Tournament list BAO

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
halogod786
Shas'Saal

Tournament list BAO

Post#1 » Jul 03 2017 02:19

Hello Commanders
I'm going to the Bay Area Open a major tournament for 40k I am bringing a list that requires some thought I feel like I'm missing something.

The list:

Patrol detatchemnt
Ethereal
30 firewarriors
12 shield drones

Supream command Detatchemnt
4 commanders with 3 BC and ATS

Superheavy Aux
Taunar Supreamacy Armor

The problem is quite clear I need a better way of dealing with horde infantry while the Taunar has Anti infintry capabilitys it doesent quite pack enough power while the firewarriors have helped they are a more stationary task force.

The Taunar provides more then enough Anti armor I don't need anymore of it I need more Anti infintry that can fit within the confines of the list and this list is built around the Taunar. My preliminary games using him have been really well. Tableing 4 knights in 3 turns. And putting down the forces of chaos and killing Magnus turn 1 against a different army.

The drones are still good because people will target them and they get a 4+ invul save, if they are shooting the drones they are not shooting the Taunar.

This is a competitive list it's not meant to be lore friendly. The goal is to win BAO

What are your inputs on this list.

Vector Strike
Shas'La

Re: Tournament list BAO

Post#2 » Jul 03 2017 02:27

Why don't bring one of your 4 commanders to the patrol detachment and transform it into a batallion one? you'll get +3CP

Also, take heed of the newest FAQ - saviour protocols changes the allocated wound into mortal wound (so shield drones won't matter against it). With that in mind, people will certainly not shoot the drones, as simple bolter fire will become mortal wounds if you allocate them to the drones.

---
Wait, you have 30 FWs, 4 BC commanders and a ta'unar and you don't have enough horde killing power? BCs and FWs ARE our anti-horde tools (Ta'unar comes base with 4 SMS and 4 BCs)!
Although, for its price, nothing in our army can beat zounds of gun drones in this task

halogod786
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jul 03 2017 02:43

Hmm I did not think of that. For 7 command points not bad

Bolters will never get close enough to shoot at the unar lol.

I'll consider about taking out the drones and sub them for more firewarriors or gun drones.

Also with the unar and drones you have to have good judgment about when to take wounds on the Unar or the drones. To take 1 wound on the unar is fine but when laz cannons are shooting it is worth having the drones take it.

The Shrike
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jul 03 2017 07:36

What he meant was, you may as well take Gun Drones as post FAQ, Shield Drones are functionally useless. At least the Gun drones have the capability of shooting something, even if you don't intend for them to ever be in range to do so.

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jul 03 2017 09:56

id change your commanders into coldstars if you are looking to make them anti-horde

coldstars have a high yield burst (8 shots) and missile pod which leaves 2 support systems (ATS and Shield) Plus they have AWESOME mobility. Plus if you face something that isn't horde you can still hurt them with the missiles better than bursts.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#6 » Jul 04 2017 02:09

I'd argue that a CIB or MP Commander is a better anti-horde Commander than a Coldstar, however the Coldstar is just pure awesomeness and the mobility is really nice to grab some objectives the opponent didn't pay attention to...and of course lets him escape from situations he doesn't want to be in. :P

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jul 04 2017 03:40

Return to “General Discussion”