Targeted Reconnaissance Cadre

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
TauMinded
Shas'Saal

Re: Targeted Reconnaissance Cadre

Post#31 » Dec 09 2016 04:07

If it's just the 6"... then I won't ever be fielding this. A huge chunk of points that is beaten by other formations. We'll at least I needed pieces of this. Anyone wanna buy a devilfish & 10 pathfinders?

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#32 » Dec 09 2016 05:28

Eh, the idea is that is basically meant as a start force for newbies, and for low-points games I guess it could be interesting.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#33 » Dec 09 2016 05:35

I got mine!

Woad
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#34 » Dec 09 2016 06:52

The formation ability would let you move a homing beacon or positional relay 6" prior to your reserves coming in. This effectively gives you a 12" bubble for a pinpoint deep strike or proximity to a board edge for outflanking.

Also, do we know if it's a single broadside for the formation or can you take a full unit?

Ell'ran
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#35 » Dec 09 2016 06:57

I would assume the full unit. Perhaps Demorte could enlighten us, maybe? ;)

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#36 » Dec 10 2016 01:05

The formation rule as written,

Pics REMOVER PER ADMIN REQUEST

I would assume you can take a unit of broadsides, one or three still counts as a single unit.

Is an okay rule, nothing that is game changing.... doesn't make the formation worth taking in my book. Seeing as Chaos just got free hit and run before the movement phase that auto passes, plus 3inches to movement, charge, and run. And duplicating pink horrors... It's possible we may become out gunned in a drawn out fight very soon..
Last edited by Demorte on Dec 10 2016 07:39, edited 1 time in total.

TauMinded
Shas'Saal

Post#37 » Dec 10 2016 02:04

Based on the formation definition in those pictures I would say only 1 Broadside.
Also only 1 Ghostkeel.
As the formation doesn't include the word unit when referring to the Broadside or the Ghostkeel.
It does include the word team/unit when referring to Pathfinders/Stealth suits.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#38 » Dec 11 2016 07:53

I would agree with TauMinded. This is the same kind of wording in the Canoptek harvest formation with the Tomb Spyder. Since the formation sheet only lists one of a given model, in this case the Ghostkeel and the Broadside, then they will be just the one model. The stealth team on the other hand could be a made to be a full 6 member team since it lists them as a unit.

Czar Ziggy

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#39 » Dec 11 2016 11:05

Definitely only one Broadside. It doesn't say "1 Broadside unit" but "1 Broadside".
It's pretty much intended by GW to write things like this by now considering Skitarii have the very same problem with some of their formations with their chicken walker.

khayman
Shas'Saal

Post#40 » Dec 12 2016 02:51

Demorte wrote:I got mine!

Hey man, can you let us know how many decal sheets are in the box? Also, specifically, does the Devilfish get any decals?

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#41 » Dec 13 2016 12:58

Sure thing, I will snap a picture of the box contents.

Return to “General Discussion”