Upcoming T'au Codex

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Re: Upcoming T'au Codex

Post#757 » Nov 21 2017 04:04

Jacket wrote:
CDR_Farsight wrote:God this is depressing.....

I told you there are now Tau haters in power. Likely won't be dislodged for a lifetime. If our dex drops and it sucks I'm packing it in. Barring a massive change in frontline gaming's structure and/or GW's structure there is simply nothing we can do.

You don't have to tell me, lol. I'm the one who heard Reece say he hoped 8th edition would errata T'au out of existence like the squats. I also know that the eastern play testing group has been less than thrilled with how the west play testing group has been treating T'au.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#758 » Nov 21 2017 04:07

CDR_Farsight wrote:
Jacket wrote:
CDR_Farsight wrote:God this is depressing.....

I told you there are now Tau haters in power. Likely won't be dislodged for a lifetime. If our dex drops and it sucks I'm packing it in. Barring a massive change in frontline gaming's structure and/or GW's structure there is simply nothing we can do.

You don't have to tell me, lol. I'm the one who heard Reece say he hoped 8th edition would errata T'au out of existence like the squats. I also know that the eastern play testing group has been less than thrilled with how the west play testing group has been treating T'au.

Then we need civil war in the ITC. It's the only fair thing. One league calling all the shots like dictators is no good. We need an east and west split.

Edit
Damn that is actual proof you heard. I've heard he said some thing but never the specifics. Thanks for the ammo. It will go a long way for the cause.

AleksandrGRC
Shas'Saal

Post#759 » Nov 21 2017 04:15

Wait, who hates squats!?
Thats going in my book of grudges.

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#760 » Nov 21 2017 04:20

I heard a lot about this "Reece", could someone please explain me what is his problem?. Sorry if, don't mean offense for not know who he is

AleksandrGRC
Shas'Saal

Post#761 » Nov 21 2017 04:24

I read him saying in a argument in the comments at frontline gaming that
"He cant go into detail and wish he could tell us but tau has something great coming around the corner"

AenarIT
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#762 » Nov 21 2017 04:36

AleksandrGRC wrote:I read him saying in a argument in the comments at frontline gaming that
"He cant go into detail and wish he could tell us but tau has something great coming around the corner"

As long as it is not a great nerfhammer we should be fine :D

On a more serious note: complaining and expressing our disappointment is fine, but let's try to keep this discussion about the rumoured updates.

AleksandrGRC
Shas'Saal

Post#763 » Nov 21 2017 04:40

Our warlord gets to reroll 1s.
Im pretty stoked.
Feel free to erase this comment :)

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#764 » Nov 21 2017 05:12

El ZorDacK wrote:I heard a lot about this "Reece", could someone please explain me what is his problem?. Sorry if, don't mean offense for not know who he is

One of the founders of Frontline Gaming and hence the ITC. Reasonably prominent blogger and podcaster. Also has been one of the playtesters for 8th edition.

Considered by some Tau players to have a dislike of Tau or to hold the opinion that a strong Tau faction is not good for the health of the tournament scene. Whether those Tau players are being perceptive or unreasonable is entirely a matter of opinion.

Does that help?

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#765 » Nov 21 2017 05:43

If your really angry and disappointed in the ITC here is your chance to voice it. https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerCompe ... n_the_itc/

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#766 » Nov 21 2017 06:07

nic wrote:
El ZorDacK wrote:I heard a lot about this "Reece", could someone please explain me what is his problem?. Sorry if, don't mean offense for not know who he is

One of the founders of Frontline Gaming and hence the ITC. Reasonably prominent blogger and podcaster. Also has been one of the playtesters for 8th edition.

Considered by some Tau players to have a dislike of Tau or to hold the opinion that a strong Tau faction is not good for the health of the tournament scene. Whether those Tau players are being perceptive or unreasonable is entirely a matter of opinion.

Does that help?

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#767 » Nov 21 2017 06:14

nic wrote:

Well. Thank You, Im not following none of those social networks. I think his dislike is very clear, however I supose is more a Gag or comic relief than a genuine hatred...
Going back to the matter of this tread, hope to see JSJ coming back, it qas the flavor of the army.

Does that help?[/quote]

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#768 » Nov 21 2017 06:35

No it's alright. Reece is one of the founders of Frontlinegaming, and holds some of the ITC events here in the US. His group and the tournaments he runs are some of the higher end competitive scenes. He has also been a play-tester for 8th edition for GW.

Most posters on this forum hate him, and think the ITC has it out for T'au in general, which is simply baseless.

In 7th edition, the ITC voted to allow all T'au Forgeworld models in competitive play with no restrictions. If he had it out for T'au or if the community had it out for T'au, Forgeworld models would have gotten the axe.

T'au continued to do well in 6th and in 7th edition. What really caught the ire of posters here was when the ITC in-house FAQ'd the 7th edition formation rule, Coordinated Firepower. This rule would then be properly FAQ'd by GW to match. The way that people on here were suggesting it worked was bonkers to begin with anyway, with a different interpretation depending on who you asked.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

ErSe0831
Shas'Saal

Post#769 » Nov 21 2017 06:39

AleksandrGRC wrote:Our warlord gets to reroll 1s.
Im pretty stoked.
Feel free to erase this comment :)

If the rumours are true it's actually re-roll failed to hit. On a commander that might seem redundant but I guess you sometimes end up shooting at something with -to hit in which case it would actually help :)

I think the relic is really weird fluff-wise. What kind of device would improve shooting/damage potential (once) AND at the same time (indefinitely) improve the tactical capabilities of the army (e.i. get extra CP) because of something the enemy does? :-?

Edit: Not complaining, I'll gladly take both but it seems like a strange combination :P
Last edited by ErSe0831 on Nov 21 2017 06:42, edited 1 time in total.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#770 » Nov 21 2017 06:42

Jacket wrote:If your really angry and disappointed in the ITC here is your chance to voice it. https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerCompe ... n_the_itc/

No offense, but that thread is garbage. The guy has no proof and can't even pull up concrete examples of T'au discrimination when asked. "I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a friend" is not proof or even a starting point.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#771 » Nov 21 2017 06:45

AnonAmbientLight wrote:
Jacket wrote:If your really angry and disappointed in the ITC here is your chance to voice it. https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerCompe ... n_the_itc/

No offense, but that thread is garbage. The guy has no proof and can't even pull up concrete examples of T'au discrimination when asked. "I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a friend" is not proof or even a starting point.

I agree with you that there's still room for optimism. However, if these rumors are true, about the stratagems and whatnot, then that certainly is cause for concern.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#772 » Nov 21 2017 06:59

The guy is unable to produce any amount of evidence and what "evidence" he does have is a friend of a friend testimony and his own personal speculation.

Edit: The existence of my signature is based off of hysterical posts like that guy in the reddit thread.

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#773 » Nov 21 2017 07:30

I don’t they would put out the Tau battle force if they were trying to phase Tau out. I believe our codex is gonna do great! Every codex so far has been great. So will ours!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#774 » Nov 21 2017 08:06

DancinHobo wrote:I don’t they would put out the Tau battle force if they were trying to phase Tau out. I believe our codex is gonna do great! Every codex so far has been great. So will ours!

They're obviously not going to remove Tau. It's just the (conspiracy) theory that some of the playtesters don't like Tau, and want to see them do badly.

Return to “General Discussion”