Advanced Tau Tactica, 10yrs Old Today - Happy Birthday!

A collection of the best Community hobby posts. Promoted content only.
T113
Kroot'Ui
Kroot'Ui

Re: Advanced Tau Tactica, 10yrs Old Today - Happy Birthday!

Post#11 » Jan 26 2016 12:32

Wow 10 years. Great going guys, this lasted longer than my myspace profile lol.

Here's to 10 more years. Everybody on with me Haaaaaappy birthday to you.
The Future is uncertain. To stagnate is to die!

Angus Khan
Por'La
Por'La

Post#12 » Jan 26 2016 12:46

Thanks to all the admins and mods for all your hard work, and congrats on the 10 years! Thank you for making ATT a fun, informative, and friendly place! Here's to many more years! :D

Commander Skyfall
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#13 » Jan 26 2016 01:30

Happy Birthday and thanks for a great 10 years of supporting the Greater Good.

Here's to many more years to come, cheers!

shasocastris
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#14 » Jan 26 2016 06:13

This... is a satisfying milestone to reach. As one who signed up in 2006, I can say that this site has risen my ability with Tau well above what I would have otherwise been capable. The thorough discussions, the clever ideas, and the camaraderie here is stupendous. No other site has something like it.

So here's to ten years of ATT and here's to many, many more.

Cheers!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#15 » Jan 26 2016 06:40

Indeed sir! Thank you for all that you and the mods have enriched ATT in your projects and musings. There are so many members present and past who have added great content and ideas.

There is so much I could not recall on the spot (video) while discussing origins, the now and future of ATT. Things like the ARC Cadres concept, Timelines, Book Reviews, Theorycraft articles, Concept Artwork, the ATT CIty meets, Collective writing series, background collecting. We also had the first Super Walker designed and built live on this forum - long before Forgeworld thought of anything else.

To name a few members is to forget a dozen more whom need be mentioned (thank heaven for ranks based on community feedback!). We all know the articles in Resources, Library and the Academy - the gob smacking paint work of new and old modellers.

Today is about ATT as a whole, the community and venerable forum (Orbital), and all who inhabit her concourses.

Of course, my dinner had to be..

boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#16 » Jan 26 2016 07:02

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

And I must say, that upcoming visual update (if its what that is) looks stunning. you guys are awesome.

Deepstrike
Shas

Post#17 » Jan 26 2016 09:17

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL!!!

Looking forward to many more

Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O

Post#18 » Jan 26 2016 09:33

Dammit, I knew I should have had sushi today!

Congrats to ATT -- and thank you to the community, who without we would not exist.

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#19 » Jan 26 2016 09:48

Great presentation Tael, I am one who can trace their inspiration and love of Tau back to the first GW catalogue featuring the race. I was in love with the XV-88 Broadside suit and couldn't get enough of the Hammerhead's lines. Although I took a few breaks from my Tau and hobby, I was drawn back by the spectacular array of custom Crisis suits, gorgeous paint work and professional attitude of the veteran and new members here.

I am still elated to be part of this, despite the hard knocks and odd errant remark. I look forward to the new site and seeing all the ranks contribute so well to tactics, hobby, fiction and other creative efforts that surpass my expectations of what a forum is.

Happy Birthday ATT, and cheers to our Founders!

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#20 » Jan 27 2016 02:40

Happy belated birthday ATT! Magical 10 years... We are really going to have to step up our game on the annual Challenge this year. Good stuff Tael and congratulations and my thanks to the teams and members that made the success of this place of enlightenment possible. For The Greater Good!
Last edited by Blueshock on Jan 27 2016 06:11, edited 1 time in total.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#21 » Jan 27 2016 05:47

An entire decade already? It feels like only yesterday that I was making my first posts outside the member profiles sub-forum as a nervous new 'saal.

While 10 whole years is a very long time and a proud achievement for any establishment, on the other hand 2006 still feels really recent to me. Especially considering that I signed up towards the end of 2009. So considering that I've been a member for the slight majority of that decade, I'm actually pretty seasoned as far as members go - which feels strange to me because even today, some time after having been awarded the coveted 'Ui ranking, I still feel like the fresh faced new guy sometimes.

ATT was the very first forum I ever joined (and indeed was the first social website I ever joined), followed shortly by the late great Port Maw, and to this day it remains my favourite (with Asrai.org being a close second. Port Maw would be too were it not for that site's tragic destruction). As sad and pathetic as it might sound, the people on here are something more than an Internet community - for the duration of my stay on here you guys/girls have been my friends, even when I didn't have many in real life (which happened disturbingly often, I wasn't the most popular person in high school... or university...), and in a way even a kind of family. Knowing that this place is here acting as a hotbed of creativity and friendly discussion about all things Tau, and a few others besides, is nice to know, and knowing that some comment I posted helped someone or that some piece of content I wrote inspired or amazed or even just entertained someone else can be very comforting after a bad day (especially when they make it known that it did by posting a comment in one of those content threads, like my Battlefleet Gothic log or Into Silence: Rosa Vitae, hint hint nudge nudge).

