[Forum Maintenance] First Quarter November

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Vector Strike
Shas'La

Re: [Forum Maintenance] First Quarter November

Post#11 » Nov 09 2016 08:44

Is there a way for an user to change the black/blue design? It's a bit 'heavy' to my eyes...

Tael
Fio'O

Post#12 » Nov 09 2016 08:49

Hi Vector,

I'll be adjusting it few % but at this stage the contrasted style is the only one available. I will be making a Classic Grey/Grey Blue style as soon as I can. :)

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#13 » Nov 09 2016 02:11

We are back!! Finally it looks so great!

Tael
Fio'O

Post#14 » Nov 09 2016 03:59

Thank you Demorte :)

Few more subtle tweaks, non-essentials, and we'll be golden, well.. Blue ;)

Ell'ran
Shas'Vre

Post#15 » Nov 09 2016 08:06

So will you guys be releasing additional themes for us to pick as we wish?

Themes based upon some of the major septs would be kinda cool.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#16 » Nov 09 2016 08:18

Best answer I can give on Sept themes would be based on how long a "Classic ATT" conversion will take. This will give me an idea of the time investment required in selectable styles :)

Vector Strike
Shas'La

Post#17 » Nov 10 2016 05:53

Tael wrote:Hi Vector,

I'll be adjusting it few % but at this stage the contrasted style is the only one available. I will be making a Classic Grey/Grey Blue style as soon as I can. :)

Nice!

Another suggestion: some kind of like/exalt (from Dakka Dakka) for useful/informative posts!

Tael
Fio'O

Post#18 » Nov 10 2016 07:44

Ah yah - good idea - we've been using our "Markerlight" system for so long it is The Way of Things on ATT. I'll look into a Mod for the community to pick up the torch also :)

Ell'ran
Shas'Vre

Post#19 » Nov 10 2016 10:28

So is post count going to be a visible thing from now on?

Tael
Fio'O

Post#20 » Nov 10 2016 11:34

Appears an embedded feature of 3.1 - I'd like to remove it personally. I'll chat to Pshar'Rifles for any insight as to how to go about it.

Was amsuing to see I've posted 5000 times - thats 500 posts per year of the forum essentially. :D

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#21 » Nov 11 2016 03:23

I actually like to see my post count....got more than 500 during my first year as well already. :D

Ell'ran
Shas'Vre

Post#22 » Nov 11 2016 03:59

The thought behind it is that we don't judge you by your post count, that we judge you by the quality of posts that you make. I had no idea that I have over 1,000 posts here, kinda shocked.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui

Post#23 » Nov 11 2016 04:30

I'd rather the post count be hidden... For the old school reasons of it can encourages people to spam post and others to view people with a higher count as more knowledgeable or some how senior(regardless of rank).

Tael
Fio'O

Post#24 » Nov 11 2016 04:36

This is my feeling too Darklighter. That said, it has been amusing discovery for me.

My initial reading makes for some effort to shut it down. I'll await Pshar'Rifles' input.

P'Shar's Rifles
Kor'O

Post#25 » Nov 11 2016 12:13

I can look into hiding that, for sure.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La

Post#26 » Nov 11 2016 12:37

I've been a little busy with work the last few days, and while I've made an effort to keep up, I may have missed if this was intentional.

Anyway, I'm getting a ton of notifications. I'm not quite convinced that I'm being notified of EVERY new post on the orbital, but I've got 26 thread notifications, some for threads I've never even viewed, and all in the last three days. I haven't altered a single setting since the update, and before that I was only subscribed to one or two currently-dead threads. I think it's a side effect of being part of the "Shas" group, but I'm not certain.

I kinda like it, but I'm a little worried about actually being able to see things I definitely want to notified about hidden in a sea of chaff. Just curious about what kinda witchcraft is at work, here.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#27 » Nov 11 2016 12:51

SinisterSamurai wrote:I've been a little busy with work the last few days, and while I've made an effort to keep up, I may have missed if this was intentional.

Anyway, I'm getting a ton of notifications. I'm not quite convinced that I'm being notified of EVERY new post on the orbital, but I've got 26 thread notifications, some for threads I've never even viewed, and all in the last three days. I haven't altered a single setting since the update, and before that I was only subscribed to one or two currently-dead threads. I think it's a side effect of being part of the "Shas" group, but I'm not certain.

I kinda like it, but I'm a little worried about actually being able to see things I definitely want to notified about hidden in a sea of chaff. Just curious about what kinda witchcraft is at work, here.

I think you get notifications for threads you have subscribed.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La

Post#28 » Nov 11 2016 01:05

Panzer wrote:
SinisterSamurai wrote:I've been a little busy with work the last few days, and while I've made an effort to keep up, I may have missed if this was intentional.

I think you get notifications for threads you have subscribed.

... Is there an auto-subscribe feature that I've overlooked? For the record, I'm completely willing to accept that the possibility that I'm just an idiot. It wouldn't be the first time.

Return to “General Discussion”