Designer's Commentary - 'FAQ' for 40k 8th!

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Vector Strike
Shas'La

Designer's Commentary - 'FAQ' for 40k 8th!

Post#1 » Jun 17 2017 12:45

Maxwell
Shas'Saal

Re: Designer's Commentary - 'FAQ' for 40k 8th!

Post#2 » Jun 17 2017 12:55

Ok so question already. Are we supposed to be rolling multiple saves for multiple damage attacks? If I take an attack of 6 damage I roll 6 saves? Or is this only for the special abilities (stim injector/warlord trait in our case)

Dut'ch
Shas

Post#3 » Jun 17 2017 01:20

Maxwell wrote:Ok so question already. Are we supposed to be rolling multiple saves for multiple damage attacks? If I take an attack of 6 damage I roll 6 saves? Or is this only for the special abilities (stim injector/warlord trait in our case)

You roll to save the wound, not the damage, don't you? The damage comes after attempting to save the wound (and Feel No Pain etc).

nic
Kroot'La

Post#4 » Jun 17 2017 01:37

Maxwell wrote:Ok so question already. Are we supposed to be rolling multiple saves for multiple damage attacks? If I take an attack of 6 damage I roll 6 saves? Or is this only for the special abilities (stim injector/warlord trait in our case)

I think the FAQ cleared that one up pretty well. One save prior to rolling damage - but then for special abilities which discount wounds you make one roll per damage received. So if a riptide with Stims takes a hit from a Melta it would be one save at 5+, if that fails and the Melta then rolls a 6 then it would be 6 attempts to roll 6+ for the Stims. If you also have Sense of Stone you would get two attempts at 6+ for each of those 6 damage generated.

If the initial 5+ passes then do not roll for damage - the Riptide is unhurt.

Kudos to GW for having this out on release day.

BillyBones
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jun 17 2017 01:45

I agree with most of the stuff, but the logic of rerolls and modifiers is stupid and will greatly complicate the game.

Oh and gets hot also got nastier - for example shooting with overcharge profiles on heavy weapon after moving means that on roll of 2 you will get fried and won't get the chance to reroll.

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jun 17 2017 01:55

You can almost feel the facepalming in their answer for the last question on <Regiment> and <Chapter> keywords with the same time. Its like they are dying to just say "Don't be a jerk, guys. You know exactly what we meant.".

Maxwell
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jun 17 2017 02:04

BillyBones wrote:Oh and gets hot also got nastier - for example shooting with overcharge profiles on heavy weapon after moving means that on roll of 2 you will get fried and won't get the chance to reroll.

Agree that is pretty rough...time for target lock.

khayman
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jun 17 2017 02:05

QimRas wrote:You can almost feel the facepalming in their answer for the last question on <Regiment> and <Chapter> keywords with the same time. Its like they are dying to just say "Don't be a jerk, guys. You know exactly what we meant.".

Definitely a facepalm answer. A more serious answer has already been given by GW : Replacing <Sept> with "Blood Angels" results in "Blood Angels" + "Sept" = "Blood Angels Sept". Replacing <Chapter> with "Blood Angels" results in "Blood Angels" + "Chapter" = "Blood Angels Chapter".

nic
Kroot'La

Post#9 » Jun 17 2017 02:06

BillyBones wrote:I agree with most of the stuff, but the logic of rerolls and modifiers is stupid and will greatly complicate the game.

Oh and gets hot also got nastier - for example shooting with overcharge profiles on heavy weapon after moving means that on roll of 2 you will get fried and won't get the chance to reroll.

I think we can now see why that bonus for 3 markerlights is so worthwhile, without it I would be tempted to model my Ion Rifle pathfinders as the Crack Suicide Squad from Life of Brian.

boomwolf
Shas'La

Post#10 » Jun 17 2017 02:16

The reroll logic is really twisted.

On the other hand, deepstrike/infiltrators/etc count against deployed model count for purposes of who gets first turn. this is pretty big.

Return to “General Discussion”