But ATT has also helped me in another way. Being the first experience I had with social activity on the Internet, ATT was a major influence in shaping my etiquette and conduct on the Internet. So whenever I post on other forums, I tend to do so following ATT standards as closely as possible, which means I generally make sure I always write with as much quality and structure as I can on the Internet - even on facebook! I feel like ATT has made me much more civil and polite in my Internet escapades, and for that I'm actually pretty grateful.

A lot of history has taken place on ATT in these 10 years. Much of it, like discussing and planning moves in the Medusa V campaign (including the invention of The Hammer if I'm not mistaken, although that might have come from somewhere else. ATT was definitely the first place I heard about it though), the creation of the first Academy articles, the creation of the ATT unit designations catalogue, the great war against spam and the aforementioned poor poor space molemen (by the Aun, what have we done in mentioning them!? Has everyone else forgotten that once mentioned, they are destined to completely consume the thread and eclipse its original topic?) all took place before I joined, and still leave me very humbled - even now I sometimes wonder if my Battlefleet Gothic background and project thread or the Into Silence project will ever reach the same immortal glory as Cerberus Unbound or Wolf16's ARC background (both of which are major influences on my own background writing). On the other hand there has been a whole slew of big things that I've either witnessed or been an active part of, especially given my experience as a hardened veteran of all 3 April Fool's battles that have happened so far. What's more, there's still almost certainly many more 'ATT classics' still to come in the future - I know I for one have some very big plans afoot....

Happy 10th birthday ATT, from me and all the fine souls aboard Kor'vattra fleet K-42.

(I would speak for the rest of the ATT Battlefleet Gothic underground as well, but I get the feeling they'll probably be making their own statements on here.)
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#22 » Jan 27 2016 02:32

Happy Birthday ATT, congratulations founders, and thank you for providing one of the best sites for Warhammer 40k and Tau on the net.

I hope you are proud of your achievements, you've set standards and managed to surpass them. The community that has built up here on ATT is fantastic and focused, a reflection of the guidelines and vision you set out.

I am glad to be a part of this community, to share my love of modelling with like minded people, and be inspired by what other members have created.

So here's to another 10 years of Tau greatness!

Warhound
Shas

Post#23 » Jan 27 2016 04:51

Im still here in my earthcaste bunker... Wish they would let me out... Blessed Ethereals! :? Lol

Still love you all... Still building and all inspired by this site.

Appreciation to Tael and all admin crew.

Ps.. I might actually get around to doing another blog this year as homage to the next ten years!;-)

Warhound
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

Fraggle
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#24 » Jan 27 2016 05:11

So... Any shrimp tails left?
Happy birthday to us!

davidmournestar
Shas

Post#25 » Jan 27 2016 08:54

Hardly seems like 10 years. But 10 years on the front will do that to you. Happy Birthday ATT thank you everyone for all your contributions and hard work.
Meliora Cogito!

cross.mountain
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#26 » Jan 28 2016 05:20

10 years ATT! Wow, that's quite a long time, especially for a hobby site in the internet. For me finding ATT site was absolutely fantastic as happens to be also my start of 40k. Starting with the tau which was from the game play quite different to the armies my friends were (and still are) playing was definitely a difficult road. But hey... there was this particular forum where people were actually trying to develop something, were discussing strategies, showing great modelled and painted miniatures. And in a friendly and grown up way... without yelling at each other trading insults. Finding people that were interested in trading knowledge and supporting each other with constructive feedback was and still is a precious thing. So kudos to all, you made this a great place.

Even so I was more busy on the other side of the galaxy, travelling with the Emperor's first on that stony asteroid called The Rock (Thanks El'mo for your inspirational and fantastic miniatures!) ATT remained one of my favourite 40k sites. Haven't played a game with tau for more than three years I now am absolutely exited with the new codex and new suites. Can't wait to start but still have a painting queue to be done.

Well, a big Thank you! to the owners and mods and all the senior staff of site to keep ATT what it is and to ensure the great quality of this forum!

Norren
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#27 » Jan 28 2016 05:24

Grats ATT on ding!

Kudos to the staff for keeping the site current and live for so long!

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#28 » Jan 28 2016 06:39

Yes, Happy Birthday ATT! To think that this is pretty much the first and last site I look at everyday, and many times in between. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this wonderful community!

Czar Ziggy

Return to “Resource Articles”