[Resource] Tau Turn Flowchart

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
oakreef
Shas'La
Shas'La

[Resource] Tau Turn Flowchart

Post#1 » Jul 21 2017 03:12

This started off as an exercise to make sure I understood the turn order correctly and particularly when exactly abilities like Saviour Protocols and Sworn Protectors activated but it turned into a comprehensive flow chart covering almost all of the Tau special rules, including marking which rules are Sept specific.

You should be able to view and edit it on draw.io via this link if you want to make your own version or to export it as a PDF for better printing.

Please tell me if there's any mistakes or anything that could be improved!
Last edited by oakreef on Jul 23 2017 01:58, edited 4 times in total.

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Tau turn flowchart

Post#2 » Jul 21 2017 03:53

Looks good to me! Fantastic idea!
That looks really tidy and seems to have everything there. One thing, stuff like recon suite and sense of stone are t'au sept only by your key. There is just those sorts of things and it will be perfect. I am seriously thinking about printing this off do I don't forget stuff.

Tau'va

Sniper

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Jul 21 2017 04:36

At the start of movement phase you have "detach drones" I assume you mean the splitting of drones that are attached to non-vehicle units from their "force ogranisation slot" unit. From the wording of pathfinders, there is uncertainty if it is done before or after vanguard move. I'd say they are split before the vanguard move (after being set up) and only PFs get the vanguard move, but It's not clear enough for my taste to insist on this... Let's hope this will get answered in next FAQ, I would find it "legal" to play it the way you have it shown until then. (Also, please don't start a discussion about it here, if you must, do it there: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=26002 )

Saviour protocol is also <Sept> rule after last FAQ update.
Mont'ka/Kauyon is <Sept>, but it's T'au Empire if Shadowsun does it. (might deserve an asterix with bottom note)

Other than that, very nice job.

oakreef
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jul 21 2017 04:55

Gragagrogog wrote:At the start of movement phase you have "detach drones" I assume you mean the splitting of drones that are attached to non-vehicle units from their "force ogranisation slot" unit. From the wording of pathfinders, there is uncertainty if it is done before or after vanguard move. I'd say they are split before the vanguard move (after being set up) and only PFs get the vanguard move, but It's not clear enough for my taste to insist on this... Let's hope this will get answered in next FAQ, I would find it "legal" to play it the way you have it shown until then. (Also, please don't start a discussion about it here, if you must, do it there: http://advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic ... 44&t=26002 )

By "detach drones" I meant disembarking attached drones from vehicles. RAW it says to do it at the start of the movement phase so I decided to list it separately from normal disembarking. I didn't include anything for splitting drones from infantry/battlesuits. My current understanding of the rules is it's done as soon as their placed, i.e. before the vanguard move, but I'm not certain. I agree it's a debate for another thread and I think I'm going to keep leaving it out for now.

Gragagrogog wrote:Saviour protocol is also <Sept> rule after last FAQ update.

Good catch, thanks!

Gragagrogog wrote:Mont'ka/Kauyon is <Sept>, but it's T'au Empire if Shadowsun does it. (might deserve an asterix with bottom note)

I actually already had an asterisk with that note about Shadowsun but it's not very visible on the forum background as the text was on top of a transparent background. I'll make it a bit easier to read.

SniperTau wrote:Looks good to me! Fantastic idea!
That looks really tidy and seems to have everything there. One thing, stuff like recon suite and sense of stone are t'au sept only by your key. There is just those sorts of things and it will be perfect. I am seriously thinking about printing this off do I don't forget stuff.

I'm fixing up a few colours. Please tell me if there's anything else wrong.

Will edit my post with an updated version presently.

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jul 21 2017 05:13

Aye, didn't see that SS note...

Hmm, It says "Both drones can detach at the start of your movement phases by disembarking.", but disembarking in rulebook just says do it before the vehicle moves...

Ye, RAW you have to disembark drones before any unit moves if it says "start of movement phase"... Which is kinda wierd, as with multiple "normal" transports, you could disembark a unit from a transport, then move the disembarked unit, move the transport, then do the same with another embarked unit and it's transport. But with drones you have to first disembark any or all of them, then start moving anything. This might be worth getting FAQ'd, but for the time being you have it correctly...

oakreef
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Jul 23 2017 02:03

Updated chart to include shield drone's new FAQ'd ability in the "Feel no Pain" quasi-step. I also added the roll you need for the FnP and Explodes/Crash and Burn rules. May add similar notes to other sections later but may not due to other sections being less uniform in how the various abilities work. Also added "Drop Homing Beacon" in the movement phase as it was missing.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: [Resource] Tau Turn Flowchart

Post#7 » Jul 23 2017 10:26

Our supporting Shas' markerlit (aka Reported) your great post. Brilliant work and great contribution to the community. Excuse my edits, but I have tweaked the Topic Title and stickied your post for more attention.

Much thanks!
Tael.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jul 24 2017 02:05

Great work! Love it :)

Just one small spelling mistake I saw:
In the Charge Phase: Gravity Wave Porjector (-> Projector)

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#9 » Jul 24 2017 03:51

This has also been featured on Twitter @ATTactica :D

Return to “General Discussion”