XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Vector Strike
Shas'La

Re: XV-109 Y'vharra battlesuit strategys

Post#41 » Aug 04 2016 05:55

halogod786 wrote:Actually you can have a allied detachment because on the allies Chart in the FSE book it states that tau empire are battle brothers. But like I said it really doesn't matter no one brings it up in ITC tournaments also because of ITCs detachment rules you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as you are not come the apocalypse with someone. But what I'm saying there is no point in trying to fight about detachments.

Dude, you may have the old book and/or didn't read the new core rulebook about factions.
Also, it's not fighting - it's playing by the rules. Using a CAD Tau and an AD FSE (or vice-versa) is cheating.

jeffersonian000
Shas

Post#42 » Aug 04 2016 07:52

There is a difference between an allied detachment and an Allied Detachment. An "allied detachment" is a figure of speach denoting an additional detachment in the same army as the first, while "Allied Detachment" is an actual type of detachment with it's own specific rules and restrictions. Bad on GW for not using precise language or unique terms.

SJ

halogod786
Shas'Saal

Post#43 » Aug 04 2016 09:30

jeffersonian000 wrote:There is a difference between an allied detachment and an Allied Detachment. An "allied detachment" is a figure of speach denoting an additional detachment in the same army as the first, while "Allied Detachment" is an actual type of detachment with it's own specific rules and restrictions. Bad on GW for not using precise language or unique terms.

SJ

Thank you this is what I meant in the first place

invasive wargaming
Shas'Saal

Post#44 » Aug 06 2016 11:51

I'm happy to say that Forgeworld units can be taken by FSE, if that's the consensus. I'm a reasonable commander, after all :D
Find me on youtube: Invasive Wargaming

chmcclellan
Shas

Post#45 » Aug 06 2016 03:25

Since Forgeworld doesn't list Bonding Knife Ritual as an option, it need not be taken even in an FSE detachment?

Glad to hear of people's good results with the Y'vahra. I'm new to Tau and working toward a suit based list. One I've been kicking around:

FSE Cad

HQ:
Commander, Iridium, DC, CCN, 2x Marker Drones

Troops:
2x Crisis Suits, 2x Flamers, 4x Marker drones, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

FA:
Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Riptide Wing:
Riptide, Burst, SMS, SI, EWO
Riptide, Ion, SMS, SI, EWO

1850 pts
- Christian

Spectralblade
Shas

Post#46 » Aug 06 2016 03:50

FSE rules are 'everything that can take BKR must take it'. Since the R'varna and Y'vahra don't have it as an option (unless FW erratas it in for some reason), they don't have to take it even if included in a FSE detachment.

halogod786
Shas'Saal

Post#47 » Aug 07 2016 12:53

chmcclellan wrote:Since Forgeworld doesn't list Bonding Knife Ritual as an option, it need not be taken even in an FSE detachment?

Glad to hear of people's good results with the Y'vahra. I'm new to Tau and working toward a suit based list. One I've been kicking around:

FSE Cad

HQ:
Commander, Iridium, DC, CCN, 2x Marker Drones

Troops:
2x Crisis Suits, 2x Flamers, 4x Marker drones, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

Crisis suit, AFP, BKR

FA:
Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Y'vahra, SI, EWO

Riptide Wing:
Riptide, Ion, SMS, SI, EWO

1850 pts

This list is very similar to a tournament list I use. 3 flametides are actually really good. However this list is a alpha list. Meaning it's very well known in certain areas. Like California for instance I use this list and it's been posted on nearly every well known wargaming commnity out there it has a bad reputation. For causing massive amounts of tau hate. But it wins and that's all you need

By the way drop the AFP it does not have a lot of use. Bring a fusion blaster instead and get more marker drones.

fraction64
Shas'Saal

Post#48 » Aug 07 2016 05:23

I will ask is this a tournament list or a general list you play at the club/with friends?
If it's the latter then I'd say the hate is justified. One yvarna is more than enough for a regular game.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it get nerfed like it's brother when the next IA comes out.

chmcclellan
Shas

Post#49 » Aug 07 2016 06:10

Generally I only get to play in tournaments, but it could certainty be toned down.

halogod786 wrote:By the way drop the AFP it does not have a lot of use. Bring a fusion blaster instead and get more marker drones.

Yeah, with FA slots full of 109s, how would you add more marker drones?
- Christian

Macknight
Shas'La

Post#50 » Aug 07 2016 07:36

chmcclellan wrote:Generally I only get to play in tournaments, but it could certainty be toned down.

halogod786 wrote:By the way drop the AFP it does not have a lot of use. Bring a fusion blaster instead and get more marker drones.

Yeah, with FA slots full of 109s, how would you add more marker drones?

You take the xv109's in a CAD, then the drones in the drone net aux formation.
For the greater good!

Return to “General Discussion”