The Academy Project

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Tael
Fio'O

Re: The Academy Project

Post#51 » Mar 16 2017 02:10

Always ongoing, Nic is the man to get in touch with - I'm just the crayon-pusher when diagrams are needed :D

nic
Kroot'La

Post#52 » Mar 16 2017 05:26

I am not sure if I am really in a position to get this moving again. Ell'ran was running it all by PM rather than in any open forum so I do not think anybody else really knew what everyone was up to. I have not heard from Ell'ran in a few months so presuming Real Life has intervened we would be more or less starting from scratch.

Those two articles had pretty much reached the end of the process so I got in touch to get them published where they can be of some use as an update to the old 6th edition articles which were showing their age a little.

If anything else is in a similar state I can only suggest the author gets in touch - I know someone was supposed to be working on Pathfinders (as a result of which I deleted my draft on them) but I do not know who.

nic
Kroot'La

Post#53 » Mar 23 2017 06:04

With 8th edition seemingly imminent and looking to be a substantive change my personal feeling is that we put this project on hold so we can store up all our energies for when the new edition is out.

What does anyone else think?

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#54 » Mar 23 2017 06:28

I agree. Especially the save modifier thing can change target priority for a lot of our units (mainly thinking about Firewarrior here if it goes the whfb way with using Strength as modifier)

Tael
Fio'O

Post#55 » Mar 24 2017 05:09

Cool - alright. I'll also do mock ups of the 8th edition style for our new articles :)

Mirth
Shas'La

Post#56 » Mar 24 2017 05:21

I agree with Nic- as much as I have really enjoyed the Academy Articles (both writing current and reading past) I think that at the present it would not be a particularly effective use of our efforts to write up everything for 7th ED only to have 8th come out in the next few months.
When we forget we are soldiers, we stop fighting.

nic
Kroot'La

Post#57 » Mar 24 2017 05:23

Tael wrote:Cool - alright. I'll also do mock ups of the 8th edition style for our new articles :)

We need a like button on this forum :D

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#58 » Mar 24 2017 07:16

nic wrote:
Tael wrote:Cool - alright. I'll also do mock ups of the 8th edition style for our new articles :)

We need a like button on this forum :D

Just instinctively wanted to like your post...guess i'm too tired already...and too active on bolter&chainsword. :D

Tael
Fio'O

Post#59 » Mar 25 2017 04:59

Not to worry, the feedback was good enough :D

Return to “General Discussion”