Welcome to ATT 2016

A collection of the best Community hobby posts. Promoted content only.
hazmatt
Kor'Ui
Kor'Ui

Re: Welcome to ATT 2016

Post#11 » Nov 09 2016 03:58

Looks great. Thank you for all of your work getting this done. :biggrin:

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#12 » Nov 10 2016 07:49

Still stumbling my way through the corridors, but so far things are looking decent.

It's feeling a little odd for now, though I suspect it's because I've been navigating the old site a certain way and I have to change my habits...
Ka'ash Sept

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#13 » Nov 10 2016 07:55

Hi CmdrCASH,

Thanks man, yeah it is different going a vertical format. I truly tried to bring over our three column GUI but the new phpBB and even the mods to do so were very limited. Other options required a significant bit of coin.

I am banking on code folks designing a new GUI mod I can capitalise on in future as the latest phpBB version builds popuarity amongst mod makers. Pshar'Rifles did a superb job rigging several mods to create that Classic ATT look ...ten years ago.. whoa haha.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#14 » Nov 10 2016 09:16

Hi All,

In an effort to find a middle ground between those who like light on dark and the inverse, I've reset our background in homage to Classic ATT, in colour.

Quick post poll - do you guys like the lighter backdrop?

Thanks for your conitnued input, PMs and feedback. It's all about kitting out our new orbital as a community. :)

- Tael.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#15 » Nov 10 2016 11:44

I like the left side of the backdrop, but I think the glare on the right side is a touch too strong - I'm finding it a bit hard on my retinas whenever I look near it.

On another note, when I went to have a read through the great epic that is Embrace Change I noticed that some of the spoiler tags don't seem to be working properly. The little spoiler button reads 'Prime Bbcodespoiler' or something along those lines, and does not reveal the spoilered text if clicked upon.

Spoiler!
Spoiler tag now fixed.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#16 » Nov 11 2016 03:37

I do quite like the lighter background, it feels a little more balanced compared to the darker one before

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#17 » Nov 11 2016 05:15

Wow! I like the backdrop! :smile:
Gives off a modern "I'm on an orbital" vibe, at least on the top of the screen.
Personally I wouldn't mind more lighted backgrounds even after scrolling down to the bottom. Maybe the lower part of the planet with lighted cities and ships... :P
Ka'ash Sept

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#18 » Nov 11 2016 06:50

CmdrCASh wrote:Wow! I like the backdrop! :smile:
Gives off a modern "I'm on an orbital" vibe, at least on the top of the screen.
Personally I wouldn't mind more lighted backgrounds even after scrolling down to the bottom. Maybe the lower part of the planet with lighted cities and ships... :P

Having some highly populated cities seen as light dots from space when scrolling down would be really neat and break up the wall of black.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#19 » Nov 11 2016 06:12

Ahh good to hear, I've also darkened the upper right for less glare.

There is a limit to the vertical size of the background graphic - but I'll see what I can do :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone - helps tweak the new build to a place we all can all enjoy with fewer concessions across the membership as can be realisitically organised.

Now, off to read up on how to tweak the background template to increase the depth value. :)

Norren
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#20 » Nov 12 2016 12:36

Wow, the site is looking pretty good!

Nice work!

Deet
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#21 » Nov 15 2016 05:56

Noticed the header doesn't link back to the home page, and a good percentage of it doesn't link at all. Intentional? My usual reading pattern is to look through the Recent Topics section, but that's harder to get back to now. Anyone else?

Again, beautiful work guys. I know how much goes in to it and how much you're getting paid to do it! Thanks a lot!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#22 » Nov 16 2016 01:02

Thanks Deet, will check this out! :)

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#23 » Nov 16 2016 01:34

Deet wrote:Noticed the header doesn't link back to the home page, and a good percentage of it doesn't link at all. Intentional? My usual reading pattern is to look through the Recent Topics section, but that's harder to get back to now. Anyone else?

Again, beautiful work guys. I know how much goes in to it and how much you're getting paid to do it! Thanks a lot!

Yeah as i mentioned before. The actual button behind the Advanced Tau Tactica banner goes only up to the 'T' of Tau.
However i'm fine with it linking to the 'http://advancedtautactica.com/index.php' page instead of the 'http://advancedtautactica.com' page

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#24 » Nov 16 2016 06:30

Ahhh that isolates it nicely, thanks Panzer.

Ell'ran
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#25 » Nov 16 2016 09:51

Deet wrote:Noticed the header doesn't link back to the home page, and a good percentage of it doesn't link at all. Intentional? My usual reading pattern is to look through the Recent Topics section, but that's harder to get back to now. Anyone else?

There are a couple different ways you could do that. You could go to the Quick Links bar at the top of the page, or instead, just under the search bar there is a hyperlink that says Portal, which will take you to the main page. Clicking on the ATT banner will take you to the Board Index.

cross.mountain
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#26 » Nov 16 2016 02:58

Just want to give a quick Thank You! for the new forum design. Definitely a new look and feel. Even though I have to accustom myself to the new layout it feels good especially on mobile devices like my iPad. Very handy and comfortable! Thanks!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#27 » Nov 17 2016 04:29

Hey Cross.Mountain! Thanks man, heck of a leap from ancient software to now. Pshar'Rifles did a solid port, matter of zapping all these little gremlins :D

cross.mountain
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#28 » Nov 17 2016 05:27

Tael wrote:...heck of a leap from ancient software to now. Pshar'Rifles did a solid port, matter of zapping all these little gremlins :D

I didn't expect less from you. ;) Must have been no easy task especially with a decade full of post and lots of data bases entries. :eek:

Return to “Resource Articles”