New info on our upcoming Imperial Armor Book

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui

New info on our upcoming Imperial Armor Book

Post#1 » Feb 07 2017 12:46

So I was at the Las Vegas Open this weekend and there was a Forgeworld both. I spoke with the event Director from gams workshop and was asking him lots of questions. He wasn't able to tell me a ton about the book but when I said that I really hopped we would see more modles then what have come out in the last year he said There is a very high probability that we will see new modles from the Tau. Then I said I hope there not fast attack and he said you will be happy.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Tael
Fio'O

Re: New info on our upcoming Imperial Armor Book

Post#2 » Feb 07 2017 02:44

Superb scouting mission. Pathfinder badge earned. :D

Heldericht
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 07 2017 03:30

Thanks for the info!

Vector Strike
Shas'La

Post#4 » Feb 07 2017 07:02

WEll, Fires of Cyraxus is expected to be released this year. Did he tell you anything about the release date?

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La

Post#5 » Feb 07 2017 10:50

There's an image floating around of unreleased rebooted Tigershark.

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Feb 08 2017 05:51

Someone on dakka has said they are not satisfied with their flyers and possibly super heavy flyers in particular. We just might get that Manta rework. :) There is speculation a remodelled Thunderhawk is being worked on but the evidence is pretty poor in my opinion. Still if there's ever a chance for new Manta it's now. I think the probability of this is low personally. Still it would be super cool and I would get one.

Great work op.

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Feb 09 2017 06:05

Speaking of a reworked manta I could see them doing one that drops Taunars. There are several references to them in the the Kauyon. I have heard there would be other units in the book as well. Never heard about the manta though. No infor in the date other then soon. Trust me I pressed very hard all of the community team as well.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Feb 09 2017 06:07

It was simple speculation on my part, but I find it unlikely and any further discussion of the Manta here would be off topic. We know the FSE uses modified stealth Manta's from a one note line in Mont'ka. They broke the blockade of the IoM to drop the assault. I'm not sure if it was a whole new transport mentioned or if it was a modified manta it's been years since I've read it.

Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Feb 10 2017 12:56

IIRC it were "Shi'Oni stealth transports".

On the other hand, I remember that at one weekender when Forgeworld stuff talked about IA they mentioned that they didn't focus entirely on Giant Taulike Robots and flyers and probably we can have something new. I wish they explore potential of gravitank platform.

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Feb 10 2017 01:22

It looks like they took some of our feedback into consideration from ages ago. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22905

Edit
I mean let's hope. Especially the Tigershark AX 1-0.

Return to “General Discussion”