Returning to 40k

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
GrimWolf
Shas

Returning to 40k

Post#1 » Feb 21 2017 02:50

I have just dug up my tau army to finish off painting and get back into 40k. I have noticed there's been yet another codex update since I last had my army out. I am wondering if it's better to get the 7th edition codex or the kauyon books?

Gragagrogog
Shas'La

Re: Returning to 40k

Post#2 » Feb 22 2017 03:37

Kauyon contains update for Tau Codex from 2012, but it costs about double the price of new codex. It also contains rules for Tidewall Shieldline/Droneport/Gunrig and 2 Tidewall "combinations" which count as a single fortification FOC: Tidewall Gunfort(3x Gunrig) and Tidewall Defence Network(4x Shieldline + (1x Gunrig OR 1x Droneport) which are not in Tau codex 2015. I've been told the rules for these fortifications are included on a sheet if you buy them... but I'm not sure the combinations are.

Similary, Mont'ka contains rules for Dawn Blade Contingent and it's formations, which are identical to newest Farsight Enclaves suplement. With one exception, in Farsight Enclaves suplement (newer than Mont'ka) they changed access to signature systems, if a formation/detachment is of Farsight Enclaves, it can now choose from both Tau Empire and Farsight Enclave sig. systems.

GrimWolf
Shas

Post#3 » Feb 22 2017 07:37

I'm guessing the farsight supplement is superseded now

Gragagrogog
Shas'La

Post#4 » Feb 22 2017 08:15

What do you mean? Latest Farsight suplement and Mont'ka should contain most current rules.

GrimWolf
Shas

Post#5 » Feb 22 2017 08:28

Oh, my mistake. that was re released also.

Return to “General Discussion”