[April, 2017 - MAIN THREAD] The Holographic Principle

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
TauMan
Shas'Ui

Re: [April, 2017 - MAIN THREAD] The Holographic Principle

Post#101 » Apr 03 2017 09:36

A.T.T. Orbital - the present.

Stepping into the maglev elevator Shas'O'T'au'la, turned around and said, 'Dock 59, Level 03-11.'

But before the door closed, Por'Ui'Yishi'Meii stepped in. The commander looked askance at the water caste woman.

'Sorry, commander, but I would like to you see off at the docks.'

He shook his head 'yes' by way of an answer; but then asked, 'Worried about your Shas'la...Rukuda is it? Heard he made Shas'ui just before this incident took place.'

'Yes and yes.'

'Well, now that you're here, please relay to a few concerns I have to Shas'O'Shas'anuk'la. They're in my reports, but would you also please speak to her about them. Now, since this attack by the Ar'cea began, there are two forces they have yet to deploy against us. The first are the Harlequins...'

'T'ah, but Harlequins fight for their own reasons, and don't join every battle the Ar'cea fight.'

'True, but that leaves the other force not used - the Avatar of Khane. With an attack of this size, and with so many Craftworlds involved; one of them should have sent their Avatar into battle already.'

'Is this a problem?'

'It is for the Enclaves!...' he answered looking her in the eyes. '...But what bothers me more, is what happens if all the Craftworlds activate their Avatars at once? No ones knows what would happen if that occurs. Would they all fight separately, or join into a single large Avatar of Khane? This weighs heavily on my mind.'

'Sorry commander, I have no wisdom to ease your mind on this matter,' said the por'ui bowing to the commander.

Last edited by TauMan on Apr 05 2017 09:28, edited 3 times in total.
8th Edition is here: Keep Calm and Carry On!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#102 » Apr 03 2017 09:52

Rushing to the aid of their fallen master, Tyrioq's seer council hurled the Mon-Keigh back with a united telekinetic blast, sending him flying across the rubble strewn pathway to land in the slumber of unconsciousness as his still-helmetless head struck a piece of stone. He would not wake until the battle was fully over.

The Eye of Isha appeared to shed tears for every fallen soul of her children in the deep dark firmament as the roiling violet screen above the fortresss faded and dissipated. Inside the medivac transport, Grey woke and shot upright with a gasp as the psychic onslaught assailing her lifted. On the ground the Ulthwe strike forces were broken, and began to fall back towards the remaining wraithgate. The seers of Tyrioq's council tended to their cold, still master, carefully removing his rune armour and ghosthelm, and retrieving from his body the spirit-stone that lay over his breast, now pulsing with inner light in the rhythm of a heartbeat. They recovered this, his weapons and armour, and bore them back to the wraithgate, for proper funeral rites on the craftworld. The remaining Ulthwe forces followed, carrying with them what spirit stones they could recover from the dead. Alas, the invaluable souls of the seers that inhabited the Warlock Titan could not be salvaged.

The hosts of Saim-Hann and Biel-tan fought a rear-guard, leading the Tau forces in chasing shadows on a wild dance around the fringes of the fortress while the Ulthwe warriors withdrew, before retreating through the wraithgate themselves, never to return to this cursed, haunted place where prophecy had broken. The seers wondered if the Tau knew the full magnitude of what they had done this day, of the horrifying repercussions it would bring not just for them, but for the very universe itself as destiny was thrown into chaos. But the day belonged to the Tau.

With his forces fighting their way to the base of the wraithgate, Da'Anuk watched as the last of the Biel-Tan Ar'cea, defiant to the end, finally stepped back through the swirling portal and out of sight.

As the massive gate sealed itself shut and fell dark and silent, he heard Ol'Ta's voice over the comm-net. "Da'Anuk," she said, "I think this means I won the pool this Tau'cyr. Hand it over Shas'O."

The Tau commander sank back inside his battlesuit and smiled to himself. "When we get back to the dormitories," he said.

