Quick Multi Tracker question...

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
neonmole
Shas'La
Shas'La

Quick Multi Tracker question...

Post#1 » Dec 14 2016 04:40

Hi Guys;

Returning player here. Played a ton of Tau in my time but not in recent years!

My question:

As I recall the Muli Tracker option for Tau vehicles used to allow them to behave as fast for shooting purposes.

I can't see anything about this in the current book. Does this mean Tau vehicles got a whole lot worse? i.e. The max I can move a HH is 6" if I want use of the main weapon?

In addition; if this is the case, secondary weapons are also mostly useless since you would usually like to move? (Particularly SMS without target locks..)

Can someone clear this up for me?

Thank you!
Scissors is balanced, nerf Paper. - Rock

pilky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Quick Multi Tracker question...

Post#2 » Dec 14 2016 05:20

The multi tracker is gone for vehicles, which can limit movement. However, almost all of the "can't shoot" instances of earlier 40k editions are now "fire snapshots". So you can move 6" and fire one gun at full BS and the others at BS1, or 12" and fire all at BS1. You can also use markerlights to work around that. So it doesn't limit movement too much.

The other important issue in 7th is you don't need to move to get a jink save, so you can stay put and fire all weapons at full BS until someone actually shoots at you.

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#3 » Dec 14 2016 08:16

Just to add to what Pilky said - there are also some formations which allow your vehicles to move and shoot at full ballistic skill.

The Hunter Cadre gives any vehicle within 12" of the Commander (or optional Cadre Fireblade) the ability to Flat-out and then shoot at full BS if it had not previously moved in the turn. Alternatively if it did move you now have a combined 12" move and can still shoot one weapon at full BS.

The draft Tau FAQ included a non-draft Errata for Skysweep Missile Defence which does much the same for the Seeker missiles on the Skyray's in that formation. So long as they are within 12" of the formation's Devilfish they can be fired at full BS regardless of having moved.

The Counterstrike Cadre gives its Devilfish the Fast rule for the first turn they are on the table.

neonmole
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Dec 16 2016 04:50

Thanks for your answers guys.

nlc - I can't find the rules you reference with hunter cadre (flat out within 12'' of a commander etc) can you point me to where I can find these rules?
Scissors is balanced, nerf Paper. - Rock

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#5 » Dec 16 2016 05:44

neonmole wrote:Thanks for your answers guys.

nlc - I can't find the rules you reference with hunter cadre (flat out within 12'' of a commander etc) can you point me to where I can find these rules?

It is the Ambushes & Feints rule - a vehicle can flat out and shoot and this does not count for causing it to snap-shoot because it did not happen in the movement phase. There have been some pretty in-depth discussion around this in the tactics board.

Overheal
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Dec 17 2016 12:23

pilky wrote:The other important issue in 7th is you don't need to move to get a jink save, so you can stay put and fire all weapons at full BS until someone actually shoots at you.

That brings me back... used to run 2 eldar tanks kitted out basically the same just so they could 'swap places' with each other during the movement phase. :D

Return to “General Discussion”