Upcoming T'au Codex

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Upcoming T'au Codex

Post#433 » Oct 11 2017 03:44

So apparently Craftworld Eldar getting a new Start Collecting box soon.

Since our SC box hasn't been available for a while I think it's somewhat safe to say that we're getting a new one at some point in the future as well.
Wonder what'll be in there and how good the value will be since the only stuff fitting for such a box that I'm missing is the stuff that's in the current one lol .... maybe 1-2 Piranha or a Broadside?

deathboon
Shas'Saal

Post#434 » Oct 11 2017 05:37

Wow!! That's a solid set! I hope its ours is as good.

FAKA
Shas

Post#435 » Oct 12 2017 01:10

It feels like the trend for GW is to introduce something new to the factions as well as updating the codex, however that "something new" is not a big introduction, but just some new models and some new units.

With this trend, I am hoping to see something for Tau too. Some human troops would be nice I think, giving our elite armies a little big more bodies on the table. Or maybe just some new kroot units.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#436 » Oct 12 2017 01:34

FAKA wrote:It feels like the trend for GW is to introduce something new to the factions as well as updating the codex, however that "something new" is not a big introduction, but just some new models and some new units.

With this trend, I am hoping to see something for Tau too. Some human troops would be nice I think, giving our elite armies a little big more bodies on the table. Or maybe just some new kroot units.

I don't see that trend.
Grey Knights didn't get a new model, just a "here, you can use your Dreadknight as HQ as well now!", CSM didn't get a new model just a new use for one (minor HQ), AdMech didn't get anything new at all, AM didn't get anything new either.

Maybe we'll get a minor HQ as well but that's really pushing it considering the Fireblade already fills that role well.

FAKA
Shas

Post#437 » Oct 12 2017 01:41

Panzer wrote:
FAKA wrote:It feels like the trend for GW is to introduce something new to the factions as well as updating the codex, however that "something new" is not a big introduction, but just some new models and some new units.

I don't see that trend.
Grey Knights didn't get a new model, just a "here, you can use your Dreadknight as HQ as well now!", CSM didn't get a new model just a new use for one (minor HQ), AdMech didn't get anything new at all, AM didn't get anything new either.

Maybe we'll get a minor HQ as well but that's really pushing it considering the Fireblade already fills that role well.

I was referring to AM, SM and Death guard, but fare enough. I just want to see something new for the Tau. Even if its just updating old models.

nix0n
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#438 » Oct 12 2017 02:45

I doubt all SC boxes will be updated. Weren't they introduced in 6th/7th edition? So naturally some of the units inside have probably changed their characteristics after 8th release. That's why the necessary update.
Tau box looks just fine in terms of no dramatic changes, for example Xv8 becoming a heavy support or fire warriors an elite type (wasn't there such problem in the Ork SC box regardimg the HQ unit). So obviously that one will get an update too.

Also, wasn't there rumor about a non Tau releases for the Tau Empire? I'd guess those would launch with the new codex.

Just my two cents...
Cheers!
Nix

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#439 » Oct 12 2017 10:32

Both Craftworld Eldar AND tyranids get a new Start Collecting box, and if I'm remembering my recent trip to my local warhammer store correctly, they both already HAD start collecting boxes. The Eldar with a fireprism and some bikes, and Nids with a Hive Tyrant, some warriors, and some gargoyles.

For those trying to predict the release line-up, word on the street (at least, the anonymous, somewhat vile information super-back alleys) is that Nids codex goes on preorder Nov 4th, and no word on Eldar dex. Maybe before, maybe after.

As far as what's in a potential new Start Collecting Tau box, one can only guess. If it's like these two xenos armies, and contains no part of a previous SC box, then I'd guess it'd be similar to the Burning Dawn box: Pathfinders, Stealth Suits, and a non-hover drone HQ.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#440 » Oct 12 2017 01:02

SinisterSamurai wrote:Both Craftworld Eldar AND tyranids get a new Start Collecting box, and if I'm remembering my recent trip to my local warhammer store correctly, they both already HAD start collecting boxes. The Eldar with a fireprism and some bikes, and Nids with a Hive Tyrant, some warriors, and some gargoyles.

For those trying to predict the release line-up, word on the street (at least, the anonymous, somewhat vile information super-back alleys) is that Nids codex goes on preorder Nov 4th, and no word on Eldar dex. Maybe before, maybe after.

As far as what's in a potential new Start Collecting Tau box, one can only guess. If it's like these two xenos armies, and contains no part of a previous SC box, then I'd guess it'd be similar to the Burning Dawn box: Pathfinders, Stealth Suits, and a non-hover drone HQ.

No need for back alley rumours. The proof is right here. :D

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#441 » Oct 12 2017 01:25

The old one for reference

pek
Shas

Post#442 » Oct 12 2017 03:26

I saw a "new" Tau Start Collecting Box in Gothenburg, Sweden. Unfortunately the box seemed to have the same content as before, exactly the same images. But clearly now it was reboxed. It had the new "Start Collecting" graphics and it stood it was from 2017.

So my bet would no news for Tau Start Collecting boxes. At least not for now.

shasocastris
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#443 » Oct 12 2017 07:19

Are these from the November edition of White Dwarf?

Cheers!

deathboon
Shas'Saal

Post#444 » Oct 12 2017 11:03

As a FSE player, I'd love a T'au box that was a commander, 3 x crisis, a broadside, and all accompanying drones.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#445 » Oct 13 2017 01:38

deathboon wrote:As a FSE player, I'd love a T'au box that was a commander, 3 x crisis, a broadside, and all accompanying drones.

So basically boxes with models worth of 140€? That would be one hell of value. :D

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#446 » Oct 13 2017 01:35

Panzer wrote:
deathboon wrote:As a FSE player, I'd love a T'au box that was a commander, 3 x crisis, a broadside, and all accompanying drones.

So basically boxes with models worth of 140€? That would be one hell of value. :D

Add a riptide to it. Start Collecting! The Eight!

deathboon
Shas'Saal

Post#447 » Oct 13 2017 02:54

Eh, in USD, the price isn't that far off, maybe $30 more than the Eldar box, so drop the broadside and replace with a stealth team.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#448 » Oct 13 2017 10:33

I'd love a Index-themed set that was two Commanders and thirty-two Gun Drones :P

But do you all really think we're getting a new starter set? If the rumors are true and we're getting a new "alien-themed release" or something like that, maybe a starter set won't be coming out, at least for now.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#449 » Oct 14 2017 06:59

Maybe it will be a T'au Empire - Kroot Start Collecting box. :P

relasine
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#450 » Oct 14 2017 08:53

I'm not confident in a new Start Collecting option for T'au. The old box just got repackaged over the last month or so.

Return to “General Discussion”