post#13 » Nov 04 2015 01:18

Isotope wrote:The Storm Surge needed a complete sound redo - as it does not have a railgun

Oh, I kinda thought you had based it on the Kauyon fluff. I was reading it, and said, "Oh, hey. Sound cues. That's convenient, I'll mention it in that soundboard thread." Then it turned out you already had something.
"Pioneered by the finest of T’au’s Earth caste weapons scientists, the pulse driver cannon is a weapon so massive in size and power it can only be borne to battle by a dedicated artillery suit. Emitting a deep bass thrum that rises in pitch as its particle accelerator relays spool up, the cannon builds up force enough to level a building before the volley is released. Once the pent-up energies are let fly, an incandescent beam of blinding intensity stabs out with a buzzing roar. Anything in its path is obliterated in a column of superheated plasma, cast into its component atoms as if a solar flare had lashed from the heart of a sun to scour them from history in one terrifying second."

Central Idea: Battle music length aimed at 1000pt / 1500pt & 2000pt games.

1000pt: (45min battle music)
5min: Authentic Tau Empire inspire song
8min: Setting up model music (thoughtful music that not too much action)
25min: Action music / with a mixture to keep things fresh
7min: Resolution music / victory music - Pump music to play another game

Secondary idea:
Music is in the Mech / Anime / Battle / Pacific Rim / Mechwarrior genres to maintain the "Sense" of Tau. (No rock, or Goth-Rock genres for Tau)

Third idea:
Have vocal ques to let the players know how much time is left. (Like BIG BEN clock)
Every 15 minutes a RailGun fires... or something that is recognizable and something that instantly reminds people of Tau. OH! like the sound of a flying GUN drone saying the time in TRON "YES" "NO' voice overs.

All of this reminds me of Zombie 15'. They did something kinda like this, a soundtrack that intensifies as it goes, with a zombie roar every couple minutes to keep the pace.

Isotope
Shas

Re: TAU EMPIRE SOUND BOARD

Post#14 » Nov 05 2015 10:29

I have added a blog section to the website, to better link all aspects of the effort being done.
The threads for the creation of the website.
The Sound Effects Board (this one)
The explanation of how to build sound files....
The RipTide sound effects thread
The Music thread (soon to come)

http://tauempiresoundboard.blogspot.ca

Whew!
No rest for the weary!! :-? :smile:

Isotope
Shas

Post#15 » Nov 07 2015 12:50

Broadside Rail Gun has been updated. It was not as interesting as it should be. Getting into WarHammer, and my continued joy of Tau pretty well centralizes around the Broadside with its Mighty Railgun.
I wanted to have the "EAT SOME GREATER GOOD" line, with a rail gun blast.

PS: The railgun should be a lot worse that it is... in 40k. It would be really nice if a model takes a wound from a RailGun on a 6, it is merely removed from play, immediately. There is nothing left to do a silly invulnerable save.

Insanepony
Shas

Post#16 » Nov 07 2015 07:35

HI,

nice work - I'd love to use it buuut... any chance to get it for the Ubuntu touch OS?
If in danger fear or doubt run in circles cry and shout

Isotope
Shas

Post#17 » Nov 07 2015 01:29

Insanepony wrote:HI,

nice work - I'd love to use it buuut... any chance to get it for the Ubuntu touch OS?

I think it should work on Ubuntu...? :? Hmmm.... maybe try loading the website (It probably will take long to load?) if it loads.... hmmm :-? ..... the website is programmed in HTML5.... :? it should work Insanepony? I mean theoretically.

Let me know, what errors are you seeing? - I'll try to address them, if there are problems :nice:

Isotope
Shas

Post#18 » Nov 09 2015 05:17

Major revision coming to Tau Sound Board.

1. The loading time seems to be an issue for some.
2. The Amazon banner is getting annoying and it's time to toss it.
3. The page loads without correct zoom. Meaning... you got to zoom in manually.

Sigh.... so....

Will have to reprogram the page from scratch under a different HTML5 template.... This is a big project, however the website will appear much "Tighter" as far as loading time and overall user experience.
Programming..... Argh. I hate it. Thank goodness for youtube and online tutorials.

Keep an eye out my friends... should be 1 week from today, you will have a band new (literally) website that functions much much faster, and zooms into the proper size right away.
PS:... ANYONE OUT THERE GOT A SOUND BOARD EXPERIENCE TO SHARE?? has anyone used it? or shown it off? or annoyed your older sister during dinner time? please! share.

You can even make it up, I don't care. LOL. I love stories
:)

Isotope
Shas

Post#19 » Nov 10 2015 05:56

Special delivery to my comrades of Advanced Tau Tactica:

I got a special email today from a fellow member "Jacket". Who requested a copy of the Bruce Campbell sound file. Taking his request to heart, I am offering the same sound file to all my friends here:

Fire Warrior BRUCE CAMPBELL
http://tauempiresoundboard.blogspot.ca

You will find the download link there.
++Download link fixed++

ENJOY!!

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Nov 12 2015 08:28

Thank you for listening to my request. Now everyone can enjoy that amazing sound file. :D

Return to “General Discussion”