New Barracuda is HERE!

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
pilky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: New Barracuda is HERE!

Post#61 » Jul 25 2016 02:39

boomwolf wrote:Instructions and sells description=/=rules.

The rules list them as auto-targeting cyclic ion blasters, the rules have a rule for auto-targeting, and there is nothing about "long barreled" cyclic ion blasters in the rules.

It matters not what it says ELSEWHERE, as long the rules are consistant, there is no reason to believe there is an issue.

Sure, the point is more that this isn't just a typo, and so they may change to be long barrelled in the rules at some point in the future. There are currently no rules for a long-barrelled CIBs, so maybe for the PDF release they opted just to use existing CIBs, and will add the new variant when the IA book comes out

mothyy
Shas'Saal

Post#62 » Jul 28 2016 07:12

Just before I buy one, will the auto-targeting weapons be BS4 or BS2? Not sure if they count as drone weapons or not. Cheers

Illuria
Shas'Saal

Post#63 » Jul 28 2016 07:46

mothyy wrote:Just before I buy one, will the auto-targeting weapons be BS4 or BS2? Not sure if they count as drone weapons or not. Cheers

If you check the PDF, the auto-targeting weapons will be BS4 as the only mention of 'drones' is in the fluffy description on the Forgeworld page. Given the points cost as well I definitely think they should be BS4, as BS2 would neutralise a lot of the firepower.

mothyy
Shas'Saal

Post#64 » Jul 28 2016 08:00

That was my thoughts too, cheers.

invasive wargaming
Shas'Saal

Post#65 » Jul 29 2016 09:45

I think the Ion build is probably the best all-around build, but since that role can be filled by other units, the rail build is probably where the new AX-5-2 shines brightest. More thoughts here: https://youtu.be/zirV03mcwWk
Find me on youtube: Invasive Wargaming

mothyy
Shas'Saal

Post#66 » Jul 29 2016 02:02

Seems a pretty expensive way to get strength 10 shots no? It would be 195 points for a single shot (before ion upgrades), which you can't give tank hunter or anything.

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#67 » Jul 29 2016 03:02

mothyy wrote:Seems a pretty expensive way to get strength 10 shots no? It would be 195 points for a single shot (before ion upgrades), which you can't give tank hunter or anything.

You can't give it tank hunter, but you can aim at side or rear armor. Secondary guns are a lot more useful than a Hammerhead's secondaries.

invasive wargaming
Shas'Saal

Post#68 » Aug 06 2016 11:52

Unicornsilovethem wrote:
mothyy wrote:Seems a pretty expensive way to get strength 10 shots no? It would be 195 points for a single shot (before ion upgrades), which you can't give tank hunter or anything.

You can't give it tank hunter, but you can aim at side or rear armor. Secondary guns are a lot more useful than a Hammerhead's secondaries.

Additionally, it's much more difficult to kill. I think that's where the value really comes into play.
Find me on youtube: Invasive Wargaming

halogod786
Shas'Saal

Post#69 » Aug 06 2016 02:45

I have ran the barracudas 3 times now the CIB/SSRG is very potent weapon. So far I have played against

Battle Compony S7 just shreds them. Kill the transports and you kill the army

Knights. If your hitting side armor with at least one barracuda. You can take it down in 1 shooting phase. The rail gun helps this tremendously. 6 shots hitting on 2+ S7 vs AV12 ya it's dead

Eldar get crushed too I take the seeker missiles as much as possible for against wraith Knights. His army was a flyer spam of Crimson hunters and 2 storm talons and a Raven. The 2 barracudas knocked all of them out of the sky

It's arguably one of the best flyers in the game

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#70 » Nov 22 2016 12:59

If I recall correctly we had a discussion here (or the other Barracuda thread) about the amount of weapons you can shoot and Seeker Missiles&Markerlights etc.

The final version of the FAQ is out and there it's noted that Flyer can fire any amount of weapon they want/have, just everything more than the 4 would be snapshots. So no hardcap on 4 weapons on flyer. Thought that might be interesting for some. :D

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#71 » Nov 25 2016 07:52

That just makes this thing more beautiful since if you really need to snap fire shoot your missiles and then use ML's with them you can for one mega barrage.

Return to “General Discussion”