Fire Warrior- Simon Spurrier

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
GodHead
Shas

Post#19 » Aug 08 2006 06:21

It is one of the very worst Black Library novels I have had the misfortune of reading.

If you enjoy literature in any way, this book will be the equivelant of a lobotomoy.

Mr. Spurious has been stuck to the confines of an incredibly linear (and awful) game, and I do believe he isn't much of a writer to begin with.

The characterizations are overly simplistic and awful, while even when describing action, the book seems boring and stuffy.

The only worse BL book I have read was the Inquisition War, and that one is only bad because it was written years ago by someone who had no idea what he was doing (great author, poor integration of existing background).
Rules Lawyer.

Lord Stark
Shas

Post#20 » Aug 08 2006 07:26

I tend to stay away from books about games, because they typically are not written well. Actually, I have never read a really good book that was remotely related to a video game, tabletop game, or even a movie. (Obviously this is only for movie-based books, not book-based movies).
I sometimes read them just to hear new fluff or get cool scenario ideas, but I rarely remember the book itself

A.K.A. Shockwave
Shas

Post#21 » Aug 09 2006 01:31

Ryzouken wrote:(friend went through the entire game wielding only the honor blade. Idiot.)

Actually, in the first parts of the game, it's the quickest way of killing the guardsmen.

IMO both the game and book were very poor, and i'm quite upset that i brought them. You want to read a book about Tau, read Kill team, not a great book, but loads better then those.
W: Enough
D: A few
L: Too many

Rune[DK]
Shas

Post#22 » Aug 09 2006 02:58

spitfire wrote:I remeber looking for the book last summer. I went through every bookstore in chicago and couldnt find it, said it was out of print. I looked on amazon, and theyre selling it for ripoff prices. Why cant they just print it again? Even the black library site doesnt have it! :(

If you pay for the transport you can have mine... iwe already read it and i have the filosophy books arent sold they are given....
Football isnt a contact sport! its a collisionsport!!

faol
Shas

Post#23 » Aug 09 2006 06:52

Rune[DK] wrote:
spitfire wrote:I remeber looking for the book last summer. I went through every bookstore in chicago and couldnt find it, said it was out of print. I looked on amazon, and theyre selling it for ripoff prices. Why cant they just print it again? Even the black library site doesnt have it! :(

If you pay for the transport you can have mine... iwe already read it and I have the filosophy books arent sold they are given....

I say the samething about books that are given to me :)
Burst Cannons Take Aim!

Rune[DK]
Shas

Post#24 » Aug 09 2006 07:10

faol wrote:
Rune[DK] wrote:

If you pay for the transport you can have mine... iwe already read it and I have the filosophy books arent sold they are given....

I say the samething about books that are given to me :)

hehehe... i buy loads of books... but i don't sell or loan to others... if iwe read it and don't plan on reading it again i give it away...
Football isnt a contact sport! its a collisionsport!!

GothKid
Shas

Post#25 » Aug 11 2006 11:38

I thought FireWarrior was a really good action book. I really enjoyed it, and it was much better than the game. The final boss of the game sucked - it was far too easy. Ending in the book is much better.

I started loving Tau through that book [looks into nothing and goes misty eyed].
You used CPR for a bullet wound in the head?!

jamjar91
Shas

fire warrior

Post#26 » Sep 13 2006 10:46

I read the book and loved it - I have read it I don't know how many times and for some wierd reason own two copies. :smile: :neutral:

Return to “General Discussion”