[April, 2017 - MAIN THREAD] The Holographic Principle

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
SniperTau
Shas'La

Re: [April, 2017 - MAIN THREAD] The Holographic Principle

Post#81 » Apr 03 2017 04:14

We continued our stealthy advance, and before long we were running past Ar'cea reinforcements movin towards the front line. There was no help now. We were truly on our own. we only communicated via comms, and every so often we would send word back to O'Da'Anuk, informing him of our progress.

The pillar loomed ever closer, and soon we passed the source of the voices in our heads, a group of leaders and nobles that proceeded at a fast pace towards the main tau incursion. Soon after we passed the one remaining wraithgate, and the reinforcements arriving there. We were almost there. The pillar loomed in front of us, and our few fusion charges seemed woefully inadequate to fell the mighty colossus that was our objective.

"Drake to O'Da'Anuk, We have reached the pillar. Please advise on what to do. Both me and Gray are equipped with markerlights and we have a few melta charges. There are few guards." Gray patched in.
"Also be advised there is a group of leaders of some sort heading towards your position."
Drake took charge again.
"We await your orders."

Spoiler!
I am going to sleep for now, so anyone who wants to can take control of the two gue'vesa. Tau'va, goodnight, and good luck.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#82 » Apr 03 2017 05:14

Da'Anuk stepped along the rubble-chocked pathway, crushing debris under the armoured hooves of his battlesuit. Ahead was a team of Firewarriors, pinned down by a torrent of micro-missile fire from dark armoured Ar'cea on a catwalk above. He activated the command and control node on the battlesuit's jetpack hardpoint, transmitting a direct feed to his bodyguards. The following salvo of missiles from them blew apart the delicate catwalk, sending the Ar'cea tumbling downwards. While they were in disarray the three battlesuits gunned them down with a volley of plasma bolts.

It was getting darker now, and though he could not see for sure Da'Anuk assumed it would be nightfall shortly. None of this felt right at all. So much of the Ar'cea's fighting seemed like a delaying measure, something to hold the Tau in place. And most of the friendly forces still had yet to arrive. Were they delayed? Had they been ambushed and wiped out in transit?

Still, Ko'Ta'Kir was right before, however bad things seemed now, they had been through worse. What was needed now was to focus on the job at hand. His forces would clear out the Ar'cea one way or another if they had to.

The Ar'cea's words sounded as clearly in the Tau commander's mind as anywhere else. He thought over them for a while, and from a certain point of view he was right - after all, what was the Greater Good but the collective will, which governed all those following it?

But then he thought about how he saw the Tau'va, what it meant to him. And he knew that that whatever destiny the Tau might have, it would not be dictated to them by aliens who massacred colonies without provocation. He opened a channel to all global Tau forces.

"All friendly forces, this is Da'Anuk," he began, "It might have occurred to you that our enemy is sure of what will come in the future. It might seem that the whole universe is on rails, irrevocably sliding down towards a pre-determined path.

Ask any Shas why they fight and they will give you the same answer - the Tau'va. And if you ask that same Shas what the Tau'va is they will give you the same answer - that it's exactly that, the Greater Good, what's best for everyone. Not just a privileged few, not just one species, not just the majority, but everyone. No exceptions made.

But when you ask that Shas what they see the Greater Good as, then things get interesting. Some see it as a powerful empire dominating the stars. Some see it as a world where there are no longer any problems. Others might even tell you it is when all give up their will to the collective whole. Let me tell you how I see it.

I see freedom. Not freedom from choice, but the freedom to choose. I see the Tau'va as people, as civilised species, as individuals from all corners coming together and working out how to get the best from everyone, for everyone. Because the truth is, we are all different - whether you are a dedicated proud commander in the Empire's armies, or a fiercely independent warlord of the Enclaves, whether you are calm and patient or bold and headstrong, whether you are an intrepid Kor or an inventive Fio, whether you are Tau or Gue'la or Kroot or Vespid or Nicassar or any other one of a thousand different species that lives and thrives across the east of the galaxy, we are all unique. And as we are all unique so too are our paths towards the Tau'va unique as well, as we come together to bring all of our own unique strengths and talents in harmony for the Greater Good. And because they are all unique to us, only we can truly find our way along them.

So if having the freedom to choose one's path along the Tau'va is against the edicts of your gods and prophecies, then I will fight them as I will any other enemy of the Tau Empire, because everyone deserves to have those choices.

Why then do I fight? I fight so that they can choose."

Da'Anuk switched over to a secure channel and patched through to the Gue'vessa infiltration team. "Drake this Da'Anuk. Commence demolition of the alien pillar."
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui

Post#83 » Apr 03 2017 05:30

"Enemy approaching!" the Fire Warrior beside Tash’shi shouted, the actinic flashes and supersonic crack of his pulse rifle fire mingling with the eerie whistling sound of shuriken weapons that were showering their positions with lethal monomolecular discs.

