The Academy Project

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
User avatar
SomeTauGuy
Shas'Ui
Posts: 64

Re: The Academy Project

Post#31 » Nov 23 2016 04:03

With the release of the Official 40k Rulebook FAQ, the Detachments and Formations article needs a few updates.

  • The last section on Independent Characters gaining formation special rules needs correcting.
  • I'd like to roll SinisterSamurai's addition on Death from the Skies into it.

Whats the best way to go about updating it? Should I update the original submission here and then get the updates reflected in the Academy Article by an admin?

User avatar
nic
Kroot'La
Posts: 595

Re: The Academy Project

Post#32 » Nov 23 2016 05:25

Tael wrote:Alrighty, redid the Kroot Sniper for Nic. All current codexified :)

Image

Embed URL:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.advancedtautactica.com/academy/Pictures/KROOT-PULSE-SNIPER-REF.jpg[/img]


Its beautiful.

I think the plan is to get the first of the articles into shape (Strike Teams) and then move onto the kroot next.

User avatar
Tael
Fio'O
Posts: 5285
Contact:

Re: The Academy Project

Post#33 » Nov 23 2016 06:20

Top stuff, keep me appraised of what you and the team need. :)

CommanderDeathrain
Shas'La
Posts: 31

Re: The Academy Project

Post#34 » Nov 24 2016 03:06

As someone who played chaos space marines and space marines on and off for six years I could do a know thy for style article.

User avatar
SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Posts: 350

Re: The Academy Project

Post#35 » Nov 24 2016 12:25

SomeTauGuy wrote:With the release of the Official 40k Rulebook FAQ, the Detachments and Formations article needs a few updates.

  • The last section on Independent Characters gaining formation special rules needs correcting.
  • I'd like to roll SinisterSamurai's addition on Death from the Skies into it.

Whats the best way to go about updating it? Should I update the original submission here and then get the updates reflected in the Academy Article by an admin?

Just an FYI, Planetary Onslaught has two pairs of game-type specific detachments: two for Planetstrike and two for Stronghold Assault. Each pair consists of an Attacker and a Defender variant, meant to be played opposite of each other. I'm not sure how far down the variant-game rabbit-hole you want to go, but I can take a crack at writing them up if you're interested and don't think you'll have access to the book.

User avatar
Ell'ran
Shas'Vre
Posts: 1117

Re: The Academy Project

Post#36 » Nov 24 2016 01:30

nic wrote:
I think the plan is to get the first of the articles into shape (Strike Teams) and then move onto the kroot next.

This is pretty much it, we're gonna update those 2 articles then move on to other things. Currently I'm finalizing the Strike Teams article, and then send it off to some of the people who volunteered to edit/proof it.

The chart looks great tael, I'm not entirely sure how/where nic intends to use it, but I'm sure he has a plan.

CommanderDeathrain wrote:As someone who played chaos space marines and space marines on and off for six years I could do a know thy for style article.

We're trying to do articles for this project only for our units, however, do not let that stop you from doing those articles on your own initiative if you feel so inclined.

SinisterSamurai wrote:Just an FYI, Planetary Onslaught has two pairs of game-type specific detachments: two for Planetstrike and two for Stronghold Assault. Each pair consists of an Attacker and a Defender variant, meant to be played opposite of each other. I'm not sure how far down the variant-game rabbit-hole you want to go, but I can take a crack at writing them up if you're interested and don't think you'll have access to the book.


I think it would be best if we keep these articles focused around the core game, and if someone wants to do a Planetstrike, or Stronghold Assault guide, it would be far less taxing. What do you guys think?

SomeTauGuy wrote:With the release of the Official 40k Rulebook FAQ, the Detachments and Formations article needs a few updates.

  • The last section on Independent Characters gaining formation special rules needs correcting.
  • I'd like to roll SinisterSamurai's addition on Death from the Skies into it.

Whats the best way to go about updating it? Should I update the original submission here and then get the updates reflected in the Academy Article by an admin?


Regarding this, the best way to get it done would probably be to speak with one of the 'Vres or above.

User avatar
Tael
Fio'O
Posts: 5285
Contact:

Re: The Academy Project

Post#37 » Nov 25 2016 07:28

Happy to help woth artwork also CommanderDeathRain :)

User avatar
Ell'ran
Shas'Vre
Posts: 1117

Re: The Academy Project

Post#38 » Dec 09 2016 07:06

Just an update for all those who are curious. We've been busy working away at the first two articles this whole time (or most of the time....okay fine, part of the time jeez), and they're getting closer and closer for peer-review.

Fire Warrior Strike Team Status: Final Edit. After that it will be formatted and pictures added and then posted for all to see and critique.

Kroot Carnivore Status: First Draft Reviewed. I know nic is very excited about this one as Kroot are his babies, and so we're both taking extra special care of this article as we go about the process. It's looking good so far though, nic really knows his stuff.

A thought just occurred to me though, perhaps we could allow user submitted models/fanart/whatever to be used within the articles themselves. I wouldn't know the best way to go abouts doing this, I just thought it would be a cool idea to get a larger portion of the forum involved in the creation of these articles.

Oh, and always we're always looking for more writers to help write up various articles. I'm specifically looking for help with Breachers and Pathfinders, but will accept any help I can get.

Thanks to everyone for the support so far. Ko'vash Tau'va!
-L'R

User avatar
Tael
Fio'O
Posts: 5285
Contact:

Re: The Academy Project

Post#39 » Dec 09 2016 07:56

Welp, you have my colouring pencils at hand - put a word out on the forum calling for art :)

As always, PM me art requests with clear briefing :)

User avatar
Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Posts: 234

Re: The Academy Project

Post#40 » Dec 10 2016 07:24

Making use of various other users' skills sounds like a good idea! I'm interested in providing artwork. For a while now I've been wanting to pick up drawing again, to be helpful to others would boost my motivation! My strengths lie at sketching and ink drawings. If you are interested, let me know what you need and I'll try my best.
Aside from my avatar I don't really have something recent to show, so I'm fine with you deciding if it's suited for the articles in the end.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests