Stormsurge stabilizing anchors and destroyer missiles

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
gualtikhan
Shas

Re: Stormsurge stabilizing anchors and destroyer missiles

Post#19 » Jul 06 2017 12:26

AnonAmbientLight wrote:Destroyer Missiles are some of the best weapons in the game. It's one of the only ones I can think of that put out mortal wounds in a 60'' radius. Not many armies that I know of is able to achieve mortal wounds at that range. It also has the potential to fire these shots very accurately.

You could essentially one shot Robutee Guilliman from across the board with just the four missiles with good dice rolls. Ridiculous.

Well, don't totally agree with that, first of all you need two marker, which are 36", than keep in mind that they are only 8 wound if they all hit and against a lot of targets they do very little. Moreover Guilliman is a character with less than 10 wounds, so unless your opponent is going to do something really stupid you can forget that.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#20 » Jul 06 2017 12:42

gualtikhan wrote:
AnonAmbientLight wrote:Destroyer Missiles are some of the best weapons in the game. It's one of the only ones I can think of that put out mortal wounds in a 60'' radius. Not many armies that I know of is able to achieve mortal wounds at that range. It also has the potential to fire these shots very accurately.

You could essentially one shot Robutee Guilliman from across the board with just the four missiles with good dice rolls. Ridiculous.

Well, don't totally agree with that, first of all you need two marker, which are 36", than keep in mind that they are only 8 wound if they all hit and against a lot of targets they do very little. Moreover Guilliman is a character with less than 10 wounds, so unless your opponent is going to do something really stupid you can forget that.

This is an example of hardcore nitpicking.

The point was to show how strong the Stormsurge is and to give an idea of what could be done with it.

They also do not have to roll to wound. You roll to hit, then roll a D3. Four shots total gives you a maximum of 12 mortal wounds at 60'' range. There's really no other unit in the game that can do that.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Jul 06 2017 12:49

AnonAmbientLight wrote:
They also do not have to roll to wound. You roll to hit, then roll a D3. Four shots total gives you a maximum of 12 mortal wounds at 60'' range. There's really no other unit in the game that can do that.

Unless your me, i got 5 markerlight hits on turn 1 and unloaded my destroyer missiles at a Leman Russ, i rolled three 2's and a 1 :?

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#22 » Jul 06 2017 12:53

Lechai Skull wrote:
AnonAmbientLight wrote:

Unless your me, i got 5 markerlight hits on turn 1 and unloaded my destroyer missiles at a Leman Russ, i rolled three 2's and a 1 :?

Command Point Re-roll the 1!

I think the Destroyer Missiles are best suited against tough to kill models like 2+/4++ characters IMO. Someone like St. Celestine.

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Jul 06 2017 01:01

AnonAmbientLight wrote:Command Point Re-roll the 1! .

Well i had 5 marker hits, so i got te reroll the 1 anyway, then i used a CP and rerolled one of the 2's
got a 2 and 5, 1 hit out of 4.

Then i rolled 1 for the damage :(

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#24 » Jul 06 2017 01:07

Yikes. Bad luck!

The potential is there though, don't let it get you down!

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Jul 06 2017 01:17

AnonAmbientLight wrote:Yikes. Bad luck!

The potential is there though, don't let it get you down!

Yeah, i know it's there, hence why i took him. though TBH i find the Y'vahra better at popping vehicles than a stormsurge. But getting tau battlesuit/vehicles all up and close to the enemy can get risky really quick.

Return to “General Discussion”