A Shas'la behind him screamed as one of the rounds penetrated his thigh armour and detonated, ripping off the entire appendage in a grisly bloom of blood, flesh and bone. Another suddenly slumped forward, headless, cleanly burned away by a superheated stream of plasma.

The steady torrent of return fire from the Tau infantry squad tore up the terrain around the Ar’cea, forcing them back by their sheer intensity. The lithe forms of the Eldar rangers could be seen dashing backwards, quickly and deftly picking their way up the steep crater walls as if they were merely walking on flat ground.

They had arrived at the Western edge of the crater via Manta just moments back, the large dropship stopping just long enough for the troops to disembark before hurrying back to the starport to ferry the next group of Tau reinforcements. There were too many weapons in the Ar’cea arsenal that could actually hurt the Mantas to have them loiter on the frontlines, even if they could reasonably act as a fire platform if needed.

"La’rua, advance by teams!" Tash’shi bellowed, breaking out at a run for the next piece of cover, encouraging the remaining members of his fire-team to do the same. But they had made no more than a few yards progress when a storm of murderous fire fell upon them, churning up the ground around them. Tash’shi threw himself to the ground, barely avoiding the fusillade that, to his horror, sliced apart the torso of the warrior to his left.

This was turning to be a bloody, full frontal charge more commonly seen in the Gue’la way of war and attrition rather than that of the Shas, he thought as he crawled forward amidst the chaos of battle. But the Shas’ar’tol had assured that there was a plan behind all this. They were to be the protective and if necessary, sacrificial shield for the next force that had been dropped in several manta lengths to their rear.

For the Tau surmised, if the heaviest firepower of the Kor’vattra was currently being held back by the shield, the simplest solution was to bring that firepower into the shield. And at this time there was only one ground based platform which could mount the standard starship rail cannon array – the KX-139 Ta’unar Supremacy Battlesuit.

Now one of these colossi stomped forward on the path cleared with the blood of the Tau skimmer squadrons that had pushed forward in a crescent shape around it to deal with potential threats, while Riptides shadowed its flanks, counter fire defence systems and interceptor arrays scanning and covering each approach arc, ready to step into the line of fire with their nova boosted shields.

At the very least, even if it failed, this would draw the attention of the defenders and hopefully make it possible for other forces to strike the killing blow.
Ka'ash Sept

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#84 » Apr 03 2017 05:48

Tyrioq felt the steady rhythm through the ground long before its shape appeared in the distance. He needed neither sight nor touch to know of the lumbering monstrosity's presence, for now the battle was proceeded exactly as he had foreseen it. The Tau might turn from one strand to the other in their desperate bid for survival, but there was no way to escape the fate that intertwined them all. Even now he already knew the exact location the Ta'unar was approaching from, right down to the colour of the ground beneath its feet, all from his scrying foresight.

As predicted, the Tau had brought forth one of their largest weapons to bear. Now it was time for the Eldar to respond in kind. "Farseer," said one of his seer council, "They have deployed a titan."

"I know, I saw they would," Tyrioq replied, "Let us return the gesture ten-fold. Turn loose the Warlock."

The main wraithgate rippled and dilated, and from its swirling portal emerged, towering over the structures of the fortress, was a Warlock titan. As large as a Phantom class, its sleek round control pod was pitch black save for the band of spirit stone which blazed with crimson radiance in the darkness. Rising from it's back like angelic wings were an array of power vanes, and at it's arms were an eldritch psychic lance and immense power fist. The entire gargantuan construct thrummed and pulsed with the unimaginable power coursing through its wraithbone core.

As it advanced to the front pulse bursts, missiles and hypersonic projectiles seemed to unerringly miss any targets around it. Even ion beams seemed to bend away from the Eldar nearby. At the same time, where it strode every Eldar shot found its mark, every Eldar blow struck turned fatal.

With a graceful speed that defied it's colossal size, the Warlock titan marched towards the Ta'unar...
Naked Metal

SniperTau
Shas'La

Post#85 » Apr 03 2017 02:41

"...commence demolition of the pillar."
I switched to Gray's channel.
"We start the demolition now. Follow me."
We set off over the open ground, confident in our stealth fields. We reached the pillar.

We started placing charges, my super-charge on one corner and the rest spread out. This is where it got dangerous. In order to place the charges we had to uncloak, but we did not know if there were guards hidden in the shadows. We continued to set up, charges placed then primed with a twist of the casing. We placed them roughly five metres up, jumping to place them. This would ensure we got the machinery inside.

The last of the charges set, we raced away, recloaking as we sprinted, stealty only when we got several hundred metres away. I opened a channel. "O'Da'Anuk, this is Drake. All charges set. Standing by for the detonation order. In case we are taken out, the activation channel is 223-109. Awaiting your order."

