Tau-ified Assassins?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
O'Sho'Ko'Is
Shas

Tau-ified Assassins?

Post#1 » Jun 21 2016 08:56

After being inspired by the beautiful Tau Spectre made by Proiteus, it got me thinking how we could represent the other Assassins in a Tau army. So far, I've been working on my version of the Eversor, in this case being the Kroot Aberrant, a hyper-lethal Kroot Shaper that has eaten stuff it shouldn't, and has been exiled to undertake suicide missions so as to make use of what it has become without risk of 'contamination' to the other Kindred. Parts-wise, I've used an Abhorrant Ghoul King model, with a Kroot head/hand/converted pistol, and repositioned the talons on the other to make it resemble a Kroots, to count as the neuro-gauntlet. For the 'bio-meltdown', I've used many of the Kroot grenade-ball-things, rationalising them as rigged to trigger once he dies, to ensure its taint spreads no further. I'll post some pictures soon.

As for the other Assassins, I don't have much, and obviously want to avoid "just use gue'vesa'. The Vindicare would seem to suit being a Tau operative, other than the insanely high WS and I, other than maybe being a prototype suit programmed for drone-controlled firing in close quarters.
As for the Calidus, maybe some sort of chameleonic Kroot, assisted by a prototype variant of the MV5 Stealth Drone? No real idea for this one.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Panzer
Shas'La

Re: Tau-ified Assassins?

Post#2 » Jun 21 2016 09:38

A small suggestion: don't make your Eversor-Kroot a shaper. It doesn't really fit well that he ate stuff he shouldn't since it's their job to pick only good things for their tribe to eat. So if anybody knows what's good and what's bad for them then it's a shaper. ;)

O'Sho'Ko'Is
Shas

Post#3 » Jun 21 2016 09:57

True, forgot about that part. Maybe it'll be one that ignored the edicts of their Shaper, and consumed forbidden flesh, resulting in the Aberrant, and earning the exile.

T113
Kroot'Ui

Post#4 » Jun 21 2016 03:43

Another reason could be a kroot was taken prisoner by some dark Eldar and then the kroot and the other prisoners revolted. They all crashed on a planet in tau space and the kroot grass on the Eldar to survive and took on the dark Eldar's tortuous personality traits. One thing I love about the kroot is how the mental changes they go through when they consume stuff.

As for the other assassins I came up with an alien race called 'Feh'rin' (they feature in my 'into silence') story and they're basically an anti psyker race that have Cthulhu esque head and the rest is hidden under robes. For the callidus I always thought a hard light hologram could be a cool idea and I've always fancied a primitive style alien with a fancy bow and arrow would be interesting for the vindicar
The Future is uncertain. To stagnate is to die!

Neverlight
Shas

Post#5 » Jun 22 2016 06:28

Here is the Calidus Assassin conversion I have been working on:

Torvick
Shas

Post#6 » Aug 13 2016 03:04

here my vindicare ;)

i used:
fire warrior
xv8 head front
panthfinder ion rifle
binoculars from vehicle pilot
and some bits from suits and imperium

[url=https://postimg.org/image/ksbq631rt/]Image

Drizzt
Kroot'La

Post#7 » Dec 16 2016 03:24

well, after few very nice figures from Wargame Exclusive I'm waiting 'till she arrives

Overheal
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Dec 16 2016 09:08

"Taking allies? Blasphemy. Pure Tau for the Greater Good."

/sees Spectre Model

"Well Culexus Assassin it is."

Return to “General Discussion”