Upcoming T'au Codex

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Upcoming T'au Codex

Post#739 » Nov 20 2017 01:29

Nymphomanius wrote:From wet-blankets-R-us.com most likely :D

Haters gunna hate

While a lot of jacket's posts make me cringe too, I want to remind you that its not nice to say mean things about other members on these boards, and that your response is actually a breach of the member guidelines:
1) Treat each other with respect whilst using family-appropriate language.

I urge you to avoid this in the future or moderator intervention will be requested.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#740 » Nov 20 2017 11:33

From the latest post on Warhammer Community : "Come back tomorrow when we’ll be looking at one of the most exciting features in the book – expanded rules for 11 factions currently without a codex, including stratagems, warlord traits and relics…"

Yuuuuuss

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#741 » Nov 20 2017 01:40

Haechi wrote:From the latest post on Warhammer Community : "Come back tomorrow when we’ll be looking at one of the most exciting features in the book – expanded rules for 11 factions currently without a codex, including stratagems, warlord traits and relics…"

Yuuuuuss

Even if it's 1 or 2 of each even warlord traits and relics make a difference

Roll on tomorrow #initfortheonager :D

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Post#742 » Nov 20 2017 02:26

As a narrative player I am stoked about the Stronghold Assault and Planetstrike missions. The ones in the main book are just a small taste, and ever so much fun. And yesterday they mentioned some epic Apocalypse stuff coming up. I am really hoping to see more Death From The Skies (which I can highly recommend). Remoras absolutely dominate Death From The Skies.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-3/

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#743 » Nov 21 2017 12:04

Nymphomanius wrote:
Haechi wrote:From the latest post on Warhammer Community : "Come back tomorrow when we’ll be looking at one of the most exciting features in the book – expanded rules for 11 factions currently without a codex, including stratagems, warlord traits and relics…"

Yuuuuuss

Even if it's 1 or 2 of each even warlord traits and relics make a difference

Roll on tomorrow #initfortheonager :D

Latest article confirms that Tau will be getting at least one warlord trait, relic, and stratagem in Chapter approved.
There are possibly more changes, but specifics (for Tau) are in short supply.

5-Cents
Shas

Post#744 » Nov 21 2017 12:14

Where is this article? It’s not on Warhammer Community

Edit: Ah, there it is
Last edited by 5-Cents on Nov 21 2017 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#745 » Nov 21 2017 12:20

5-Cents wrote:Where is this article? It’s not on Warhammer Community

it is for me.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-3/

Apparently, this confirms some leaks from bloodofkittens. Those leaks contain zero Tau information, as well.

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#746 » Nov 21 2017 01:18

I hope our stratagem is combined fire esqe, something like the AM overlapping fields of fire.

But then again the orks got something to boost their shooting so we will probably get +1 to hit in CC :)

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#747 » Nov 21 2017 02:36

Hahaha. People had hope. :P

Tau
Warlord Traits
1. re-roll failed to hit rolls if they have if they have not moved this turn
2. the Warlord can advance and shoot as if it had not moved
Relic- 1 time per game, you may re-roll a single hit roll, wound roll, or damage roll for the bearer or a unit within 6". Also each time a stratagem is used by opponent, roll a d6 and if a 6 is rolled, gain 1CP
Stratagem- use when an enemy unit is hit by a marker light, gain d3+1 markerlight counters next to the unit

AenarIT
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#748 » Nov 21 2017 02:58

Jacket wrote:Hahaha. People had hope. :P

Tau
Warlord Traits
Relic- 1 time per game, you may re-roll a single hit roll, wound roll, or damage roll for the bearer or a unit within 6". Also each time a stratagem is used by opponent, roll a d6 and if a 6 is rolled, gain 1CP
Stratagem- use when an enemy unit is hit by a marker light, gain d3+1 markerlight counters next to the unit

Pretty underwhelming to be honest. Assuming this rumour is true of course

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#749 » Nov 21 2017 03:11

Jacket wrote:Hahaha. People had hope. :P

Tau
Warlord Traits

A relic that saves me 1CP on a re-roll and maybe gives me another CP or two in the game.
Warlord traits that are always-on single model versions of Kauyon and Mont'ka
A Stratagem that I would use like every single shooting phase ever.

A mixed bag. No idea what the source is but seems credible and in line with the leaked stuff for other factions. Not great, not going to stop us all wanting our Codex ASAP. I would still use them.

The real big deal in the book for Tau will be the points changes. If they are roughly in line with what happened with the Eldar Codex it will make a significant difference.

Not quite sure what to make of the new scenarios yet. The one spitting your army into 3 could be weird but whether it works well for Tau may depend on how the 1/2 reserves rule applies to that scenario (if it does). If we can Manta strike in a significant force to exploit a partially deployed opponent it would give us a good counter to those armies that fill their entire backfield to block our deployment tricks.

AleksandrGRC
Shas'Saal

Post#750 » Nov 21 2017 03:13

Its got to be a joke

Warlord rerolling to hit if it don't move

Warlords who don't move are like 90% likely to be a 2+ with rr 1s anyways. And the commander has the same thing but with an aura.

Like even stacking it with the opposite commamder ability. Advancing and shooting as if i havnt moved
Then rerolling to hits becausebi didnt move. Meh

Like if this is real, its as if the person did not even read the index.

Markerlight one is ok. If you don't already swear off markerlights. Mid game after you have taken losses to your sources you can shore up their effectivness. Thats worth having. Mitigating losses to our support will be nice when its one of the first targets our opponents kill.
Last edited by AleksandrGRC on Nov 21 2017 03:34, edited 2 times in total.

boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#751 » Nov 21 2017 03:19

Sad part? this is miles ahead of what my other army (thousand sons) is getting according to the same rumor source.

At least the relic does a little, and the second trait helps a coldstar quite a bit (if you would even warlord a coldstar X_X)

A stratagem I'll never use, because at the moment I really don't bother with markerlights to begin with-the entire markerlight system is broken to begin with and it can only be useless, or made cheap enough to be broken.

Point changes might help, but currently I'm not seeing much that changes anything.

I'm currently taking the rumors with some salt, as the value of the things different factions get by the rumors fluctuate very wildly in power and worth, from being utterly useless for some, to amazing for other. (and in some cases making no sense)

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#752 » Nov 21 2017 03:43

I know people think I'm negative, the only small hope I have is the points changes. I expect the worst though. If the points changes are also crap then we know our dex is purposely being built badly and there is no hope.

Edit
So far Faeit has been dead on with these rules with GW previewing a few and confirming it. So barring a miracle these are correct.

AleksandrGRC
Shas'Saal

Post#753 » Nov 21 2017 03:50

five out of six of our stratagems are reroll ones :).
And they fixed the underpriced commamders in drones.
GW has been noted saying "tau are right where they should be, all other things are looking up"

AenarIT
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#754 » Nov 21 2017 03:53

Let's hope for a nice balancing in point costs. I have to be honest: I'm not that confident nor optimistic.

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment". :sad:

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#755 » Nov 21 2017 03:55

God this is depressing.....
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#756 » Nov 21 2017 04:00

CDR_Farsight wrote:God this is depressing.....

I told you there are now Tau haters in power. Likely won't be dislodged for a lifetime. If our dex drops and it sucks I'm packing it in. Barring a massive change in frontline gaming's structure and/or GW's structure there is simply nothing we can do.

Return to “General Discussion”