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#86 » Apr 03 2017 05:35

Colony YK-7: Somewhere, probably in the general vicinity of the southern pillar. Best guess anyway?

Bob the Builder
Can we fix it?
Bob the Builder
Yes, we can!
Hey!
Time to get busy, such a lot to do
Building and fixing till it's good as new
Bob and the gang have so much fun
Working together, they get the job done...

Bob stopped singing long enough to feel the vibrations coming through the bulkhead of the model 1936 Binford 40,000 A.T.J.D.T. Battlesuit. Then there was nothing. Bob waited for what seemed like minutes, but was really a hour.

Nothing. So he resumed singing.

Can we build it? Yeah!
Can we fix it? Yeah!
Bob the Builder
Can we fix it?

But wait there is was again, and Bob could feel an almost imperceptible jerky motion, accompanied by a scraping sound coming from the hull.

Then nothing again.

Bob the Builder
Can we fix it?
Bob the Builder
Yes, we can!

Suddenly the console lit up and the interior lights came on. And a voice spoke into this ear, 'Bob can you hear me? We're right outside trying to get your right side up. Can you hear me Bob?'

'Hot damn! Is that you Phred?'

'Yes, it's me. Bronco and Slim have jury rigged a power source to the battlesuit. Can you initiate gyroscopic hull alignment?'

'Sure thing there sweetheart! Anything for my favourite cybernetic life form. Here goes.'

The result was less than stellar, a low whine and the inner-hull began its grandmotherly stroll to realign with the outer hatch. And bored at the slow progress of the realignment, Bob now sang at the top of his lungs.

BOB THE BUILDER
CAN WE FIX IT?
BOB THE BUILDER
YES, WE CAN!
YEAH!

'Bob, stop singing. I can't concentrate!' said Phred in Bob's ear.

'BOB THE BUILDER, CAN WE....Whoa there cyber babe! You're an arcology network, so you concentration can't be disturbed by anything.'

'Don't call me babe Roboute! I can still be irritated by your singing. Why do you think I never attend any of your concerts? And I only joined the band because you asked me to.'

'You know Phred that really hurts. It really does.'

The hulls lined up and the both hatches opened, and Bob felt a rush of fresh air blow into the battlesuit. But the best part was seeing Jim's mohawk, and Bronco's dreadlocks. Then the smell of wood fire and hot coffee hit Bob, and he gave them a big smile.

'We t'ought we lost yuh mon!' shouted Bronco, as he and Jim pulled him out of the A.T.J.D.T. Battlesuit.

Outside of the battlesuit Bob could see it was entangled with an Eldar Wraith Lord. And like a bowling ball making a strike, it had scattered a squad of Wraith Guard as well. Looking around, he could see a parked black Devilfish, alongside which a campfire was going. Durango and Slim waved to him, and so Bob and his rescuers joined them around the fire. The evening sky was turning from blue to purple to red; and the first stars were starting to appear.

Durango handed Bob a steaming cup of hot coffee, 'Hey vato check it out. Got supper all ready for ya! None of that Tau ready-to-eat-meals, but real food. Got a big pot of chili verde, corn tortillas..and I even have some pork carnitas cooking!'

"Whooee, guess we're eating good tonight boys!'

'Sorry, Bob but all of our A.T.J.D.T. Battlesuits are out of commission. We will not be rejoining the fight anytime soon,' said Slim ladling Bob out a big bowl of chili verde.

'Oh, hell Slim. I think we done enough for the A.T.T. Orbital this here tau'cyr! What do think boys?'

'HEEEEYAAAAH!' they all shouted in return.

'Alright then boys let's eat.'

Then as the whole team dug into their chili verde and corn tortillas, Bob turned to Phred and said, 'Okay, since y'all don't like my singing Phred. Why don't you grab a guitar and serenade us with your lovely cybernetic voice?'

'Will do Bob. How about the Red River Valley?"

'Sounds fine by me Phred.'

Phred picked up Bob's twelve string began singing, but then Bronco joined in on the harmonica.

From this valley they say you are going,
We will miss your bright eyes and sweet smile,
For they say you are taking the sunshine
Which has brightened our pathways a while.

Come and sit by my side if you love me;
Do not hasten to bid me adieu,
But remember the Red River Valley,
And the girl that has loved you so true...

The Red River Valley

Last edited by TauMan on Apr 04 2017 01:04, edited 2 times in total.
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

SniperTau
Shas'La

Post#87 » Apr 03 2017 05:49

"Detonate." The order came over the comms.

Drake pressed the activation trigger.
The fusion charges activated in a riotous explosion, chunks of wraithbone scything outwards as the pillar's base disintegrated. The noise was unbearable, and even at a distance Drake instinctively clutched the sides of his head in pain. A pop sounded as something burst. Then he could here nothing. "Audio muting activated." Thank the tau'va.

