Petition for Tau Orca

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
QimRas
Shas'Saal

Re: Petition for Tau Orca

Post#19 » May 24 2017 07:29

Panzer wrote:So after the initial 50, it didn't even double the number over the course of a month. I don't think this petition will do anything. :D

Even if Forgeworld does not pick it up, hoping someone else will make something similar we can use as a functional stand in. Planning to build my own standin, but would rather get the "official" if I can.

Oh, and 80.

DietOfLiquor
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » May 24 2017 11:29

I'd love to see it return redesigned. Hopefully the weekender will shed some light if it will make a return.

Quartz
Shas

Post#21 » May 25 2017 08:55

Anyone know of any good 3D printer plans for it online?
We gave them a chance at the greater good, now they die

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#22 » May 28 2017 07:55

I thought it would be managable to do in a weekend, but the nose took forever and still is a bit off... Also it seems like there are different versions of the bottom side from the images I googled, Did they just updated the model mid production and didn't tell anyone? :D Anyway, I guess it'll take a weekend or 2 to finish...

Pyropower
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » May 28 2017 07:59

That looks awesome, I love the orca. It would be epic to drop troops right into the fray. They might get chewed up but it'll look awesome

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#24 » May 28 2017 08:07

I would love to know if it'll get 8th ed rules or not... But it can always be used as a piece of terrain :D

Tearphoenix
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#25 » May 28 2017 08:50

Gragagrogog wrote:I would love to know if it'll get 8th ed rules or not... But it can always be used as a piece of terrain :D

When Death from the Skies received an update, it was missing the Orca. I sent FW an email and this is what I received back:

Hi There,

Thanks for the email, With regards to the Orca getting an update for death in the skies we have been told this is unlikely as the model has not been available to buy for a good number of years now and whilst available in the more recent version of the Taros campaign it has not been part of the product range for so long that it will not likely stay for the next update for tau.

I will forward your email to the studio as another email showing interest for the rules. If we get enough email they may look at adding the orca in the rules.

Thanks again

Pyropower
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » May 28 2017 09:01

Fair I like the idea of terrain, It can easily be an amazing narrative objective

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#27 » May 28 2017 10:10

Tearphoenix wrote:When Death from the Skies received an update, it was missing the Orca. I sent FW an email and this is what I received back:

Aye, they won't do rules for something unless they sell a model since that company were selling tyranids GW didn't have models for...

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#28 » Jun 03 2017 08:59

The Orca appears in the TOC for Imperial Armour Index: Xenos. It will have 8th edition rules.

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Post#29 » Jun 04 2017 06:33

Gragagrogog wrote:Image

I thought it would be managable to do in a weekend, but the nose took forever and still is a bit off... Also it seems like there are different versions of the bottom side from the images I googled, Did they just updated the model mid production and didn't tell anyone? :D Anyway, I guess it'll take a weekend or 2 to finish...

Wow, that looks amazing!

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#30 » Jun 06 2017 07:18

So... I have the hull finished apart from some minor details, Still need to finish landing gear, engines and turret cover. Right now I'm printing what's done, the hull alone is about 45 hours printjob in 0.2mm layers. I'll release some STL files once I'm sure the turret parts move properly, expect a proper thread for it this weekend. Anyway, this is what I have printed so far (The 3 parts with tau logo need a reprint as it's revorked slightly...)

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#31 » Jun 06 2017 11:50

As impressed as I am with the work you have done Gragagrogog it does go off topic.

Please create a new thread in Modelling to continue with your project.

Once you have created the topic you can transfer the posts you already have here over to the new one.

Return to “General Discussion”