[ATT] Organization Query To Members

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Lyi'ot
Por'O

[ATT] Organization Query To Members

Post#1 » Apr 05 2017 09:30

As all of you can see, we've recently updated the look and layout of ATT. As always, we owe Tael for the artistic and thematic work -- thank you!

My question to the membership in general is: how is the re-organization working out?

• Can you find everything you want to?
  • Is the new, darker scheme legible?
  • What sort of organizational changes would you like to see?
In terms of the last question, I'd like to hear your input about how our forums and sub-forums are laid out. For instance, I recently made a sub-forum within the Library, to hold the fan-made short stories set the shared "Into Silence" universe. Was this a good idea? Would you like to see more?

Obviously, we ought not make subforums for everything; each additional subforum decreases member interest by increasing the number of click-throughs one must make to see said content. But we're not adverse to introducing more forums, or collapsing others -- if the members think it would be a good idea. For my part, I'd like to make a new sub-forum dedicated to Shadow Wars/Necromunda discussions.

Thoughts?

Panzer
Shas'La

Re: [ATT] Organization Query To Members

Post#2 » Apr 06 2017 02:19

I honestly don't use the forum structure anyway unless i'm searching for something (which rarely happens).
I just keep reading everything that's new.....okay I admit I skip the story threads. Really not interested in those without some gameplay going along with (like in campaigns etc.).
I wish I could set specific subforums on ignore or something so they don't show up in my "Unread posts" though. :P

Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Post#3 » Apr 06 2017 09:45

Lyi'ot wrote:
  • Can you find everything you want to?
  • Is the new, darker scheme legible?
  • What sort of organizational changes would you like to see?

First off, thank you, Tael!

As for the questions, in order:

1: It took me a little bit of time to get used to the new site, but I can find everything I need quite easily now that I have adjusted to it. I really like how the front page is organized. The "Latest Posts" placement is really nice for me to review anything I'd like to read or respond to in a quick manner.

2: As for the darker scheme, I have gotten more used to it, but it does seem to tax my eyes a bit. I am not sure if it is something I'll grow accustomed to, but overall it makes it harder for me to spend any amount of time on here.

3: The only organizational change I could think of would be either a new forum or sub-forum specifically for 3d and 3rd party models and conversion pieces. We have so many members who are doing some amazing work and it would be cool to see a place that is largely dedicated to their work and a go to when it comes to for conversion add-ons.

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#4 » Apr 08 2017 03:43

Thanks for your feedback, guys!

I'm not certain there's any way for members to tailor the Unread threads list to specific forums and sub-forums, Panzer -- but if I discover one, I'll let you know!

Tearphoenix, that's a good idea about 3rd-party models. I think we used to have something like that, years ago, but were a little gun-shy because of possible IP violations. I'll talk with the other admins and see what they say.

In the meantime, I've created two new sub-forums:

• The Experimental Rules Lab is a centralized location for all home-brew units, missions, and campaigns.
  • The Shadow Ops Center is a centralized location for all Shadow Wars-related posting and discussion.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#5 » Apr 08 2017 07:33

Thanks for the feedback gang, and good idea on the two new sub-fora. :)

I'm buried with contracts presently, but my next art project is ATT Light, as a alt scheme for folks who don't like inverted contrast.

- Tael :)

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#6 » Apr 12 2017 01:08

While we're discussing tweaking the theme: could you modify the site such that clicking anywhere on the banner takes you to the board index? The link "box" stretches above the "Powered by", but ends at the final 'd' of "Advanced" when moving right. I keep trying to click on the "center" of the header as a quick link back, and nothing happens.

I know, I know -- it's a weird force of habit developed developed from half a decade of using the old theme. But you don't get to be a shas'o without developing a few weird force of habits. :dead:

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#7 » Apr 12 2017 01:26

Lyi'ot wrote:While we're discussing tweaking the theme: could you modify the site such that clicking anywhere on the banner takes you to the board index? The link "box" stretches above the "Powered by", but ends at the final 'd' of "Advanced" when moving right. I keep trying to click on the "center" of the header as a quick link back, and nothing happens.

I know, I know -- it's a weird force of habit developed developed from half a decade of using the old theme. But you don't get to be a shas'o without developing a few weird force of habits. :dead:

Me and someone else already pointed that out when the new version went live. I guess it just got forgotten. :D

Tael
Fio'O

Post#8 » Apr 12 2017 05:10

Indeed it has haha. Thanks guys, will look into the code to see where I can extend that sensitivity area :)

Return to “General Discussion”