The shock wave rolled outwards, pulverising the buildings and throwing Drake and Gray outwards. His head hit a corner, and his vision swam with stars and went black.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#88 » Apr 03 2017 06:03

The Warlock Titan bounded across the wasteland to its target, the Tau superheavy walker before it dwarfed by its massive statuesque stature. Inside the titan, immersed in the flowing energy that radiated from its wraithbone core, the steersman in his meditative trance was confronted with a vision - the Ta'unar turning and leveling its heavy railgun array at him, mass-induced targeting systems driving the hypersonic projectile straight at the command pod he now resided in. Breaking from his foresight, the steersman looked out through the titan's sensors to see the squat Tau walker with its heavy railgun trained straight at where he rested.

This would not be. With a single thought the steersman brought the Warlock Titan into a weaving turn, while simultaneously bending the fated space-time of the shot's trajectory away to where it could do no harm. The hypersonic shell struck only the titan's shimmering holofield, passing straight through and smashing into a slender spire in the fortress behind.

Now the Warlock Titan struck, loosing a blast from its psychic lance. The violet flare of arcane energy surged from the long jewel-encrusted lance and washed over the Ta'unar with horrifying force. Armour plates twisted and buckled, literally recoiling from the force as if out of fear before falling away in tears of liquid metal and strange twisted shapes. icy bolts crackled around the walker as its barrier shield struggled against the eldritch onslaught, straining to blunt the worst of its destruction. Inside their machine the Ta'unar's crew screamed in hideous pain. Azure blood began to run from one crewmember's nasal slit, while it dripped from around the eyes of another. The third banged his head against his control panel and against the sides of the cockpit in a desperate bid to stop the ghastly screeching and terrible crushing sensation inside his skull. And then just like a storm the wave of psychic energy passed over the walker, leaving it damaged but still standing.

Now the Warlock Titan closed the distance to the Ta'unar in full and a terrible clash of giants began. As the Eldar titan lunged forward the Tau walker fired its fusion cascades point blank. At such close distances no amount of psychic trickery would avoid the searing fusion blasts, and the titan recoiled as they struck its lower torso section in an eruption of cool-coloured flame and energy discharges. In response the Warlock Titan raised its power fist and swung down at the Ta'unar, ripping off the shoulder-mounted weapons in one massive swipe. The Ta'unar fired again with its fusion cascades, this time hitting the titan's elegant rear wings where they met the shoulder. In a spectacular pair of detonations they fell to earth, leaving sparking, crackling mechanical wounds where they had been. But the Warlock struck the final blow, bringing its power fist down and smashing apart the Ta'unar's central control centre in a maelstrom of sparks and fire. The stricken Tau walker stumbled back, wobbled for a few ominous moments, then fell to earth with a thunderous crash.

But now the Warlock Titan stood exposed, its holofield generators destroyed. And now it was vulnerable...

Far away on the edge of the wasteland the tracer missile carriers had arrived, and wasted no time in setting up. As the massive skimmers touched down on the surface, their enormous square engine pods swung forward to their storage position, allowing the immense silos behind them to be raised to launch position. From within the central command vehicle, the battery commander could easily see on his displays the most immediate threat, and immediately gave the order to prepare to fire. The superheavy warheads would be able to finish off the Ar'cea titan, but they needed someone to guide them in...

"All units within vicinity of the Ar'cea titan," the battery commander said over the comm-net to any nearby unit with a markerlight, "This is tracer missile battery R-12. We have a full compliment of tracer missiles primed and ready to launch, but we need a positive targeting fix. Light the target Shas'la!"

Now the Enclave Tau had finally arrived at the battle, and they poured through their own two breaches on either side of the one made by Hunter Cadre Da'Anuk, shoring up the flanks of the Empire Tau and moving outward to sweep the compound clean, fighting with all the fury of their hot-blooded icon.

Da'Anuk and his bodyguards dropped down into a space between two buildings, evading a volley of plasma bolts loosed from a trio of slender Ar'cea combat walkers just up ahead. As the war walkers advanced past their hiding place the battlesuits emerged behind them and blew them apart with ion and missile fire.

"This is Da'Anuk, detonation order is a go, bring that pillar down!"

For a few moments there was silence. Then a series of brilliant explosions rippled up the towering device. It stood, riddled with craters and holes, for what seemed like an eternity. Then crackling eldritch energy began to spill out from the ruptures, sending monstrous lightning arcing out in all directions. The Gue'vessa were hardened veterans from their service in both the Tau and Gue'la militaries. They knew when to duck and cover, and quickly took shelter in an abandoned crystal pyramid.

The energy washed over the final pillar, consuming it in a raging corona of violent purples. The alien structure was ripped apart by the uncontrollable force, which seemed to fold in on itself until it was barely the size of a pinprick. Then it burst forth, rocketing towards the sky in a spectacular plume of energy.

