Welcome to ATT 2016

A collection of the best Community hobby posts. Promoted content only.
Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Welcome to ATT 2016

Post#19 » Nov 11 2016 06:12

Ahh good to hear, I've also darkened the upper right for less glare.

There is a limit to the vertical size of the background graphic - but I'll see what I can do :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone - helps tweak the new build to a place we all can all enjoy with fewer concessions across the membership as can be realisitically organised.

Now, off to read up on how to tweak the background template to increase the depth value. :)

Norren
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#20 » Nov 12 2016 12:36

Wow, the site is looking pretty good!

Nice work!

Deet
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#21 » Nov 15 2016 05:56

Noticed the header doesn't link back to the home page, and a good percentage of it doesn't link at all. Intentional? My usual reading pattern is to look through the Recent Topics section, but that's harder to get back to now. Anyone else?

Again, beautiful work guys. I know how much goes in to it and how much you're getting paid to do it! Thanks a lot!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#22 » Nov 16 2016 01:02

Thanks Deet, will check this out! :)

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Nov 16 2016 01:34

Deet wrote:Noticed the header doesn't link back to the home page, and a good percentage of it doesn't link at all. Intentional? My usual reading pattern is to look through the Recent Topics section, but that's harder to get back to now. Anyone else?

Again, beautiful work guys. I know how much goes in to it and how much you're getting paid to do it! Thanks a lot!

Yeah as i mentioned before. The actual button behind the Advanced Tau Tactica banner goes only up to the 'T' of Tau.
However i'm fine with it linking to the 'http://advancedtautactica.com/index.php' page instead of the 'http://advancedtautactica.com' page

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#24 » Nov 16 2016 06:30

Ahhh that isolates it nicely, thanks Panzer.

Ell'ran
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#25 » Nov 16 2016 09:51

Deet wrote:Noticed the header doesn't link back to the home page, and a good percentage of it doesn't link at all. Intentional? My usual reading pattern is to look through the Recent Topics section, but that's harder to get back to now. Anyone else?

There are a couple different ways you could do that. You could go to the Quick Links bar at the top of the page, or instead, just under the search bar there is a hyperlink that says Portal, which will take you to the main page. Clicking on the ATT banner will take you to the Board Index.

cross.mountain
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#26 » Nov 16 2016 02:58

Just want to give a quick Thank You! for the new forum design. Definitely a new look and feel. Even though I have to accustom myself to the new layout it feels good especially on mobile devices like my iPad. Very handy and comfortable! Thanks!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#27 » Nov 17 2016 04:29

Hey Cross.Mountain! Thanks man, heck of a leap from ancient software to now. Pshar'Rifles did a solid port, matter of zapping all these little gremlins :D

cross.mountain
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#28 » Nov 17 2016 05:27

Tael wrote:...heck of a leap from ancient software to now. Pshar'Rifles did a solid port, matter of zapping all these little gremlins :D

I didn't expect less from you. ;) Must have been no easy task especially with a decade full of post and lots of data bases entries. :eek:

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#29 » Nov 17 2016 06:41

Sorely tempted to draw a cartoon depicting our end of season finale worthy ministrations as ports didnt cross over, transfer freezes etc. I may or may not have had a moment of concern.

But, we're here and trading war stories. Solid ending. Now lets all laugh at a stupid joke, fade to black and roll credits.

Wonder what ATT's theme music would be?

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#30 » Nov 29 2016 04:24

In update, I have sorted out the Spoiler Tag plague.

However..

If you have used it recently, you will need to Edit your post and reinstate the Spoiler section. This is due to me ripping out the old code and slapping in a straight forward no frills version.

Thank you for your patience on this bug hunt everyone! :)

Additionally, New Post alerts on the Portal page should now be working in accordance to newly updated topics :)

Rizzle
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#31 » Apr 15 2017 05:28

Any chance you could look at drop in a more... frilly version of the spoiler tag code? The current code doesn't appear to have a syntax to support multiple spoiler blocks in a single post. I was hoping to use multiple spoilers provide inline commentary/justification to custom rules in the shiny new Experimental Rules Lab. Consider it writing in the margins for those that might want to see my working :D

To demonstrate, this one works...
Spoiler!
For the record, I also tried using a =tag to ID each block. Some BBCode supports that, but it appears to not work in this case

... and all subsequent blocks create a button that controls the first block instead!

Spoiler!
Like so

Spoiler!
And so

Spoiler!
Which is a pity, as it means you can't currently read this chunk, wherein I express my gratitude for Tael's seemingly tireless efforts supporting and developing this community, alongside the contributions of Pshar'Rifles and the other noble O's keeping this orbital in relative peace.

Separately, it looks like the presence of a quote block breaks the spoiler tag completely.
Last edited by Rizzle on Apr 16 2017 01:21, edited 2 times in total.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#32 » Apr 15 2017 06:24

Thanks for the heads up, fiddling with code this weekend for the header graphic also.

This spoiler one looks to be a version issue with PHP - I am trying to find a work around as Li'yot has brought it up before :)

Return to “Resource Articles”