Upcoming T'au Codex

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
MikeMurdock
Shas'Saal

Re: Upcoming T'au Codex

Post#271 » Aug 29 2017 07:17

For myself I been wondering for the Tau Codex if there going to do like 7th edition and put them and the Farsight Enclave as separate Codexes (or codexs. still trying to get used to the plural ) Or merge them and leave the enclaves as a separate page. Since I did plan to field a enclave force for my Tau.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#272 » Aug 29 2017 07:19

MikeMurdock wrote:For myself I been wondering for the Tau Codex if there going to do like 7th edition and put them and the Farsight Enclave as separate Codexes (or codexs. still trying to get used to the plural ) Or merge them and leave the enclaves as a separate page. Since I did plan to field a enclave force for my Tau.

With the keyword system there isn't really a point in putting Farsight Enclaves in a seperate Codex. They aren't that different to the other T'au Empire Septs.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#273 » Aug 29 2017 09:14

Yup, I think they are just going to do what they did with the SM chapters and lump them in a single payment, I mean book. ;)

MikeMurdock
Shas'Saal

Post#274 » Aug 29 2017 10:55

Yojimbob wrote:Yup, I think they are just going to do what they did with the SM chapters and lump them in a single payment, I mean book. ;)

I would love that due to it will save me money when I start collecting some codex books. Plus it is the logical conclusion since the indexes cover many different factions :D

thesnailmaster
Shas'Saal

Post#275 » Aug 29 2017 11:21

MikeMurdock wrote:
Yojimbob wrote:Yup, I think they are just going to do what they did with the SM chapters and lump them in a single payment, I mean book. ;)

I would love that due to it will save me money when I start collecting some codex books. Plus it is the logical conclusion since the indexes cover many different factions :D

Plus we are just going to get a unique Farsight relic, stratagem, warlord trait and sept ability, that does not require a separate book anymore.

Wakshaani
Shas'Saal

Post#276 » Aug 29 2017 01:20

Based off the Marine codex (adding the Lieutenant) and the Chaos codex (Adding the Aspiring Champion), I'd imagine that the Tau will gain a "Sub-Commander", similar to the Commander but not quite as good or as expensive.

I'd love to see an "Angelfish" variant also added, with a small (7 model) carry capacity but allowing the Devilfish drones to be upgraded to burst cannons or SMS, to give a middleweight "command vehicle" option akin to the Space Marine Razorback. It would be possible to do without creating a new kit, but, if a new sprue could be created, a new turret could be added with some options between the power level of a Burst Cannon and Railgun.

But that's starting to get a bit close to "I wish"-dom, which isn't good.

Certain things would be more command point spending options, Sept variations, and a return of Signature Systems. How those will work, I'm not sure, but with the 8th ed focus on combined arms, Buffmanders, rather than fusion commanders, should see a comeback. Will Human Auxillaries return? New Kroot options? It's all speculative at this point, sadly.

I think that we'll see some point adjustments though, with gun drones likely going up, battlesuits dipping, and, more importantly, weapons getting a cost break. How much? No clue. Hopefully enough! Bonus points if they make a couple of small tweaks to Markerlights and Seeker missiles.

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#277 » Aug 29 2017 01:24

Wakshaani wrote:Based off the Marine codex (adding the Lieutenant) and the Chaos codex (Adding the Aspiring Champion), I'd imagine that the Tau will gain a "Sub-Commander", similar to the Commander but not quite as good or as expensive.

Return of the Shas'el ???

On this:
What if a commander gets nerfed to a Shas'el commander with 3 slots and then we spend 3 CP to upgrade to a Shas'o Commander with 4 slots
Last edited by Glarblar on Aug 29 2017 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

MikeMurdock
Shas'Saal

Post#278 » Aug 29 2017 01:33

I do wonder if they will show which races that the enclave can take as auxiliaries. I know Kroot is not a option and from the enclave map there's a planet for Gue'vesas. I would love though to field some Tarellians mainly cause the lore for them is interesting even though they usually take up merc work when imperium or Nids are causing some trouble . then again the codexes don't dive much into the other races that can ally with the tau other than the kroot.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#279 » Aug 29 2017 01:45

Glarblar wrote:
Wakshaani wrote:Based off the Marine codex (adding the Lieutenant) and the Chaos codex (Adding the Aspiring Champion), I'd imagine that the Tau will gain a "Sub-Commander", similar to the Commander but not quite as good or as expensive.

On this:
What if a commander gets nerfed to a Shas'el commander with 3 slots and then we spend 3 CP to upgrade to a Shas'o Commander with 4 slots

That wouldn't make much sense since Shas'O are definitely not on the level of Chapter Master and also wouldn't be worth the cost.

Anyway, a Shas'el is very much possible, though we kinda already have the Fireblades filling that role.

In other news:
Quick translation for non french speaking people
If we know well the main actors on the galactic scene. Warhammer 40k encompass a great number of minor xenos species that showed up during the years. They are generally those that escaped the great xenocide purges of the great crusade but without the number, strength or will to conquer great domains like the Aeldary or the Orks .
In the galaxy, humanity encountered the Nicassars, Barghesis, Demiurgs, Sslyths, Nagis , Jokaeros, K’nibs, Lacrymoles, Laers, Psy-Gores, Xenarchs, Hruds, tarelians, Chromes, Loxatls,Megarachnids, Kinebrach, Saruthis, Rak’Gols, Slaughts …
And those are only a fraction of those identified as conscious. Imperial scholars have described beast since the publication of Rogue Trader. Some of those abominations have come to the tabletop under the guise of modern miniatures in service of existing army. Like the Genestealers (who happened to be working for the Hive Fleets), or the Razorwings (often raised by the Drukhari). Other are missing from the battlefield but lurk in the background of stories, like the Hruds or the Demiurgs. It is possible that some other see the light of day in the future. And some are wondering if we will see an Ambull again ….
Some talk about minor Xenos in modern day 40k. Mhmhm. Some are absent from the battlefield of modern days 40k, but prowl in the background of narratives, such as the Hruds or the Demiurgs, and we wonder if we will see an Ambull one day ...
Thanks @ Club Campi smile.png
Regards,
Lady Atia

Wakshaani
Shas'Saal

Post#280 » Aug 29 2017 03:08

Glarblar wrote:

On this:

I'm afraid I don't know. I'm new to the Tau with this edition, having never played them before (and, in fact, am still assembling my first force) and my grasp of the backstory and terminology is *astoundingly* thin. I hope to correct that via the Codex once it arrives. When I was trying to find out what, exactly, was contained in a Cadre (The answer, it seems, is "It varies") I could swear that I saw that each one has only a single Commander in it, but that would leave room for a secondary command level in support of them. What my head stitched together was 1 Commander and three Subcommanders being "correct", with more command personell below that.

But I freely admit that I know *nothing* at this stage. I'm working with a basic outline of a ROman legion-ish force, with 12 X 12 Fire Warriors as the core for a complete cadre that would be roughly aligned with "Own an entire Space Marine battle Company". What all supports that, I'm still figuring out. Using 12 as the number of choice, however, allows for all kinds of interesting splits in terms of "How many X in this force".

But I digress.

What I'd GUESS at would be a remake of the Crisis suits into four general flavors:

The core suit which has a burst cannon and can trade it for 1-2 other weapons, plus a support system.
The Bodyguard suit which comes with a Burst Cannon and can have 1-2 other weapons, always has a Shield generator, and can have one other support system.
A "Sub-Commander" with burst cannon (trade for 1-2 weapons) and two support systems.
And a "Command" option with burst cannon (trade for 1-2 weapons) and two support sytems, one of which may be a Signature System.

This would bump the suits away from the current Quad Fusion style to a more balanced unit (and would, one would hope, drop in price!) and give you some more interesting options in terms of unit buffs. BUT, legacy is also a thing and I know that suits used to have a system of, in essence, "Pick up to 4 of whatever" and I don't know how well modifying that would go over. (But, in the end, is pure fantasy at this stage.)

Back on point... is there an older Codex that details a bit better what a cadre *does* contain? I need to do some reading before I get too deep. Heck, I've still not even picked a color scheme yet.

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#281 » Aug 29 2017 03:39

sorry, that comment was more directed towards people who had played a long time.

There USED to be a sub commander called Shas'el back in 4th and maybe 5th. What I'm thinking is much like UM there will be a new standard where the Shas'el is the default commander and you spend CP to upgrade them to a Shas'o

thesnailmaster
Shas'Saal

Post#282 » Aug 29 2017 06:00

Glarblar wrote:sorry, that comment was more directed towards people who had played a long time.

There USED to be a sub commander called Shas'el back in 4th and maybe 5th. What I'm thinking is much like UM there will be a new standard where the Shas'el is the default commander and you spend CP to upgrade them to a Shas'o

Well the only reason that SM do this is to change the reroll 1's ability into a reroll all failed hits, there is no other stat changes, so since the current commander have no real abilities that could be buffed in any meaningful way, I do not really see this happening.

CSM & GK do not share this trait with SM as well, so it is more likely a way to limit the amount of unnamed Chapter Masters running about, rather than any real balancing mechanic.

relasine
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#283 » Aug 29 2017 10:40

Wakshaani wrote:I'd love to see an "Angelfish" variant also added, with a small (7 model) carry capacity but allowing the Devilfish drones to be upgraded to burst cannons or SMS, to give a middleweight "command vehicle" option akin to the Space Marine Razorback. It would be possible to do without creating a new kit, but, if a new sprue could be created, a new turret could be added with some options between the power level of a Burst Cannon and Railgun.

This could be interesting if done correctly.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#284 » Aug 30 2017 12:05

Glarblar wrote:sorry, that comment was more directed towards people who had played a long time.

That comparison is lacking though.
The Shas'O is no Chapter Master equivalent. It's a Captain equivalent. Which is a regular HQ choice. We would need a rank above Shas'O (Sept leader) to have a similar thing.
However I'm fine if we don't get that. It's a Space Marine thing and not every faction has to mirror eachother. Not even CSM have such a thing.

If we want Shas'El as subcommander choice, they could just include them as regular HQ choice alongside with the Shas'O while giving them a different ability and slightly worse stats. However as I mentioned before, we already have a subcommander type HQ choice with the Fireblade so I don't really see thee need for a Shas'El. Don't get your hopes up.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#285 » Aug 30 2017 09:06

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... nova-open/
No Tau codex on the horizon.
The next three codices after AdMech have been teased: Craftworld Eldar, Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum, and Tyranids. It's safe to say that the rumor of "AM + Tau" release are very likely bunk. There're still rumors of a 10th codex this year, however, yet Christmas Tau seem a fevered dream.

Chapter Approved:
Finally Chapter Approved will also give Factions that have not yet received their codex some expanded rules while they wait, allowing these factions to make use of some of the cool new mechanics available in Warhammer 40,000.

As they mention campaign, Apocalypse, and errata'd rules earlier in the blurb, I suspect that this bit means <sept> equivalent rules.

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#286 » Aug 30 2017 10:51

yeah, those rumours were all baseless :P

<SEPT> already in the cahpter approved? Don't think so... I'd wager the 'objectve secured'-type rule will be there for all fations' Troops, though.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#287 » Aug 30 2017 11:34

Well if we get a bunch of Auxilliary races for our Codex then it will be a bigger release so of I'd be fine with waiting a bit longer *cross fingers*. :P

<SEPT> rules would be cool but I doubt it....though it would finally answer my questions in which Sept color I'll want to paint my guys in the future so I hope I'm wrong here!

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Post#288 » Aug 31 2017 03:04

The next codex will be tyranids, imperium and eldars.

And the rumours for december are blood angels and orks

Return to “General Discussion”