Upcoming T'au Codex

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Upcoming T'au Codex

Post#109 » Jul 19 2017 05:39

Cities of death is fun. I still have a battered, second hand copy of the original release of citied of death. Man, city fights are fun. Although of forge world keeps going with their zone mortalis kel'shan will be great. (Shipboard combat, CQC, and all that)
Can't wait for tash'var rules. Wonder what they'll be?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#110 » Jul 19 2017 05:43

Yeah Cities of death games are definitely my most favorite type of games.
People always look confused when a T'au player tells them that they prefer to have super dense terrain with lots of line of sight blocking terrain. :D

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#111 » Jul 19 2017 05:50

It's called markerlights and breachers :D Flyers don't care how much terrain is in between two armies either. Dense terrain makes so much more sense than 2-3 trees and a hill or 2. Smaller scale games are also more fun. Combat patrol ftw.

Overheal
Shas'Saal

Post#112 » Jul 19 2017 12:37

And those HYMP and SMS

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#113 » Jul 21 2017 08:53

Okay so Imperial Fists not only get ignore cover army-wide, they also get a warlord trait that lets units within 6" basically ignore AP-1 weapons. That's pretty sick in Cities of Death games! Now I kinda hope Sa'Cea gets something equally awesome for urban warfare. :D

Oh and Black Templar got a stratagem that allows them for 1 CP to deny a psychic power within 24" on a 4+, so that's possibly something we could get as well in one form or another for Ethereals.

Here is the whole article: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/21/chapter-focus-the-imperial-fists-crimson-fists-and-black-templars-july21gw-homepage-post-3/

(on warhammer TV they revealed the Imperial Fist Stratagem: any 6 on to-hit rolls of Bolter generate an additional hit)

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#114 » Jul 21 2017 09:14

Relics cost command points!

1CP per relics.

Rizzle
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#115 » Jul 21 2017 09:33

Panzer wrote:Relics cost command points!

1CP per relics.

Oooo! I like this design space, and it explains the extracts we've seen now that we know they are 'drop in' replacements for existing kit.

Is it known whether they are "bought" at the list building stage or deployment? Being a CP cost and not a points cost might allow for some flexibility.

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#116 » Jul 21 2017 09:58

1CP per relics.

I missed that on the article - where is it?

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#117 » Jul 21 2017 10:00

Watch ours be 2CP each and single use only.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

fraction64
Shas'Saal

Post#118 » Jul 21 2017 09:04

Actually relics cost points. The warlord is allowed to pay for and equip 1 relic (Not named characters).
At least Space Marines have a stratagem that lets them either spend 1 cp to give 1 relic to another character or 3cp to give a relic to two other characters.
Different relics for each of course.

boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#119 » Jul 22 2017 03:47

fraction64 wrote:Actually relics cost points. The warlord is allowed to pay for and equip 1 relic (Not named characters).
At least Space Marines have a stratagem that lets them either spend 1 cp to give 1 relic to another character or 3cp to give a relic to two other characters.
Different relics for each of course.

Where is this info coming form? have not seen anything about this.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#120 » Jul 22 2017 04:58

Vector Strike wrote:

1CP per relics.

I missed that on the article - where is it?

Afaik it got said on the stream. Only copied it from a post on B&C from someone who was posting things said on warhammerTV.

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#121 » Jul 22 2017 05:58

And so the days of Buffmander are gone...

On the other hand, Relics for everyone! Brigade detachment, here I come

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#122 » Jul 22 2017 06:41

Weren't the days of Buffmander gone quite some time ago? Like with release of the Index? :D

Also someone on B&C confirmed that the first Relic is free, the second cost 1CP, the third 2CP. And only one per model.

boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#123 » Jul 22 2017 07:46

Ok, saw on the web some guy going over the entire codex (on vid), not sure how legal is it to post it here.

However, holy hell stratgems are awesome, really pushes the whole "get CPs" thing, even beyond the fact relics costs CP.

Relics seems good, they are mostly just upgrades on top of regular gear (improved artificer armor, improved storm shield, improved flag, super chainsword, etc)
The fact one is free means you'll parctically always see one, the second relic costs 1CP so you'll likely see two, not sure about buying a third for 2CP though, CP are awesome, and flexible in their use mid-game, relics are more rigid and generally just give a numerical edge, rather than a tactical ability.

Unless you are raven guard, thier relic is freaking awesome (super jet pack, charge after running, and reroll charge range. you ARE getting there.)

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#124 » Jul 22 2017 07:53

Black Templars have no psykers and so they get a stratagem to deny a psyker through pure willpower.
If I could just think of another race which is not affine to the warp.
We already got some heroic morale through Bonding Knife.
Maybe we get some Psi-Buffs like denying for CPs or a debuff for enemy psykers which try to use any powers on T'au Empire units.

(The signature of T'au is hard to see in the warp. The enemy psyker has to distract 1 from each die if he tries to manifest a psi power which is directed at a T'au Empire unit.)

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#125 » Jul 22 2017 02:39

Panzer wrote:Weren't the days of Buffmander gone quite some time ago? Like with release of the Index? :D

Also someone on B&C confirmed that the first Relic is free, the second cost 1CP, the third 2CP. And only one per model.

I was expecting to see our signature systems back as they were

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#126 » Jul 22 2017 06:14

At least they might not fill a slot for a weapon or support system.

Return to “General Discussion”