XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
User avatar
Vector Strike
Shas'La
Posts: 940

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#41 » Aug 04 2016 05:55

halogod786 wrote:Actually you can have a allied detachment because on the allies Chart in the FSE book it states that tau empire are battle brothers. But like I said it really doesn't matter no one brings it up in ITC tournaments also because of ITCs detachment rules you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as you are not come the apocalypse with someone. But what I'm saying there is no point in trying to fight about detachments.


Dude, you may have the old book and/or didn't read the new core rulebook about factions.
Also, it's not fighting - it's playing by the rules. Using a CAD Tau and an AD FSE (or vice-versa) is cheating.

jeffersonian000
Shas
Posts: 36

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#42 » Aug 04 2016 07:52

There is a difference between an allied detachment and an Allied Detachment. An "allied detachment" is a figure of speach denoting an additional detachment in the same army as the first, while "Allied Detachment" is an actual type of detachment with it's own specific rules and restrictions. Bad on GW for not using precise language or unique terms.

SJ

halogod786
Shas'Saal
Posts: 41

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#43 » Aug 04 2016 09:30

jeffersonian000 wrote:There is a difference between an allied detachment and an Allied Detachment. An "allied detachment" is a figure of speach denoting an additional detachment in the same army as the first, while "Allied Detachment" is an actual type of detachment with it's own specific rules and restrictions. Bad on GW for not using precise language or unique terms.

SJ



Thank you this is what I meant in the first place

User avatar
invasive wargaming
Shas'Saal
Posts: 9
Contact:

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#44 » Aug 06 2016 11:51

I'm happy to say that Forgeworld units can be taken by FSE, if that's the consensus. I'm a reasonable commander, after all :D
Find me on youtube: Invasive Wargaming

User avatar
chmcclellan
Shas
Posts: 36

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#45 » Aug 06 2016 03:25

Since Forgeworld doesn't list Bonding Knife Ritual as an option, it need not be taken even in an FSE detachment?

Glad to hear of people's good results with the Y'vahra. I'm new to Tau and working toward a suit based list. One I've been kicking around:

FSE Cad

HQ:
Commander, Iridium, DC, CCN, 2x Marker Drones

Troops:
2x Crisis Suits, 2x Flamers, 4x Marker drones, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

FA:
Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Riptide Wing:
Riptide, Burst, SMS, SI, EWO
Riptide, Burst, SMS, SI, EWO
Riptide, Ion, SMS, SI, EWO

1850 pts
- Christian

Spectralblade
Shas
Posts: 19

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#46 » Aug 06 2016 03:50

FSE rules are 'everything that can take BKR must take it'. Since the R'varna and Y'vahra don't have it as an option (unless FW erratas it in for some reason), they don't have to take it even if included in a FSE detachment.

halogod786
Shas'Saal
Posts: 41

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#47 » Aug 07 2016 12:53

chmcclellan wrote:Since Forgeworld doesn't list Bonding Knife Ritual as an option, it need not be taken even in an FSE detachment?

Glad to hear of people's good results with the Y'vahra. I'm new to Tau and working toward a suit based list. One I've been kicking around:

FSE Cad

HQ:
Commander, Iridium, DC, CCN, 2x Marker Drones

Troops:
2x Crisis Suits, 2x Flamers, 4x Marker drones, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

FA:
Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Riptide Wing:
Riptide, Burst, SMS, SI, EWO
Riptide, Burst, SMS, SI, EWO
Riptide, Ion, SMS, SI, EWO

1850 pts


This list is very similar to a tournament list I use. 3 flametides are actually really good. However this list is a alpha list. Meaning it's very well known in certain areas. Like California for instance I use this list and it's been posted on nearly every well known wargaming commnity out there it has a bad reputation. For causing massive amounts of tau hate. But it wins and that's all you need

By the way drop the AFP it does not have a lot of use. Bring a fusion blaster instead and get more marker drones.

fraction64
Shas'Saal
Posts: 170

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#48 » Aug 07 2016 05:23

I will ask is this a tournament list or a general list you play at the club/with friends?
If it's the latter then I'd say the hate is justified. One yvarna is more than enough for a regular game.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it get nerfed like it's brother when the next IA comes out.

