My T'au gue'vesa army ideas

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
sunspear
Shas'Saal

My T'au gue'vesa army ideas

Post#1 » Jun 12 2017 11:14

I have been out of the game for about 5 years. But 8th edition has really caught my attention and I am wanting to get back into it. I have always liked the idea of a gue'vesa army. Maybe humans that have been indoctrinated into the greater good for a long period of time and have even risen through the ranks. Led by an ethereal possibly. The conversion for the fire warriors is going to be pretty straight forward for me, just change out the lower leg with some guard legs as I like the overall look of the fire warriors. I am going to leave the hands alone, my reasoning On this is just to say they wear a special glove, sort of like the shoes worn by samurai, I think they were called jikarbi or something like that. The ones with the toe of the shoe split down the middle.
Anyway, I may be getting to far into it for some people:)
I am still learning a lot about the T'au, and fluff to a certain extent,is important to me. So what do you think, could humans rise to a level in the empire to operate suits?
Also, I was thinking of doing a shadow sun conversion and making her a gue'vesa. Would that be acceptable within the fluff? And is she still even an option in the army?
To my mind I could see a T'au army made up of predominately gue'vesa led by an etherial.
Any help or guidance or even reference would be appreciated.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: My T'au gue'vesa army ideas

Post#2 » Jun 12 2017 12:36

Sunspear

You can do whatever you want. Logically, with all the human worlds conquered during the 3rd Sphere of Expansion; there would now have to be, entire armies made up of Gue'vesa.

In one published BL story a turncoat Inquisitor was given "Mantle of the Hero" and allowed to operate a Crisis Battlesuit. No reason why other human allies of the T'au Empire, (sorry) Tau Empire, wouldn't be allowed to operate a Crisis Battlesuit, or command a cadre or higher unit.

Of course you'd have to come up with other "warlord traits" other than those of Shadowsun.

The TauMan
PS Here's your name in Tau'sia
Shas'jida - Sunspear
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

sunspear
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jun 12 2017 01:08

Tauman-thanks for the reply, and for the name translation!
Good, I'm glad to hear that it is possible. I mean I realize that I can do anything with the models I buy, but it's nice knowing that the background at least supports it.
One question though, couldn't I just use a counts as shadowsun? I had a conversion in mind using a stealth suit. I guess I could just model a commander and use the warlord traits.

davethepak
Shas

Post#4 » Jun 17 2017 10:10

As long as the base size matches, it should be fine.

I have a ton of guevesa I made a while ago - since we don'g have stats for them anymore (not yet) - I use them for kroot.

They are guard with pig iron miniatures helmets, and I scraped off all the imperial symbols on their guardsman gear and armor.

Hungry_Bert
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jun 18 2017 02:43

I'm in the middle of making a Gue'vesa broadside using an old sentinel I had lounging about. The firewarrior torso works really well with the guards head.

I look forward to seeing your awesome force :)

sunspear
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jun 18 2017 06:15

Good to see others have done it also. Dave and Bert, I would like to see your armies.
I just bought an airbrush rig and some bits I'm going to try out for conversions. I may track my progress here. Still trying to decide on a paint scheme. I really like some of the urban one I have looked at. But the white s really nice too

Colt
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#7 » Jun 18 2017 01:14

I modded an "Iguana" TAG from Infinity into a Gue'vesa Commander now in paint work im also working over some "geckos" to make "human" XV8's. Finally I recommend using regular space marines legs to make human Stealth Suits
Spoiler!
N00bie Wargamer
Army: Fior'Serra Sept Tau 5000 PTS

sunspear
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jun 18 2017 01:40

Colt- those look really nice. I'm thinking about converting a stealth suit for a shadow sun counts as. May have to use the idea.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#9 » Jun 18 2017 02:37

For kill team and SWA games, we fluffed up a setting for some gues.
World was vassalized by Water Caste, and while much of the world is happier under Tau rule, there are still dissidents, and kind of a Nazi-occupied France underground resistance of Imperials firebombing Earth Caste factories or whatever. I like to think that the new sept has become adept at espionage, spycraft, and other small-cell urban guerrilla door-kicker operations.

I get to have Tau kill teams, including guard/PDFs, hunt other guards, renegades, GSCs and the occasional unit of smuggled Space Marines.

