Advanced Tau Tactica, 10yrs Old Today - Happy Birthday!

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Shas'O T'Ar'Cha
Shas

Re: Advanced Tau Tactica, 10yrs Old Today - Happy Birthday!

Post#31 » Mar 17 2016 09:24

Congratulations on achieving this amazing milestone! Not many sites get to boast ten years of existence, its a truly remarkable feat and you've done it without ever really faltering.

I remember first joining, think the site had only been around for a couple of years I was blown away by the commitment to detail and thoughtful posts and shear amount of information. This place opened my mind to tactics and conversions I'd never have thought about, it really got my creative juices flowing.

I may have gone a little quiet over the last couple of years but like Tael said in the video, other avenues of communication opened up but I've always had a fond space in my heart for ATT and even now still reference it and recommend this place to new people.

[Takes a shrimp tail from a nearby platter and passes said platter around] Here's to another ten years of ATT!

n1md4
Shas'La

Post#32 » May 02 2016 11:14

So, what's the latest on the new forum? :)

Tael
Fio'O

Post#33 » May 03 2016 01:15

Hi N1md4,

Fair question, best answer I can give is LifeTM.

I've been trying to wrap the last graphics and then align times to do the cross over. Suffice to say it will happen, I've had a spectacularly busy two months of late.

My goal is to have it transferred in May and set up - bit of seize the day, so do not to be too surprised waking up to a maintenance clock or brand new interface the next day. :D

Thanks for your patience though gang :)

- Tael.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#34 » Jul 29 2016 10:46

Hi All,

I am pleased to announce a video of the new Forum. Pshar Rifles will be doing the backend tech stuff to reset and launch, but for all intents and purposes, its good to go :)

Due to new PhP and just how outdated some mods were for the current ATT, we have adopted a new longitudinal format and the ability to minimise the content you don't want to browse. You also get a lot more options in following and sharing content with other social media platforms.

It is a silent run through, but over a couple of minutes you can check me browsing the forum:

The New Forum on Youtube

Thanks for your patience, it has taken much longer than promised. But here we go :D

- Tael.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#35 » Jul 29 2016 11:18

Wow, that's quite the change. There are things I really like but I feel like it has lost some of the charm this old site holds.

Is that a final version, or is it a bit of a WIP still?

Edit:
I backtracked through the rest of the thread. Is no one else going to mention that Tael is not nearly as old and grey as I had imagined? :P

On a more serious note, I do really like the vast majority of what's happening, but I really like our monochromatic scheme so the colorful buttons don't sit well with me (minor annoyance, if they're not changing I'll become accustomed). The major thing I noticed is that the ranks and castes aren't laid out the same. Is it possible in the new layout to adjust that? I really like seeing a real Tau rank near users, it really ties together the "Tau Orbital" motif. I saw that it still shows caste beneath the user, so maybe rank could be displayed there?

Also, happy belated birthday ATT. I have definitely made closer Internet friends here than anywhere else, and there is one member in particular I would go so far as to call battle brother, because we've bonded so closely these past few years. I think he knows who he is.

I will echo what others have said: This site changed not just my hobby, but my Internet conduct in general. I'm honored to be part of this glistening gem of a website.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#36 » Jul 30 2016 09:54

I think I like the current design better. It's a lot easier to see where something new is posted than it seems to be in with the new design based on the video.

themoogle
Shas

Post#37 » Jul 30 2016 11:48

I actually love the design of the new one but as mentioned, it kinda lacks a simple view of the newest posts.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#38 » Jul 30 2016 07:19

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate that. And no, not set in stone; just a complete build.

Shall look into aligning changes to suit.

Also, the multi coloured icons are an inbuilt code thing; I'm still trying to ATT-ify them ;)

boomwolf
Shas'La

Post#39 » Jul 31 2016 04:31

Sorry to be the broken record here, but the new look really is great, except the fact the "newest posts" is not quite as available.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#40 » Jul 31 2016 07:41

I can reset the landing page to be the new posts section - which comes as the second page in the video. I've already increased the number of 'Recent' posts to 10. Shall upload a video of changes (including rank icons) this week.

Return to “General Discussion”