User avatar
chmcclellan
Shas
Posts: 36

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#49 » Aug 07 2016 06:10

Generally I only get to play in tournaments, but it could certainty be toned down.

halogod786 wrote:By the way drop the AFP it does not have a lot of use. Bring a fusion blaster instead and get more marker drones.


Yeah, with FA slots full of 109s, how would you add more marker drones?
- Christian

User avatar
Macknight
Shas'La
Posts: 298

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#50 » Aug 07 2016 07:36

chmcclellan wrote:Generally I only get to play in tournaments, but it could certainty be toned down.

halogod786 wrote:By the way drop the AFP it does not have a lot of use. Bring a fusion blaster instead and get more marker drones.


Yeah, with FA slots full of 109s, how would you add more marker drones?


You take the xv109's in a CAD, then the drones in the drone net aux formation.
For the greater good!

halogod786
Shas'Saal
Posts: 41

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#51 » Aug 08 2016 12:28

chmcclellan wrote:Generally I only get to play in tournaments, but it could certainty be toned down.

halogod786 wrote:By the way drop the AFP it does not have a lot of use. Bring a fusion blaster instead and get more marker drones.


Yeah, with FA slots full of 109s, how would you add more marker drones?



Use heavy gun drones. They have a markerlight and a burst cannon providing defense for you commander and being able to have markers as well

You can proxy heavy gun drones

Bolter&Rail
Shas'Saal
Posts: 62

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#52 » Sep 22 2016 07:25

I was watching a battlereport and saw it played that when the XV109 does its Vectored Thrust Array it gains the skyfire ability and the opponent would be forced to shoot at it as if it was a swooping MC. Is this the correct way to play it? I didn't realize that but guess it makes sense...

Makes it even more deadly when you bound up onto your opponent turn 1 :eek:

User avatar
Macknight
Shas'La
Posts: 298

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#53 » Sep 22 2016 07:37

Bolter&Rail wrote:I was watching a battlereport and saw it played that when the XV109 does its Vectored Thrust Array it gains the skyfire ability and the opponent would be forced to shoot at it as if it was a swooping MC. Is this the correct way to play it? I didn't realize that but guess it makes sense...

Makes it even more deadly when you bound up onto your opponent turn 1 :eek:


They played it wrong then, it only moves as if was a FMC during the movement phase.
For the greater good!

Bolter&Rail
Shas'Saal
Posts: 62

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#54 » Sep 22 2016 08:03

Thanks. It does specifically say just for the phase (movement phase), but the nova profile just adds to the confusion by saying when the model is Swooping. Regardless it would be too mean. They should have just said the XV109 can move up to 24inches every other turn. Isn't that the only benefit you are getting? No reason to call it a FMC or anything...

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'La
Posts: 2660

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#55 » Sep 23 2016 06:27

Bolter&Rail wrote:Thanks. It does specifically say just for the phase (movement phase), but the nova profile just adds to the confusion by saying when the model is Swooping. Regardless it would be too mean. They should have just said the XV109 can move up to 24inches every other turn. Isn't that the only benefit you are getting? No reason to call it a FMC or anything...

The nova reactor stuff is partly outdated. Just ignore the parts that make no sense with the current rules. ;)

Grogalmighty
Shas'Saal
Posts: 44

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#56 » Sep 23 2016 01:45

As we speak the next forgeworld book is being made and it covers Tau and mechanicum. In this book we will get new rules for the XV-9, XV-109, and XV-107. Don't worry about it for now.

User avatar
Quartz
Shas
Posts: 40
Contact:

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#57 » Sep 23 2016 06:48

Ooh I can't wait! Do we know a release date yet?
We gave them a chance at the greater good, now they die

Jacket
Shas'Saal
Posts: 354

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#58 » Sep 24 2016 05:35

Fires of Cyraxus might be shown off on the European FW open day and released soon after. This is just my speculation of course since it was said to release late this year. I hope the 107 and XV9's gets a buff and the 109 stays the same or possibly gets another buff.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests