Upcoming T'au Codex

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Nymphomanius
Shas

Re: Upcoming T'au Codex

Post#325 » Sep 12 2017 01:03

Czar Ziggy wrote:Ow what I find interesting in today's Ad mech preview is the war Lord trait. It allows units to shoot their regular weapons in the assault phase while locked in combat. They have to target the unit they are locked with, but that sounds good for us if we get something like that. Especially breachers.

Czar Ziggy

If it's lord of war probably not breachers but would make the Stormsurge much appealing

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#326 » Sep 12 2017 01:30

The rule talks about Rapid Fire and Assault Weapons and they act in the same way as pistols do.

I like two parts as they open doors for possible nice T'au rules:
First:
The Mars faction rule works on all units (unlike Space Marines' rules).
Second:
A sweet CP-ability to buff a certain unit. Making a whole sub-faction focus on an upgraded unit opens interesting lists.

(Not a wish but imagine Pathfinders able to shoot their weapons or another rounds of markerlights after the first markerlight-barrage for 2 CP. Small change but that would have an huge impact on my lists.)

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#327 » Sep 12 2017 01:49

Ricordis wrote:The Mars faction rule works on all units (unlike Space Marines' rules).

We don't know that yet. There could easily be a sentence in that section saying "Forge World dogma affect only Infantry, X and Y.
Another reason why something like that is missing could be simply because AdMech has basically only like three different unit types (Infantry, Vehicles and Creature/Monster....whatever the keyword is Kastellans have).

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#328 » Sep 12 2017 02:06

Panzer wrote:
Ricordis wrote:The Mars faction rule works on all units (unlike Space Marines' rules).

We don't know that yet.

Community Article: Forge World Mars wrote:Adeptus Mechanicus armies benefit from a powerful forge world dogma – equivalent to Legion Traits or Chapter Tactics – which apply to every unit in an Adeptus Mechanicus army, not just your infantry!

The rule

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#329 » Sep 12 2017 02:18

I see. Missed that part.
However my other point still stands. They don't exactly have a ton of different unit types to exclude any specific type of unit in the first place. ^^

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#330 » Sep 12 2017 02:56

And still there is no "general rule" on the table anymore saying which units have to be affected.
So my point also stands ;)
Are we even now? ^^

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#331 » Sep 12 2017 03:09

mechanicus have only walker and infantry, so no point in specifying those.

I really doubt a <SEPT> rule will affect a Hammerhead

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#332 » Sep 12 2017 03:34

This forum is so full of cynical pessimists.
Is no one here able to hope for the best anymore?
Is the 8th edition word for word exactly what you imagined when it was announced?

Why shouldn't Hammerheads be able to profit from a Sept rule?

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#333 » Sep 12 2017 06:13

Ricordis wrote:Why shouldn't Hammerheads be able to profit from a Sept rule?

When it comes to these sorts of rules, we've only really seen Space Marine Chapters as an example, which did not extend to traditional vehicles. It's not that Hammerheads "shouldn't" benefit from Sept rules, but rather that I doubt they will since Space Marine vehicles don't benefit from their own sub-faction rules.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#334 » Sep 12 2017 06:35

I'm a little cautious with regards to what Sept rules will affect as well. As more Codexes some out, it will paint a better picture. But this is the first non power armor codex coming out. I'll wait a bit longer to see how Guard and Eldar are doing theirs before I get my hopes up.

Czar Ziggy

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#335 » Sep 13 2017 06:08

Astra Militarum will be very interesting to see since apart from Battlesuits their army composition is pretty similar to what we have.

Nymphomanius
Shas

Post#336 » Sep 13 2017 06:19

Panzer wrote:Astra Militarum will be very interesting to see since apart from Battlesuits their army composition is pretty similar to what we have.

My omly worry with them is if they get some good tanith rules I may be tempted to start a guard army again :D

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#337 » Sep 13 2017 06:31

Ricordis wrote:This forum is so full of cynical pessimists.
Is no one here able to hope for the best anymore?
Is the 8th edition word for word exactly what you imagined when it was announced?

Why shouldn't Hammerheads be able to profit from a Sept rule?

It's not cynical pessimist, it's observation and deduction.

Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines codexes have these kind of units: Infantry, Vehicle (Walker), Vehicle, Bike, Vehicle (Flyer). Of all those, only Infantry, Bike and Vehicle (Walker) get the <CHAPTER>/<LEGION> traits.
These 2 armies are "complete" armies, like Tau are. Grey Knight, Mechanicum and Death Guard aren't, so there's not much point in applying their rules distribution to Tau as well.
In the same way, Tau has these types of units: Infantry, Battlesuit, Vehicle, Beast and Vehicle (Flyer). Why wold Vehicles of any kind get <SEPT> rules (which will be similar to <CHAPTER>/<LEGION>), when, following what happened to the 2 armies I already wrote about, it would make much more sense to have it only in Infantry and Battlesuit units?

Eldar will get their codex this year. If they follow the same procedure of Space Marines, you can bet Tau will follow suit as well.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#338 » Sep 13 2017 06:39

I'd bet money that Sept rules will apply to Infantry, Drones and Battlesuits. ^^

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#339 » Sep 13 2017 09:03

Panzer wrote:I'd bet money that Sept rules will apply to Infantry, Drones and Battlesuits. ^^

I'd rather see sept rules affect differnt unit types ie:
Tau-tanks
farsight-battlesuits
viorla-infantry

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#340 » Sep 13 2017 09:37

Nah I'd hate that. Instead of making a specific Septs army play differently it would pigeonhole them into using only one type of unit.
That sounds extremely un-fun and also doesn't follow what we've seen GW doing so far.

Nymphomanius
Shas

Post#341 » Sep 13 2017 10:52

Septs will probably get the same treatment as marine chapters everyone in the Sept can do X or is affected by Y.

Don't know what those will be but I would love a tau version of raven guard / alpha Legion

Or the salamander chapter tactics might make crisis suits and broadsides more appealing but that's just speculation.

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#342 » Sep 13 2017 11:15

Salamander CT would make Railsides hella good

Return to “General Discussion”