Nothing remained where the pillar had once been.

Tyrioq watched with anguish as the final pillar imploded in the vortex. He sensed the tortured pain of the spirits inside the crippled Warlock Titan, and his heard screamed in sorrow. The pillars were now gone, there would be no Vaul's Torment for the Tau orbital above. But not all was yet lost. If he could simply slay the Tau already on the planet, his true targets. then victory would still belong to the Eldar.

The Farseer reached out with his mind, probing the pillar's final resting place for the perpetrators. At last he found them, sensing their presence coming towards the main battle after having escaped the blast. Even now they had recovered from unconsciousness and were coming up the same way they had come, no doubt seeking to hunt down the Eldar at the rear of the fray. They were hidden from mortal vision by impressively creative concealment technologies - for a younger race at least - but their minds could not hide from his Witch-Sight. The Farseer sensed something horrifyingly familiar about one of him, something he had not felt since-

Yes, it could only be him, the Mon-Keigh who had dared to meddle with the arcane forces of the beyond, and threatened the webway directly. Tyrioq seethed with rage knowing that he still yet lived. The Farseer did not recognise his companion, but there was nonetheless a strange connection that he could feel running between them... almost as if... No, surely it could not be! What could these primitive beasts possibly know of affection and adoration, they who still huddled by fire in ragged skins when the Eldar explored all the utter exhilarating heights of blissful entwinement, all the burning golden joys of knowing that one was apart of something greater, together with another who matched so seamlessly with them it was impossible to discern where one ended and the other began. What would these feral creatures know of the longing to be united upon every level and plane with the one their very soul reached out to embrace?

Still, the pattern was unmistakable, and in his yearning for retribution Tyrioq devised a most fitting punishment for this Mon-Keigh's crimes. He would see for himself now whether these animals were truly capable of devotion. The Farseer began to focus on the second Mon-Keigh, the one called 'Grey'.

War was fought on many levels, and in many theatres, but perhaps the most dangerous and violent battles of all were fought somewhere so small and intimate that it was invisible to the mundane eye. And now it was this place that the battle came to as Tyrioq waged Mind War upon the female Mon-Keigh. She stumbled and fell screaming, blood dripping from her nose and weeping from here eyes as capillary walls began to collapse under his terrible psychic invasion. Her will was strong, and she resisted with all the inner force she could spare for the mental duel, but it was a losing battle against the might of an Eldar Farseer. He could have ended her life here and now, squeezing the energy from the nerves in her primitive dull brain like juice from a fruit, but he wanted the other Mon-Keigh to suffer. He wanted him to feel hope that he might save this one he cared about, just as Tyrioq had hoped to triumph with the Pillars of Vaul, only snatching that chance away at the last minute. So he turned his attentions elsewhere, leaving only enough focus on the Mon-Keigh female to continue pressing down upon her feeble mind.

Now the battle was truly joined, and Tyrioq and his seers laid about the Tau all around them with the full arcane might of Ulthwe. Destructor blasts scoured Tau from their hiding places, psychic guidance drew forth death for even more as they led the fire of the Eldar around them to perfect precision. Powers of concealment and fortune protected them from retaliation as they continued the slaughter, slashing and hacking with their witchblades and leaving Tau bodies wherever they struck, smoke billowing from within their armour. A hammerhead appeared near them, its long railgun tracking some distant target. Tyrioq loosed his singing spear at the beast with an elegant throw, and the blade cleaved through the air before striking the skimmer in the side, punching straight through one engine and out of the other before twisting in the air and returning to its master while the grav-tank fell and burned. And in his heart Tyrioq knew that these were the final fated moments.

ELDAR! PROPHECY COMES TO PASS!
Naked Metal

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#89 » Apr 03 2017 06:27

All the Tau forces remaining had now joined battle. Now was the time for the killing strike.

Swift as the wild wind and ferocious as the storm, the wild riders sounded their howling warcry as they tore into one flank of the Tau, striking the the lightning fury of the fanged serpent and with twin family banners raised. Fire prisms rained terrible blasts upon the Tau below and Vypers reaped a fearful tally of skimmers with the missile and the bright lance. The wild riders fell upon the Enclave warriors, racing between buildings and soaring above rubble, strafing with shuriken fire and slashing with sword and chainblade as they went. At the core of the host was the united kinsmen of Faoldir and Frayja, united in love and furious bloodshed alike, their hearts racing in unison as they slew Tau after Tau, Frayja swinging with her mighty power axe and Faoldir with his long power spear, atop his great vyper steed.

The two chieftains acted as twin fangs, perfectly synchronised in the death and destruction they sowed with vengeful wrath. pausing the slaughter only to share longing kiss in the air above and draw their fingers across the arms of one another before plunging downwards once more like Hawk and Eagle, that the Tau might know they faced the fury of Kurnous and the Storm, red as blood, white as noble spirit, black as death.

