Targeted Reconnaissance Cadre

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
nic
Kroot'La

Targeted Reconnaissance Cadre

Post#1 » Nov 15 2016 03:33

For those who want a bunch of new models at a typical big-box GW discount one of the four new 40K box sets will be a Tau force.

Squinting hard at the picture it appears to consist of:
Commander
Ghostkeel
Broadside
Stealth Team
Pathfinder Team
Devilfish

For more established players who have all those models already it seems likely they will include a new formation consisting of the above as that is their normal practice at the moment, which may be of interest.

boomwolf
Shas'La

Re: Targeted Reconnaissance Cadre

Post#2 » Nov 15 2016 03:56

Can confirm the contents are correct.

Can't really think of what kind of rules such an odd combination will have.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Post#3 » Nov 15 2016 05:03

Either way, I know I'm picking one up because, minus the pathfinder, I've been meaning to get everything else in that set. But the pathfinder bits will go a good ways for conversions.

Czar Ziggy

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La

Post#4 » Nov 15 2016 05:05

Box is said to cost in the ballpark of $165 US, and as I don't have a fish, ghostkeel, or commander yet, I'm considering it.

There's almost enough there for it to be a detachment with its own command benefits. With Warseer down, though, our usual source of early rules leaks is essentially lost. We may actually have to wait until December to know. Oh, the horror.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#5 » Nov 16 2016 01:16

Thats... actually pretty good price and mix. Cheers for the alert :)

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#6 » Nov 16 2016 01:48

I have like 99% of that still on my to-buy list....a bummer i have literally no money these days. :(

Process
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Nov 16 2016 08:36

Does anybody know when these will be available to pre-order with stores? Does their release in catalogs mean dealers are able to pre-order them?

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#8 » Nov 16 2016 09:40

Process wrote:Does anybody know when these will be available to pre-order with stores? Does their release in catalogs mean dealers are able to pre-order them?

It says 3.12.16 in the top right in this pic (taken from the 40k reddit).

Process
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Nov 16 2016 10:23

Panzer wrote:
Process wrote:Does anybody know when these will be available to pre-order with stores? Does their release in catalogs mean dealers are able to pre-order them?

If thats a pre-order date then surely they're cutting it fine in terms of generating pre-christmas sales, my assumption was that is the actual release date, and that a pre-order date for retailers would be a couple of weeks before?

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#10 » Nov 16 2016 11:39

Is about $325.00 bucks worth of models. I am hoping to get two of them for my army.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#11 » Nov 16 2016 02:52

Process wrote:
Panzer wrote:

If thats a pre-order date then surely they're cutting it fine in terms of generating pre-christmas sales, my assumption was that is the actual release date, and that a pre-order date for retailers would be a couple of weeks before?

"A couple of weeks before" would mean the coming weekend or the week after. Possible I guess.

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Nov 16 2016 04:26

Ah man I wish I had this to start with two years ago. :( I had the Firebase Support Cadre instead but it offered no savings. Still cool though.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La

Post#13 » Nov 17 2016 02:00

Be sure to go to those websites that offer 20-25% off GW merch. I know a lot of them do preorders, and this will likely be on the list.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La

Post#14 » Nov 17 2016 02:04

Depends largely on the outlet. My FLGS lets me pre order as soon as I have a leaked image of a thing, before they even know the price or get retailer info regarding it from GW.

AnonAmbientLight wrote:Be sure to go to those websites that offer 20-25% off GW merch. I know a lot of them do preorders, and this will likely be on the list.
Same FLGS offers those extreme discounts, too. After taxes I'll probably end up paying around $130-$135.

Darnok
Shas'La

Post#15 » Nov 17 2016 06:10

I'm just starting to collect Tau, and this box, together with one of the SC ones looks like a perfect way to do it. Hats off to GW, these boxes are actually a good deal and a solid expansion of any starter force.

Ricordis
Shas'La

Post#16 » Nov 17 2016 09:29

Starting Tau - What to buy?-threads are going to be answered far easier now:

"Get a Tau Starter Box and a Targeted Reconnaissance Cadre. And maybe a Riptide. Boom, all you need."

Edit: Reconnaissance is a hell of a word to spell and pronounce for a german @_@

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#17 » Nov 17 2016 11:59

Always buy 3 riptides! Must have 3 minimal.

Dropped a line at both my local stores, the owners of each are my good friends. They have not heard anything as owners about this yet, they have both specifically talked to there GW reps. Regardless I asked each one to hold one for me :D

Assuming the will be a limited item so each store may only get a certain allotment. Had to make sure i am at the front of the line! :)

TauMinded
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Nov 19 2016 08:38

I'm itching to hear what the formation bonuses are for this.

I'm only disappointed by the pathfinders. I'm trying to build a low model count army and my markerlights are coming from the drone net formation. So PFs are really not something I want.

In any case I will pick up at least 1 of these boxes as the savings are pretty good.

Return to “General Discussion”