Can you mix Breacher Teams and Strike teams??

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Can you mix Breacher Teams and Strike teams??

Post#1 » May 18 2017 09:35

I was looking through the webstore, and I noticed that the Strike team can be also built as a Breacher team. I then realised that although I want my troops to use pulse rifles, I REALLY like the Breacher Team helmet, and I also want the strike team to have some pulse blasters for crowd control/urban combat. So what are the rules about putting breachers and strike teams together??? And could you switch the helmets for the individaul teams if not???
Star Trek has returned. Imagine enterprise times Movie 5. Then times by cancer. That's how bad this series is.

Jefffar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Can you mix Breacher Teams and Strike teams??

Post#2 » May 18 2017 09:42

From a rules perspective, breacher and strike teams are totally seperate.

From a modelling perspective, have fun, just make sure you clearly indicate to any opponents if the unit is strikers or breachers and what options they have taken.

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » May 18 2017 09:44

Unit composition specifically refers to just 'x breachers' or 'x fire warriors'.

I mean, I guess you could feel free to do that in a Kill Team scenario.

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » May 18 2017 09:55

But what about weapons??? could you give a stike team pulse blasters??? I mean, it does come in the same package...
Star Trek has returned. Imagine enterprise times Movie 5. Then times by cancer. That's how bad this series is.

azlanpower
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » May 18 2017 10:31

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:But what about weapons??? could you give a stike team pulse blasters??? I mean, it does come in the same package...

you may assemble strike team models with pulse blasters kit or any other conversions you make

but, during play, just clearly notify yr opponents what are those units...breacher or strike team....and use their profiles accordingly

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » May 18 2017 11:08

Just because something comes in the same box doesn't mean anything. Many Grey Knight boxes are for 2-3 different unit choices as well. Breacher are Breacher and Strike Teams are Strike Teams. Including weapon options.

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#7 » May 19 2017 12:10

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:But what about weapons??? could you give a stike team pulse blasters??? I mean, it does come in the same package...

You could, but then they'd just be breachers.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » May 19 2017 01:47

Refer to your codex to find out what each unit has the option to take. Anything found within the listing of a unit is what they can take.

So strike teams cannot equip pulse blasters. It's not listed. They can take pulse carbines/rifles.

When it comes to modeling, the rule of cool prevails for the most part. Whatever you think looks the coolest is what you should do! Just make sure your opponent is aware of what you have on your guys.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

DKzDK
Shas

Post#9 » May 20 2017 03:26

For my Personal preferences Helmets don't matter, as long as you use the right weapons or clerify what kind of soldier it is.

It's like giving a solder a swat helmet, but like somebody above said already. Modelling a shotgun instead of an assault rifle and saying they can shoot long range is a little awkward.

Blaster = shotgun
Rifle = rifle
Doesn't matter what he's wearing on his head

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#10 » May 21 2017 11:48

What I originally meant was would it be possible to form a mixed unit of Breachers and Strike, i.e 4 strike, 4 breachers???

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#11 » May 22 2017 12:01

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:What I originally meant was would it be possible to form a mixed unit of Breachers and Strike, i.e 4 strike, 4 breachers???

Outside of Kill Team, where you still have to use usual composition but then they can move around and mingle independently, no.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » May 22 2017 12:26

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:What I originally meant was would it be possible to form a mixed unit of Breachers and Strike, i.e 4 strike, 4 breachers???

We know. And we gave you the answer: no. They are two different units who share the same box of models. Just look at your codex. ;)

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#13 » May 22 2017 12:32

I didn't bother to buy the 7th edition codex becuase 8th is coming out so soon :fear: :eek: :neutral: :::(

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » May 22 2017 12:47

A forum is no rulebook/codex replacement though. If you want the rules without buying the book there are .... other ways. ;)

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#15 » May 22 2017 07:21

I did get the 6th edition off the W40k.lib site....actually, should I mention that???

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » May 22 2017 10:34

Better not mention sources of pirated stuff here. :D

Return to “General Discussion”