As the Saim-Hann wild riders made their attack one one of the Enclave flanks, so too did the Bahzhakhain strike on its opposite, completing the trap on three sides. The fire prism let loose with a searing blast that erased a Tau grav-tank in a single furious detonation. Falcons swooped through the air, raking targets with beams from their scatter lasers until their gunners heard the chiming ping of a laser-lock, then sent stitching pulse laser fire precisely where it would cause most damage. Their heavy weapons firing all around them, the Wave Serpents powered into the Tau lines, throwing aside Tau warriors like toys with the force of their serpent shields and then disgorging their lethal cargo of Aspect Warriors into the fray. Fire Dragons blasted apart gunships and Howling Banshees fell upon Firewarriors, striking them down with their elegant power swords, while Dire Avengers commanded the open pathways and Dark Reapers cut down battlesuits from afar.

At the head of the synchronised killing marched Illyriel and her slayers, dealing death to any who crossed their path as her magnificent back-banners and elegant helmet-crest of emerald green and pristine white fluttered in the twilight winds.

Come then children of the east!

A Shas'ui rose up in defiance, determined to save his team even at the cost of his own life. The Lion Huntress skewered him with the Huntress' Talon, tossing back her head in contempt.

Let the strongest of your feeble men find themselves wanting against mother, maiden, daughter and huntress!

As the Tau warriors fled down the path Illyriel and her slayers cut them down in a hail of shuriken fire.

Let you try to poach eggs from the nest of the Eagle, noble and swift in her fury!

A team of small Tau battlesuits materialised behind them, unleashing a torrent of fire from their burst cannons. The slayers ducked and weaved, evading the lethal plasma bursts. Then they charged the Tau and struck them down with dagger and diresword, Illyriel herself bisecting their leader as she brought the Huntress' Talon on him with the force of an Executioner.

Let your pitiful warriors break upon the chosen of Khaine like water upon the rock, and know that your end is as one with the Lion of old!

The Lion Huntress dropped from a vantage point on a passing Tau skimmer, latching a melta-bomb to its roof as she landed before sliding off as it errupted in flames.
Naked Metal

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui

Post#90 » Apr 03 2017 06:45

In some ways, it felt familiar, to be again surrounded by death and destruction. Shas’ui Tash’shi shook his head mutely, taking in the scene, staring at the burning wreckage of the Ta’unar. Every Tau’cyr he would find himself over his head and once more it had turned out no different. Everywhere around him deadly bolts of weapons fire converged on Tau and Ar’cea alike, claiming lives by the dozen as shockwaves from the multitude of explosions reverberating through the protective cocoon of his helmet.

A crackling on his comms broke his reverie.
"This is tracer missile battery R-12. We have a full complement of tracer missiles primed and ready to launch, but we need a positive targeting fix. Light the target Shas'la!"

Slowly he let out a sigh, accepting that his fate for the Tau’va was to always find himself in the thick of things. The only thing that mattered in the end, he supposed, was whether he tried to make a difference.

Making sure that he was tucked in a stable posture, he raised his pulse rifle, pointed it at the Warlock and thumbed the activation switch on the markerlight attachment.

“This is Shas’ui Tash’shi. Markerlights on target.”
Ka'ash Sept

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#91 » Apr 03 2017 06:57

The tracer missiles seemed to move in slow motion as they rose out of their angular silos, steadily climbing as the cold-launch mechanisms pushed them out. As they cleared the silos, they seemed to hang in the air for a moment, then took off with a thunderous roar and massive plume of fire that glowed furiously bright against the twilight gloom. As they tore across the sky the missiles reoriented themselves towards the markerlight reflection, racing across the wasteland at tremendous speed in a cruise flight-path. One by one the 16 missiles streaked outwards.

The Warlock Titan tried to escape the oncoming barrage, twisting the probability of their impact away from its crippled form. Several tracer missiles were peeled off-target and silhouetted the elegant giant in a bracket of explosions as they impacted the empty ground around it. But the Warlock's power was fading as its psychic energies bled into the ether from the damaged wraithbone core, and it could no longer twist every fate.

Fully eight of the tracer missiles slammed home, erupting in massive fireballs as the superheavy warheads smashed apart the armoured wraithbone. The Warlock Titan staggered back, swayed from side to side and then fell to earth, collapsing in a mass of tangled wreckage and iridescent green and blue fire.
Naked Metal

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#92 » Apr 03 2017 07:39

+++ Assigned A.T.T. Channel +++
--- TO: All Vior’los Ground, Air and Naval Forces ---
--- CODE: 700-727-000-312-160 ---

--- MESSAGE ---

TO ALL TASK FORCE GROUPS IN THE YK-7 THEATER.