Maybe not the best fluff for huge detachments of gue'vesa, but hey.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#10 » Jun 18 2017 05:43

SinisterSamurai wrote:For kill team and SWA games, we fluffed up a setting for some gues.
World was vassalized by Water Caste, and while much of the world is happier under Tau rule, there are still dissidents, and kind of a Nazi-occupied France underground resistance of Imperials firebombing Earth Caste factories or whatever. I like to think that the new sept has become adept at espionage, spycraft, and other small-cell urban guerrilla door-kicker operations.
I get to have Tau kill teams, including guard/PDFs, hunt other guards, renegades, GSCs and the occasional unit of smuggled Space Marines.

Really? The T'au sorry Tau, already get tarred with the "filthy xeno" label and as "space communists"; do we also have to become "space nazis" too?

Here's a better scenario for you: Korean peninsula 195O
The NATO forces (Tau Empire) are assisting their ally the Gue'vesa forces (South Koreans) in their war against Communist North Korean (Gue'la), who are being assisted by the evil Communist China (Adeptus Astartes).

Remember the Imperium of Man has:
  • The Cult of Personality around a god-like leader (Emperor of Mankind)
  • This includes the Imperial Cult - worship of the Emperor
  • Secret Police - Inquisitors
  • Political Commissars
  • Gulag camps
  • Penal Battalions
  • Death Battalions
  • Regularly commit genocide
Whose a "space commie" or "space nazi" now?

The last known photo of the Emperor of Mankind, taken before the Horus Heresy.

TauMan
Edited to add the Inquisition.
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

sunspear
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Jun 18 2017 06:10

Haha,I have to agree with Tauman here.
The emperor isn't...what I had pictured in my head.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#12 » Jun 18 2017 10:55

TauMan wrote:
SinisterSamurai wrote:For kill team and SWA games, we fluffed up a setting for some gues.

Really? The T'au, already get tarred with the "filthy xeno" label and as "space communists"; do we also have to become "space nazis" too?

Here's a better scenario for you: Korean peninsula 195O
[/i]

Seriously....if he likes his fluff, let him have it.
It's not some super special snowflake scenario or twisting anything much even, really. Just generic "natives aren't entirely happy with being occupied by force X so they keep up the fight even without a real army" which is entirely fine as setting.

Just the "occasional unit of smuggled Space Marines" is a bit weird. Unless it's some Rogue Trader Space Marine it's unlikely there are Space Marines that don't come down with what they think are enough Marines to end the occupation....and they rarely do underground fighting then. :D

sunspear
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Jun 18 2017 11:22

I don't mind anyone's fluff. I like anyone coming up with fluff for their games. I try to keep my army to the background. I'm sure there are all kinds of things going on, the universe is a big place. I just thought tauman had some good points and it was kinda funny

Colt
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#14 » Jun 19 2017 12:38

Thanks a lot sunspear

In fact today i worked on my human fire warriors and finally gave them the finishing touches to this 4 guys who now can fight shoulder by shoulder with their tau comrades.

Spoiler!

I cut the legs of some astra millitarum casualties bits that i got on my local store and the heads were gifted by a friend its really easy to make this guys with the correct bits.
N00bie Wargamer

sunspear
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Jun 19 2017 03:24

Those look good! Nice conversions on the legs.

Colt
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#16 » Jun 21 2017 02:00

After some time waiting for it I can work on my human tech XV8 This will be made with the base of an Infinity Nomad Gecko adding some key elements to it to give some tau vibe.

Spoiler!

The chest piece is a remaining bit from an XV8 and the shoulder pad from a commander, this model is great to make the try for the back jetpack it also has. I think it all adds up for the illusion of making human like XV8's
N00bie Wargamer

sunspear
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Jun 21 2017 05:35

That looks nice! Good job.
I am thinking I may just stick with the tau suits as they are. Unless I can kitbash one. I think the average human could easily fit in the suits and not have to make adjustments for the legs. But I like your models, gives me ideas

Prophet224
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Jun 22 2017 12:57

Looking good! I am planning to do something similar. There are some good conversion guides out there. Also thinking of doing an infinity mod for gue'vesa based on Ohio team and a few others, but starting with the cadian mod.

Side note - do magnets stick to the infinity models? Saw the TAG and wondering if that is magnetized.

Return to “General Discussion”