As the Tau began returning to the ATT station, Da'Anuk was surprised to find just how many Tau'faan seemed indifferent to the battle that had just raged below them. In many places it had seemed that life had simply continued on as usual, with many of the orbital's inhabitants barely raising an eye at them.

It seemed that they might never know just how close to catastrophe the orbital had come.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Mon'von
Shas'La

Post#103 » Apr 03 2017 10:11

Spoiler!
"My Warriors of the 116th, you have fought tremendously bravely, as have all those others currently on the ground, whether they be from the Enclaves or the Empire, whether they bleed red or blue, but this battle is not over yet, I SHALL LEAD YOU IN THIS FINAL CHARGE AND WE WILL BRING PAIN TO THOSE WHO SEEK TO DESTROY US, FOR WE ARE TAU AND WE DO NOT BOW DOWN TO ANYONE... FOR TAU, FOR THE AUN AND FOR THE TAU'VA!" Commander Dark Eye looked out of his XV109's cockpit as his troops let out a bellowing cheer of triumph. He had rallied everyone of his surviving warriors to him in the southern quadrant ready to sally fourth for the last time to battle the Ar'cea on Vior'los. This would be a glorious battle to be remembered for all time.

"Captain Ragnar, I was sorry to hear the loss of your brother commander, his death and the rest of your fallen comrades will not go unremembered today and I am glad to have you stand by my side my friend" Dark Eye looked at his friend and thought about how it was a strange thing for firewarriors to fight alongside the hulking Space Marines, but these brave battle-hardened Wolves had been great brothers in arms for many campaigns and skirmishes for some time now, and the commander was ever great full to fight alongside them.
"Do not fret my brother for those warriors died with the honor of battle" Ragnar replied "Besides all those ratty Eldar truely did was serve more fuel to the fire, my wolves are going to relish in their destruction tonight"

"O'Mon'von we are ready to move on your command" came the voice of Shas'el Or'sha'is
"This is a beautiful night for killing Ar'cea, move out commanders let us end this now" Commanded Dark Eye

Instantly the entire mass of 5 mobile cadras started moving simultaneously, kicking up a massive cloud of dust. An Army of Tau can move extremely fast when its mounted, and it didn't take long to reach the main battle lines.
"Shas'el Kunas'shase are your warriors ready for the drop?" Dark Eye looked up to the sky as if he would see his young commander.
"We sure are sir" Kunas'shase replied with impatience and excitement "Just don't leave us hanging too long sir, we want some vengeance up here"
"No haste my friend, I will signal you when the time is right"
"Copy that sir"

The battle was raging as the 116th reached the rear of the Tau lines. The fighting was close and Dark Eye could see the Ar'cea forces leaping about slashing down onto the shas upfront. Then he spotted the Jetbikes zipping along the lines, those jetbikes that had almost annihilated Korst'la's entire cadra.
"All battlesuits lock on my target... ready... ready... FIRE!" With that the entire fury of 32 battlesuits was unleashed upon the Ar'cea skimmers, smart missiles, Rail Guns, Plasma Guns, Burst Cannons, Cyclic Ion Cannons and the likes opened up, smashing into an around their targets. Before the dust and smoke had a chance to settle commander Dark Eye ordered Captain Ragnar to take his Company down the center.
"Commander Storm, take two cadres and reinforce that left flank, Korst'la you're with me on the right." Commander Dark Eye led the three remaining cadres towards the right flank where the fighting seemed worse. "Kunas'shase, now is the time. All other commanders we push forward we must reach the drop pods before the 18th get overwhelmed, ONWARD CHAARGE!"

I had wanted to add this before the battle had finished I also wanted to apologize for going AWOL for this last part but as we all know real life trumps.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd" Fate remains inexorable

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#104 » Apr 03 2017 10:29

Lost in the place between life and death called unconsciousness, Drake slept.

A wild mountain landscape...and snow everywhere. Where was he, then he saw the great silver maned wolf again. It lay on the outcropping of rock watching him, both stately and proud.

Wait there was someone sitting between the wolf's paws? A little girl? Who was it?