AS OF 0014:40:00 DECS ALL AR'CEA PILLARS HAVE BEEN DESTROYED. REPEAT ALL AR'CEA PILLARS HAVE BEEN DESTROYED.

THIS IS THE FINAL BATTLE.

ALL TASK GROUPS
MOVE TO THE SOUTH-EAST QUADRANT AND THE LOCATION OF THE LAST KNOWN PILLAR. ENGAGE AND DESTROY REMAINING AR'CEA FORCES.

ALL AIR UNITS
ASSIST AS NEEDED IN THE TRANSPORT OF TASK FORCE GROUPS TO THE SE COMBAT ZONE.

AS OF NOW ALL AVAILABLE COMBAT FORCES ON THE A.T.T ORBITAL ARE BEING COMMITTED, TRANSPORTED BY KOR'VATTA K-42.

ADDITIONAL SPECIAL FORCES GROUP HAVE ALSO BEEN COMMITTED
THE DRAS'FANN TIO'VE - THE OUTCAST CONTINGENT UNDER THE COMMAND OF SHAS'O'VIOR'LOS O'RAN'SHA - COMMANDER BRAVESTORM.

SIX SPECIAL FORCES HUNTER CADRES, SIX RECON CADRES, ONE HEAVY ARMOURED CADRE, ONE ANTI-TANK CADRE, ONE HEAVY ARTILLERY CADRE AND ONE KOR'VATTA TRANSPORT AND FIGHTER CADRES.

SHAS'O'VIOR'LOS'T'AU'LA IS NOW TAKING COMMAND OF VIOR'LOS FORCES IN THE COMBAT ZONE. THEREFORE SHAS'O'VIOR'LOS SHAS'ANUK'LA WILL TAKE COMMAND OF THE JOINT TAU EMPIRE VIRO'LOS HIGH COMMAND.

THIS IS THE FINAL BATTLE

MAY THE LIGHT OF THE TAU'VA BE WITH YOU!
MAY AUN'VA GUIDE YOU!
UNITY AND PROGRESS!

FOR THE DAWN BLADE!
FOR VIOR'LOS!
FOR O'SHOVA!

SHAS'O'VIOR'LOS SHAS'ANUK'LA
VIRO'LOS HIGH COMMAND

--- CLOSE MESSAGE ---

+++ Close Assigned A.T.T. Channel +++
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

SniperTau
Shas'La

Post#93 » Apr 03 2017 08:03

Gray screamed and fell, deathy still beneath her armour. I ran over, calling her name.
“Gray. Gray. GRAY!” The only answer she had was a weak moan. I pulled off her helmet.
Blood dripped from her eyes and nose, and the eyes themselves had rolled up in her head.
He had seen a similar reaction before, on mortus, when a psykerbeast had unleashed a psychic scream.Psyker. Damn Ar’cea.
“O’Da’Anuk. Gray is down. She is down. Transport needed. Check my locator for our position.”
My voice cracked.
“I think she’s dying. Please.“
Thoughts of those bodies, those bodies bleeding out from their eyes filled my head.
“I will leave her at…..”
I rattled off a set of co-ordinates and directions.
I placed her body under a large silver slab.
I will find the one who did this.
I let loose a scream, an animalistic sound that carried over the ruined spires.
I will find them.
I stood.
And I will tear them apart.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#94 » Apr 03 2017 08:24

Though it was difficult to see from beneath the swirling psychic shield, clouds had been gathering over the fortress, and now as the combined might of Ulthwe, Saim-Hann and Biel-Tan stood against the Tau the storm broke in full, torrents of rain cascading from the heavens through the mystic barrier and lightning crashing down across the battlefield. It seemed only fitting to Tyrioq, for now the full force of the Tau was descending upon them as dozens more cadres barrelled across the wasteland from their landing sites. Nightwings duelled with Barracudas in the turbulent skies above as the Tau fleet sent wave after wave of attack craft overhead, for though they still could not target the fortress from orbit through the arcane barrier in the heavens, they could still fly their small craft underneath it.

But the Eldar fought on, striking terrible blows and then fading into the raging darkness. They fought with all the fury of Khaine himself as they slaughtered the Tau assailing them. The Farseer himself and his seer council strolled through the carnage, lending their powers wherever needed. Tyrioq had now started casting forth Eldritch Storms across the battlefield, adding crackling bolts warp-lightning to the glavanic discharges of nature, and though they were but pale shadows of the vast immensely destructive psychic tempests he had unleashed earlier, they were still more than enough to cut a swathe through the Tau.

At once the Tyrioq was struck with a trance as he beheld what was yet to come. He saw the Mon-Keigh charge at him, spear in hand. He saw them clash and battle throughout the rain, singing spear against powered blade, parrying and thrusting as the lightning crashed around them beneath the Eye of Isha in the firmament. And he saw at last, as the insect's mate lay in torture, his defences falter.

