New Tigershark?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
aracerssx
Shas'Saal

New Tigershark?

Post#1 » Oct 04 2016 11:37

did anyone noticed both tigershark flyers are missing from FW???

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Re: TigerShark - Missing

Post#2 » Oct 04 2016 12:01

It would appear that they have been removed. Not really surprising given the age of the model. They did something similar with the Barracuda as well before releasing the new AX-5-2.
It could be that they plan to replace the Tiger Shark, or that they are simply retiring old moulds.

Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Post#3 » Oct 04 2016 12:45

Agentarrow wrote:It would appear that they have been removed. Not really surprising given the age of the model. They did something similar with the Barracuda as well before releasing the new AX-5-2.
It could be that they plan to replace the Tiger Shark, or that they are simply retiring old moulds.

I am hoping it is to rework the model, especially since it was included in the Death From the Skies update. The Tigershark did seem to be a lot more popular than the Orca, so I believe there is at least a decent chance that it will return. I'm sure their molds for it had to be getting to the end of life.

That being said, with how much of a Tau line they currently have, I would not be surprised (although saddened) to see the Tigershark permanently retired.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#4 » Oct 04 2016 04:10

Well there goes one more item on the list of Forgeworld things I want to own. It also means there's only one superheavy Forgeworld model left in production that I'd want to buy. I suppose this means I can save some more money for other things at least.

Going over the Tau section it also looks like they might have restored the Heavy Gun Drone burst cannons to their original look, which is a plus for me (I always loved those massive elongated aircraft burst cannons).

It might just be a stocking error, or maybe they'll make a brief comeback like some of the other discontinued models did, but I'm not holding my breath. I imagine there'll probably be a newer version at some point, but given how much I don't like the new Barracuda model I don't think I want to see the Tigershark come back as a new model.

I'm sorry everyone. I try hard to stay positive on here, I really do, but all these discontinuations of my favourite models makes it harder and harder for me.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#5 » Oct 04 2016 07:55

Starting to feel old yet? Darn kids will never know the models that got you into the hobby.
Seriously though, look out for people selling used Barracudas. Get one well cared for and you won't regret it.

aracerssx
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Oct 04 2016 08:17

I don't get what's all the fuss over the new barracuda's design. The model looks cool in my book; not to mention, we get even more options

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Oct 04 2016 10:12

Personally I feel the Tigershark is going to make a comeback as the Tigershark AX-5-2. I love the old Barracuda, but the new one is so much better. I fell in love with Tau flyers because of the Barracuda and the revision only made it better. I hope we see a revision of all the Tau flyers including even the Manta!

If they revise the manta within a year or two I might actually have enough extra cash to afford one. :) I feel like it's the perfect time to update it with the new crisis suits from last year.

R.D.
Shas'La

Post#8 » Oct 05 2016 12:46

The new Barracuda looks less like a big ol' brick and has cooler weapons choices, so I welcome any re-iteration. That being said, likely they're just replacing the moulds. The side fins on my Tiger Shark kept falling off to the point where I've kinda lost them by now.

Agent00abe
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Oct 05 2016 01:21

R.D. wrote:The new Barracuda looks less like a big ol' brick and has cooler weapons choices, so I welcome any re-iteration. That being said, likely they're just replacing the moulds. The side fins on my Tiger Shark kept falling off to the point where I've kinda lost them by now.

The antennas for me. They're not even glued back on atm and just lie there for now.
Does this Railgun make me look fat?

JagdtMirage
Kor'Ui

Post#10 » Oct 11 2016 11:24

*dusts himself off*

... for now the Tiger shark variants have actually been removed form the range till further notice. We have not had any word other than they will not be back any time soon regarding the kits, this came after a few months of work on the moulds failed to resolve casting issues for future production.

Luke Taylor
forgeworld@gwplc.com

I'm actually sitting on 1 complete tigershark unit, but had some issues with decals and some people concerned that my Air Cast / Junkers logo in black & white was Nazi Propaganda. Okay maybe it was the iron crosses on the wings that did it. I ordered a second, they mis-shipped me a box with the wrong chassis. Then they shipped me a superly deformed chassis, and then supposedly a good chassis.

The railguns were warped beyond repair and I'm going to ever so gently take my prime model's guns apart and recast a prime copy to make it all work out.

But further down the line, I asked FW about solutions to fix their casting issue; e.g. Break the chassis into smaller parts to avoid miscasts and warping. And that a folding wing for carrier storage like an F-4U Corsair might be an ideal way to add detail and adaptability to the kit.

Wherein FW Replied:

Hey Russ,

You could by all means show us your ideas in real terms this would help our studio get a better idea of your thoughts.

I would say though we don't have any spare parts or methods of casting them up so whatever work is done wont be fixable by ourselves.

Thanks again and speak soon.

Im looking forward to seeing the new wing design

So I'm going to do the heinous thing; and take a coping saw to the miscasts, make a proof of concept and send it back at them. ;)

The antennas for me. They're not even glued back on atm and just lie there for now.

I'll be magnetizing the greebly bits on my kits going forward. Antennas, weapon modules. Maybe even optional heads.
S7,AP3,10inBlast,IgnoresCover. Smells like...victory.

Return to “General Discussion”