Drake realised it wasn't a little girl, but the Wolf was just huge! The woman was...the woman was...Gray! And she was alright. She cried out to him, "Drake, Drake!"

Then unconsciousness took him and he slept until the Tau medics awoke him many decs later.

'Let me get back to you Ol'Ta, I have a little problem here!' said Shas'O'D'anuk over the intercom. Then looking over at a group of earth caste medics and asked, 'What's the problem fio'fann?'

'Sorry sir, but this creature...won't let us...near the gue'vessa firewarrior!'

Over the prostrate body of the leader of Covert Ops Team 24-c, was a huge black and brown, four legged animal. It showed signs of battle, a Shinning Spear's bright lance was stuck in it's side, and its fur was rent by Ar'cea chain swords. It growled and swiped at the earth caste medics.

'Xhmm, I get the feeling it's...T'ach!...That it's protecting the gue'vesa sir?' yelled the medic dogging a swipe from a heavy paw.

O'Da'Anuk sighed and shouted, 'Contact HQ and see if anyone knows what this thing is...'

'Excuse me shas'o, but I think I can help,' asked an Enclave firewarrior.

Da'Anuk looked down from his crisis battlesuitm and pointing at the creature said, 'Who are you firewarrior?'

'Shas'Ui'Vio'los Rakuda sir.'

'Go ahead then, but wait do you know what it is?'

'It's a gue'la animal sir...it's called a "grizzly bear".'

Rakuda then strolled up to the "grizzly bear" and offered him a whole piece of ge'ta bread from his ready-to-eat meal. 'Bjarni, it's me Rakuda. I have a snack for you,' he said loudly.

The creature" Bjarni" then stopped growling and sniffed at the ge'ta bread, but then in one bite devoured the entire piece of bread. Now content eating, it grunted at Rakuda; who had to then kept shoving food items into its mouth.
And while Bjarni pestered Rakuda for more snacks, the earth caste medics were now able to get to Drake.

'How does Brother Hamr ever put up with you Bjarni?' asked Rakuda scratching the animal behind the ears.

'BEOOOAW-AHH' bellowed Bjarni.

Last edited by TauMan on Apr 04 2017 12:12, edited 3 times in total.
8th Edition is here: Keep Calm and Carry On!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#105 » Apr 03 2017 10:43

The next thing Drake saw was Grey's face, smiling angelically and surrounded by a glowing halo of white light. As the Gue'vessa came to he began to make out the smooth light-studded roof of one of the ATT orbital's medical bays, with Grey looking down at him, her hair falling to curtain his face. Looking into her eyes, it almost seemed as though she knew something now, some deep hidden secret that nonetheless remained unsaid...

And on the planet below, in the early hours of the dawn, just as the first light was about to start creeping up over the horizon, a shadowy figure shrouded in darkness watched from a distant hill as the last manta lifted off from the surface, smiling to himself from beneath a grimacing skull-mask. While the Tau and Eldar fought he had done his work unnoticed, and now felt satisfied at what he had achieved. With a flash he fell through a swirling webway portal, which snapped shut out of existence in the blink of an eye. Only his haunting laughter was left hanging in the air.

For the Death Jester always had the last laugh...
Naked Metal

SniperTau
Shas'La

Post#106 » Apr 04 2017 12:02

I'm alive.
A grin spread across Drake's face.
I'm alive.
"Hey."
"Hey."
Gray smiled.
'Snipers, ready, ready.....'

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#107 » Apr 04 2017 02:24

Thus Ends the 2017 Advanced Tau Tactica April 1st battle. Tyrioq is dead and the Eldar have been defeated, retreating from the planet through the webway. The Pillars of Vaul have been destroyed, and the ruins of the Eldar stronghold now lie abandoned on the planet below. With the Tau victorious, the ATT orbital is safe again for another year.

A very big thank you to those who participated in the event, I wish that you had some great fun with it. Also much kudos to Tael for providing the campaign map. And for those who didn't join in, well with any luck you at least enjoyed reading the adventure. :)
Naked Metal

Return to “General Discussion”