The Farseer snapped back into the present, and sensed immediately the pitiful rage of the Mon-Keigh as he quested relentlessly for his consort's tormentor. Tyrioq knew that the moment would soon be at hand...
Naked Metal

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#95 » Apr 03 2017 08:31

A.T.T. Orbital, Joint Tau Empire and Enclave High Command Centre - the present.

The command centre was lit in deep blue light from the various holographic displays. Shas'O'T'au'la made his final electronic signature on his adjutant's dataslate.

'Be sure that the commander Shas'O'Shas'anuk'la get this.'

'Yes, sir,' replied the adjutant.

'Your decision is final?' asked Por'ui'Yishi'Meii standing next to the commander.

Commander TauMan turned and looked at her, and with his eyes said, "Yes."

'Commander, I need to inform you that the S.C.S.T. team has checked in, and they're all fine and uninjured. But Bob wants you to know that all of their battlesuits are damaged; and that they have withdrawn from the fight.'

'Thank you por'ui. They've certainly done enough for this engagement already. What about Covert Ops Team 24-c? Did they survive the destruction of the last pillar?'

'Apparently so commander. Communications have been garbled; however Shas'O’Da’Anuk of the 42 Guards cadre, is in contact with them. The last report from O’Da’Anuk was that the team was intact, and engaged in a fire fight with Ar'cea units.'

'I put in an order for their immediate extraction, I don't know how they keep going? That one gue'anda shas, "Gray" I believe? Hiya'te! She went right back to combat, after being healed of very severe wounds! Please make sure O'Shas'anuk'la makes their extraction a priority will you. T'oh one more thing, find out what their military ranks are, whether it be Tau or Gue'anda. We need them for the commendations.'

'Well, that's it then. It was an honour to have worked with you Por'ui'Yishi'Meii,' And with that the commander turned to the headquarters staff and said:

'Thank you all for your hard work, and thank you all for seeing past our differences; and working for the common defense of the A.T.T. Orbital. We are all Tau, and we all follow the Tau'va. Three tau'cyr ago I fought in the corridors and domes of our beloved Orbita, against the Phareon Imotekh and his Necron warriors. Much blood was spilt then, and no one could tell whether it came from a firewarrior of the Empire, or a firewarrior of the Enclaves. The blood was all blue.

I could have never imagined then, that I would one rotaa I would be commanding all the forces of the Orbital, against yet another insidious enemy. It is my honour to have served the community in this capacity, as it was been to serve with all of you. Thank you.'

Shas'O'T'au'la bowed deeply to the command staff.

'May I serve the Tau'va as well in battle, as I have served it in command. Fairwell.'

And with that Commander TauMan left the Joint Command Centre.

Last edited by TauMan on Apr 04 2017 12:16, edited 3 times in total.
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

SniperTau
Shas'La

Post#96 » Apr 03 2017 08:36

Drake screamed, rage filling him as he charged the psyker who had hurt Gray, lance in hand. He was the storm, he was the wind, he was fire. He let out his rage, and let it consume him as he slashed and stabbed with fire in his eyes.
"Meet your death, Ar'cea!"
The leader retreated under the flurry of blows, lithe and quick. The lance crackled, disruptive field meeting that Ar'cea blade, and helmetless, Drake screamed his rage again. The storm raged about them, as did the battle, but it seemed they were in a different world such was their focus on their adversary.
"MEET YOUR DEATH!"

SniperTau
Shas'La

Post#97 » Apr 03 2017 08:40

I was sensless with rage, that this MONSTER would dare to hurt her. Memories flashed through my mind, of the friends I had over the years. All gone. Except Gray.
"I WILL NOT LOSE HER TO YOU!"
"I WILL NOT!"

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#98 » Apr 03 2017 08:46

Tyrioq turned, just as he had seen. And there he was, silhouetted against the lightning and heralded by the thunder, just as he had seen. And he charged, screaming a cry of death in the feral primitive language of his species, just as he had done so in the vision.

The Mon-Keigh was quick, far quicker than many of his kind, and fought with all the burning wrath of the Dragon, but his blows were turned by the arcane shielding of Tyrioq's rune armour, allowing him to recoil from the howling barbarian. Onwards they fought, the Mon-Keigh slashing and thrusting wildly with his power spear, Tyrioq parrying and swiping with his singing spear. The two duelled across pathways with the battle raging around them, the centre in the eye of the storm. The Mon-Keigh lept into the air on his fiery jetpack atop a darkened catwalk, and the Farseer hurled himself in levitation to meet him atop it.

They fought at every level of the burning fortress, the Mon-Keigh's wild fury matched by Tyrioq's cold precise foresight. The Farseer had memorised every movement his attacker had made in the vision, and the Mon-Keigh's movements matched them exactly. Tyrioq thus made the perfect defence for every attack.
Naked Metal

Return to “General Discussion”