New 8th FAQ

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Panzer
Shas'Saal

New 8th FAQ

Post#1 » Jul 02 2017 12:22

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: New 8th FAQ

Post#2 » Jul 02 2017 12:23

- Saviour Protocols got changed. If we allocate a wound to nearby Drones, it suffers a mortal wound instead of the actual damage.
That means no saves for the Drone. Makes Shield Drones pretty much useless all over again. Wtf GW. :-?

- The Ghostkeels Stealth Drones lost the "This is cumulative with the Ghostkeel Electrowarfare Suite ability" passage.

- Long Strike gives himself +1 to-hit as well now

- Drone Controller got clarified that it doesn't stack (replaced 'a' with 'any')

That's all. No actual FAQ part, just the Errata for T'au. I'm definitely NOT pleased with the changes!
Last edited by Panzer on Jul 02 2017 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jul 02 2017 12:28

ammm... It's just me or we are only faction without FAQ and all changes in our indexes were nerfs??? O_o
Even Ghostkeel... Why...

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jul 02 2017 12:29

WTH is "succesfully wounds"? After to wound roll? After failed save roll? After actualy removing wounds after damage roll, feelno pain etc.?

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jul 02 2017 12:32

Aren't shield drones an invul save which applies to mortal wounds? If anything that makes them more useful assuming I'm remembering correctly. Took a look and yeah it doesn't stop them. Well that makes them useless. Strange.

It's a buff. It says change that to the first sentence. So the cumulative rule still applies. So this is a net buff.
Last edited by Jacket on Jul 02 2017 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Jul 02 2017 12:35

Jacket wrote:Aren't shield drones an invul save which applies to mortal wounds? If anything that makes them more useful assuming I'm remembering correctly.

Mortal wounds ignore even invul saves.

-ATS now works in close combat,they changed basic cc weapon from "-" to "0"

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jul 02 2017 12:35

Gragagrogog wrote:WTH is "succesfully wounds"? After to wound roll? After failed save roll? After actualy removing wounds after damage roll, feelno pain etc.?

Successfully wounds is managing the to-wound roll including all modifier. So before saves.

Atzilla
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jul 02 2017 12:36

Invulnerable doesn't apply to mortal wounds.

Plus side:
ATS works in melee
Longstrike buffs his own shooting

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Jul 02 2017 12:36

Gragagrogog wrote:-ATS now works in close combat,they changed basic cc weapon from "-" to "0"

lol wat?
Okay screw Ghostkeel and hello Coldstar lmao

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Jul 02 2017 12:39

It's a buff. It says change that to the first sentence. So the cumulative rule still applies. So this is a net buff for Ghostkeel. Calm down folks.

relasine
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#11 » Jul 02 2017 12:44

Jacket wrote:It's a buff. It says change that to the first sentence. So the cumulative rule still applies. So this is a net buff for Ghostkeel. Calm down folks.

This is my interpretation as well. The core rules still say that buffs stack, and these are buffs from multiple distinct sources. Ghostkeel wasn't harmed here.

The Saviour Protocol change is mostly a nerf. The good news is that attacks from sources that deal multiple wounds (Lascannons, Melta weapons, etc.) get reduced to a single mortal wound. So, if you have multiple Drones in a unit, only one will take a single Mortal Wound.

The statements on Shield Drones seem accurate on my reading. There is very little reason to take them now.

Drakshaa
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Jul 02 2017 12:48

Well I guess it's gun drones all the way then. Shield drones brief moment in the sun for my army is gone.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Jul 02 2017 12:49

Q. Do units that are not Infantry (Vehicles, Monsters
etc.) gain the benefit of cover from woods, ruins etc. if they are at
least 50% obscured by that piece of terrain but are not actually
on or within it?
A. No. Unless they are Infantry, such a unit must meet
the two following conditions to gain the benefit of cover:
• All of its models must be either on or within the terrain.
• The unit must be at least 50% obscured from the point
of view of the firer (note that it doesn’t matter what is
obscuring the target, only that it is obscured).

So it seems my interpretation of the rules was right all along unfortunately. ;)

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Jul 02 2017 12:50

Isn't that how it already worked with drones blocking damage? Multi wound damage doesn't skip to another target if I am remembering the rules correctly.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Jul 02 2017 12:51

relasine wrote:The Saviour Protocol change is mostly a nerf. The good news is that attacks from sources that deal multiple wounds (Lascannons, Melta weapons, etc.) get reduced to a single mortal wound. So, if you have multiple Drones in a unit, only one will take a single Mortal Wound.

It worked that way before since you allocate wounds and not damage to the unit. A Drone always could have soaked up the whole d6 damage from a Lascannon shot with a single model. But now it also lost its 4+ armor (and 4++ for the Shield Drone) against anything with less than AP-3.

relasine
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#16 » Jul 02 2017 12:51

Jacket wrote:Isn't that how it already worked with drones blocking damage? Multi wound damage doesn't skip to another target if I am remembering the rules correctly.

You're correct, save for sources that deliver multiple Mortal Wounds. I was half-right.

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#17 » Jul 02 2017 01:00

Srsly, is this how it's gonna work? They just nerf a unit by 50% one day out of the blue? I thought this was "the most tested edition yet"

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Jul 02 2017 01:05

Jacket wrote:It's a buff. It says change that to the first sentence. So the cumulative rule still applies. So this is a net buff for Ghostkeel. Calm down folks.

Oh I see. So it's in fact just a clarification (not a buff either). The only thing that changed is "....Ghostkeel Battlesuit within 3" of a friendly Stealth Drone...." to "....Ghostkeel Battlesuit that is within 3" of a friendly Stealth Drone...."

God dammit my heart, GW! :D

Return to “General Discussion”